Oct 25, 2017
Jimmy G's trade value right now

tumblr_p2r2c9gGzs1r7dh6wo1_250.gifv

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Maybe but it's still not the reason they lost the games last year. The defense giving upon almost a 80% to good QBs is. Gotta spend those 3first rd picks on the d line and maybe an offensive tackle. More important than QB...this year .
The defense was indeed mediocre, but the Eagles passing offense was ranked 30th for the vast majority of the season. The offense had to be completely changed to a run-heavy offense cuz Hurts' limitations as a Qb were being abused in the first half of the season. I'd rather the Eagles spend picks on a proven Qb than be one of these teams with a potentially good defense and garbage Qb. Look at the 49ers for an example on how you're limited.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
As a chiefs fan, shit lol. Denver bout to be actually competitive now. Good for Russ, but fuck the demonic looking pony.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
absolutely no team looks at Jimmy G as a floor raiser worthy of spending premium capital on to land lmao

Is he going going to command a Wilson or Stafford level haul? No. Is he poised to go for at least a mid-late 1st, maybe a little more? Yes. Poor QB draft class, slim pickings around the league, someone will absolutely pay up. See the Sam Bradford trade.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love the Mariners. My childhood was spent in the Kingdome and listening to Dave on the radio. If we ever win the world series it will hands down be the third greatest day of my life behind my wedding and my daughter being born.

My wife jokes that it would probably be better than those other two. Heh.

I need baseball back. Now.
Yep, the Mariners (and the Sonics) we're a way bigger part of my childhood, and a world series win would easily be one of the best moments of my life. I hope we get that one day. End the damn lockout.
Rumors already swirling the Seattle is planning on using those picks from the trade to get Deshaun Watson from the Texans
Eh, I'd rather not. He was my favorite player before he was outed as a predator. Wouldn't want him on my team now.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I don't think Hurts is the answer, but I also don't think the rest of the Eagles Roster becomes a legit contender if you swap Hurts out for an elite QB. I probably would have been willing to do 3 1st rounders (2 this year and 1 next year) for Russ though!

The Eagles would become more of a contender in the NFC, esp the NFCE, with Russ than Denver will be with Russ going up against Mahomes, Herbert in division and guys like Josh Allen in the conf.

NFC comparatively is wide open.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Is he going going to command a Wilson or Stafford level haul? No. Is he poised to go for at least a mid-late 1st, maybe a little more? Yes. Poor QB draft class, slim pickings around the league, someone will absolutely pay up. See the Sam Bradford trade.

I'd jump for joy if the 49ers could pull a mid to late first off with a Garoppolo trade.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle is rebuilding. They aren't in the market for Jimmy. It takes one potential/realistic landing spot for a guy like Jimmy out of play.

Jimmy was never really attached to Denver as possibility anyway. All the scuttlebutt around them was Rodgers or Wilson. And depending what Seattle does next, that's one less potential target for the Panthers and Commanders of the world.

Skyshark

Apr 26, 2021
Seems a lot of people here don't realize you can't trade more than three first round picks in a deal.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

I'll just call this wishful thinking lmao

If he gets a third I'll say its a win for the niners

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Good, glad to see him traded as a Seahawks fan. He peaked a couple years ago and they weren't going to have the cap room to get good enough players around him. Of course, I'll also be upset when he somehow goes back to 2014 Russ for the Broncos. Lousy AFC West rival Broncos, lol.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Darnold was viewed as having a higher ceiling because of how young he was. Jimmy is 30 and has been a starting Qb for 5 years. Teams know what he is, and what he is is not worth a first round pick. Even players like Wentz, who has played like an MVP at one point in his career and his younger, was only traded for a conditional first round pick. The NFL overvalues QBs yes, but generally not ones like Jimmy. Ironically its Niners fans who seem to be the ones who overvalue him despite all evidence pointing to him not being that guy.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Darnold just went for a 2nd Round pick along with two other picks. And again..see the Bradford trade. The league overvalues QBs.

Panthers are an incredibly poorly run organization last few years with a desperate GM at the time, and even then Darnold was like 6 years younger than garrapolo is now. Panthers likely won't make that stupid of a mistake again, and no team in the league thinks they're a Jimmy G away from contention.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
NFL contenders in 2022:

LA Rams
Green Bay

Dallas (maaaaaaybe)
San Francisco (depending on their QB situation)
Arizona (if they can figure out their late season issues)

The rest of the NFC

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Jimmy is worth more than you guys are giving him credit for. He been to the Superbowl, 2 NFC championship games, and his stats are better than a good half of the league. He won't get a kings ransom but he will be worth quite a bit.

It boils down to, is your guy better than Jimmy? At least 15 teams will say no. Fuck it I say Jimmy go to Cleveland, Baker is horrible, let him rot someplace like Houston.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Darnold was viewed as having a higher ceiling because of how young he was. Jimmy is 30 and has been a starting Qb for 5 years. Teams know what he is, and what he is is not worth a first round pick. Even players like Wentz, who has played like an MVP at one point in his career and his younger, was only traded for a conditional first round pick. The NFL overvalues QBs yes, but generally not ones like Jimmy. Ironically its Niners fans who seem to be the ones who overvalue him despite all evidence pointing to him not being that guy.

Under no circumstances did Darnold have a higher ceiling coming out of 2020 than Jimmy G does coming off of his second deep playoff run in three seasons. That's silly talk. And believe me, no one who watched him for the past 5 years is deluding themselves into thinking he's a franchise guy. But let's not act like there arent plenty of examples of QB needy teams overpaying for that tier of QB or worse.

Oct 28, 2017
The defense was indeed mediocre, but the Eagles passing offense was ranked 30th for the vast majority of the season. The offense had to be completely changed to a run-heavy offense cuz Hurts' limitations as a Qb were being abused in the first half of the season. I'd rather the Eagles spend picks on a proven Qb than be one of these teams with a potentially good defense and garbage Qb. Look at the 49ers for an example on how you're limited.

I understand what you mean for sure
and the offense had a different flow when Gardner started that game however, I would still rather fix the rest of the holes, cause there are holes a plenty. D-Line, O Tackle, Linebacker (like they care) and desperate need in the secondary. They have a ton of draft capital and while the QB position needs to improve, I think that can wait and see what Final Form Hurts is going to be before moving on.

Don't want Watson either

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Jimmy is worth more than you guys are giving him credit for. He been to the Superbowl, 2 NFC championship games, and his stats are better than a good half of the league. He won't get a kings ransom but he will be worth quite a bit.

If he's this good why did San Francisco trade three firsts for a Quarterback who played one whole college game?

Oct 27, 2017
Aaron Rodgers really has no excuses for not getting back to at least one more SB. Almost all of his competition is in the AFC or retired.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Under no circumstances did Darnold have a higher ceiling coming out of 2020 than Jimmy G does coming off of his second deep playoff run in three seasons. That's silly talk. And believe me, no one who watched him for the past 5 years is deluding themselves into thinking he's a franchise guy. But let's not like there are plenty of examples of QB needy teams overpaying for that tier of QB or worst.

Yes, he did. Because he was a 23 year old with a lot of physical tools who was in a shitty situation with the Jets. Its easy to understand why teams might talk themselves into being able to "fix" him. Jimmy G is 30. And he's spent the last 5 years playing in essentially a perfect situation for him, with a QB "guru" running his offense, playing on a loaded team with talent up and down the roster. And he's still been fairly mediocre enough that the Niners couldn't wait to replace him. You don't seem to understand how teams value QBs or evaluate individual players. they don't really give all that much of a shit about "deep playoff runs" and "super bowl appearances", certainly not enough to suddenly vault the value of a fairly pedestrian QB up to a first rounder.