• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This thread is like when anytime there's a post apocalypse movie about a parent and child, people keep acting like it's The Last of Us.

The idea they pushed this out doesn't even make sense. It's not like the Pokemon trailer is going to not be talked about 24 hours later. If they wanted to separate the conversation and keep TS4 up in the public mind, they would have waited at least like a week.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The idea they pushed this out doesn't even make sense. It's not like the Pokemon trailer is going to not be talked about 24 hours later. If they wanted to separate the conversation and keep TS4 up in the public mind, they would have waited at least like a week.

People just want to push a narrative because this is one of those films no one wants to exist even if it ends up being good. Doesn't help these teasers have been bit underwhelming.

Then again none of the Toy Story teasers have ever been that great.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
However bad Key and Peele characters are that spoon cannot seriously be a prominent character in the film, right ?!

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This wasn't particularly written well.

Key and Peele do this sort of banter much better when unhinged.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
However bad Key and Peele characters are that spoon cannot seriously be a prominent character in the film, right ?!

At least you can already see a little background in the character being a child made toy and not feeling like he's a real toy in just the short time he's on. Ducky and Bunny just came off as unfunny and slightly offensive. "To Infinity and your mom"?!! WTF is that?!

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
You're right about the creativity but the thing has that typical annoying "I'm freaking out man" voice

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they are trying to reach an audience that you find watching illumination entertainment movies.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone pointed out that we might be getting a new teaser every day this week to introduce all the new characters that will be in Toy Story 4, and this actually has nothing to do with the Detective Pikachu trailer crushing the TS4 teaser yesterday even if it feels that way?

At least you can already see a little background in the character being a child made toy and not feeling like he's a real toy in just the short time he's on. Ducky and Bunny just came off as unfunny and slightly offensive. "To Infinity and your mom"?!! WTF is that?!
Two of Key and Peele's most well known characters are two valets/doormen who get incredibly hyped about nonsense and mispronounce everyone's name and famous tag lines. You might not like it, that's fine, but it's just the actors doing their popular characters as voices in a movie. Rick Moranis and Doug Thomas did the exact same thing reprising their SNL characters Bob and Doug as two moose in Brother Bear.

Also who the flip thinks "your mom" is an offensive joke anymore, or ever even was?

These two characters are carnival toys. Heaven forbid Pixar write characters that reflect or portray the environment they're from to contrast the home schooled toys from Andy's room.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty hard to gauge these characters, considering this video was just a kid-friendly version of that Key & Peele sketch with the two valets and a the 'I said biiiiiiitch' sketch.

Still, fun to hear Key and Peele together again.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
These teasers will have basically zilch to so with the actual film/trailer. Pixar's creative teams and leads are tiered. Junior staff get little projects like these to gain experience and prove themselves before rising in ranks (or failing, as the case may be here given the feedback). Their talent base is extremely heavily built in-house as they move forward. It would be fascinating to see all of the shelved demos, half-finished abandoned work, etc over the decades.

Basically the film itself gets an A team, while this type of thing gets near-intern levels of attention. The actual trailer will be a combo of marketing team + A team work.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man... The third one was the perfect ending.

Gave us all closure. Not sure I want to see a fourth.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I thought that was cute. It's nice to hear Key and Peele together again.

Didn't Jordan say he was retiring from acting? Then again, how the heck can you say no to Toy Story?

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I could've sworn I heard the duck say "nigga" or at the very least "nig" which was kinda jarring. But maybe my mind was getting away from me. I'm surprised people are talking about Pikachu and not really mentioning that.

I don't think Pikachu will come anywhere to approaching the amount of money that Toy Story 4 will gross but I think it'll perform well enough.

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now I'm watching Toy Story.

Thanks OP

EDIT:

It has been 8 years since Toy Story 3, Wtf!

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017

Why does she give me Rey vibes the way shes holding that...

rey_image.jpg

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I guess a part of the story is "Oh we found Bo Peep, but it's not the Bo Peep we know" with her being like a newer model of toy.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't she porcelain in the original or did it just look that way?

Edit looking at pics it was just the quality of the animation making her super shiny