• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
I could not be happier myself. I love living up here, I enjoy the weather a lot more than Tennessee's humidity. Though I cannot really say too much as I'm a pretty recent arrival.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Been a pretty decent summer so far, can't complain. It's been warm but haven't had to use the AC yet and so far no threat of widespread wildfires. [fingers crossed]

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
How is Life in Seattle ? I've seen micro studios for $800 a month

That sounds about right lol. Life is great as can be in COVID. Taking pupper to marymoor on the east side and gas works a lot. Marymoor is basically dog heaven lol

deW4KjW.jpg

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
People in Green Lake are finally wearing masks. All it took was a statewide mandate to do so.

And once again, super glad to have my patio where I can enjoy being outside but not around stupid people.

BF043-C20-40-F8-40-F3-ABEF-E03183-D83996.jpg

Rydeen

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA.
Been a pretty decent summer so far, can't complain. It's been warm but haven't had to use the AC yet and so far no threat of widespread wildfires. [fingers crossed]
At least over here (As in Western Washington) we've had decent rainfall as recent as last week before the 4th of July weekend, so we should be good, it's been a mild Summer over all. Not sure about the rest of Washington State though.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
At least over here (As in Western Washington) we've had decent rainfall as recent as last week before the 4th of July weekend, so we should be good, it's been a mild Summer over all. Not sure about the rest of Washington State though.

One of my best friends is from Entiat (ie Central WA wildfire epicenter) and he still has family over there. They've been getting a reprieve of rain once or twice a week which has really helped.

Very grateful we haven't had to bust out the AC units in the bedrooms. Our brick house has been a full on oven in prior Seattle summers.

Rydeen

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA.
One of my best friends is from Entiat (ie Central WA wildfire epicenter) and he still has family over there. They've been getting a reprieve of rain once or twice a week which has really helped.

Very grateful we haven't had to bust out the AC units in the bedrooms. Our brick house has been a full on oven in prior Seattle summers.
My last place was a loft in The International District in a brick building. The really bad Summer in 2015 I'd wake up in a puddle of my own sweat before 8:00 AM every day for months.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
My last place was a loft in The International District in a brick building. The really bad Summer in 2015 I'd wake up in a puddle of my own sweat before 8:00 AM every day for months.

2010 was so bad. That stretch of 90+ days in August was brutal. Our cat would seek out the hottest room in the house and I thought it was going to kill her. I eventually took a frozen washcloth and formed it around her abdomen.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
There's a baby crow outside my window with the nice weather I have been watching his mother feed him.
We have baby crows (so many baby birbs coming to our porch >3<) and they are so fucking cute. They don't even know how to climb around trees yet and it's cute watching them follow the parents.
Every time I watch a crow it ends up taking a shit and then I regret watching it.
I have a similar issue with wild birbs except it always ends in them fucking another bird.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
image2.jpg
image1.jpg

This is the bird I have been watching the most lately. His name is millet and he injured his leg and had to be quarantined so he would not hurt himself.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Unsurprising, but sad nonetheless, a bunch of places have permanently closed that I used to go to.
Peets @ Green Lake
Toronado
Bergundian
Jules Mae

www.seattletimes.com

At least 20 more Seattle-area restaurants have permanently closed during the COVID-19 crisis

Two Tom Douglas places are just the beginning of a long list of restaurants that've closed forever during the pandemic ... so far.
Bedlam Coffee, my favorite cafe in Belltown, suddenly closed a few weeks ago. Someone told me they're moving to a new location, but I haven't been able to find any info to confirm that.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Unsurprising, but sad nonetheless, a bunch of places have permanently closed that I used to go to.
Peets @ Green Lake
Toronado
Bergundian
Jules Mae

www.seattletimes.com

At least 20 more Seattle-area restaurants have permanently closed during the COVID-19 crisis

Two Tom Douglas places are just the beginning of a long list of restaurants that've closed forever during the pandemic ... so far.

Peets closed before the Pandemic.

Toronado is a sad story. I live nearby and would go in all the time for a post run beer. The food was really good too. Matt Bonney, the owner (used to manage Brouwers), died in early 2019 and the place was just never the same. The writing has been on the wall for a while and they closed up the same week the lockdown began.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Peets closed before the Pandemic.

Toronado is a sad story. I live nearby and would go in all the time for a post run beer. The food was really good too. Matt Bonney, the owner (used to manage Brouwers), died in early 2019 and the place was just never the same. The writing has been on the wall for a while and they closed up the same week the lockdown began.
Oh really? My wife grew up in SoCal so she loves Peets and would always go there. I guess she didn't notice until the pandemic and thought that was it. I think it was the only dedicated Peets in WA.

I haven't been to Toronado in a long time. I used to go there for lunch but then they started opening later (3 I think). I didn't realize the owner died. I wonder if The Westy will follow. I liked taking the kids there to play skee ball and pinball.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Oh really? My wife grew up in SoCal so she loves Peets and would always go there. I guess she didn't notice until the pandemic and thought that was it. I think it was the only dedicated Peets in WA.

I haven't been to Toronado in a long time. I used to go there for lunch but then they started opening later (3 I think). I didn't realize the owner died. I wonder if The Westy will follow. I liked taking the kids there to play skee ball and pinball.

Yeah, he had a heart attack. There was a big wake for him at Toronado the weekend that it happened. I went a couple times after he passed away but it never felt the same. Taplists got worse, etc.

The Westy seems to be doing just, though. It can never replace Pies and Pints, but we enjoy going there and my daughter loves the skeeball.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh really? My wife grew up in SoCal so she loves Peets and would always go there.

I grew up in southern california, and feel like I never heard of Peets until i moved up here, but I went to their website to see locations and there are like 4 or 5 of them in the immediate area I grew up in, so I guess I just don't pay attention to the world around me

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
It's sad to read about the closings. Hopefully, my favorite spots are still open when I'm back home in the states to visit this holiday or next spring (c19 wiling). Hate to see people lose jobs and the city losing a lot of character and quality.

edit: i love reading this thread. I'm not there but it keep me feeling attached to "home".

BanditoMac

Dec 13, 2017
Well I finally put the AC in. Pandemic already put a bummer on the summer, I'm just ready for fall gloom to return

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad I'm not still in the townhome I lived in for awhile. My computer/office had been set up in the 3rd floor. I remember when I was playing Sleeping Dogs, at NIGHT, during a heatwave, my PC kept overheating and turning off. Not sure I would have even been able to WFH.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I just ordered one of those portable air conditioners from Amazon today. I was trying to tough it out, but I can't keep working like this.

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Woo! Signed a two bedroom next to greenlake since WFH is going to be a hot minute for gf and I. There are some good deals to be had.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Went for a four mile run early this morning, then decided to change the oil in the car and vacuum it out in the heat. That was fun.

Hooray for an AC unit on the main floor and in our bedrooms upstairs.

Woo! Signed a two bedroom next to greenlake since WFH is going to be a hot minute for gf and I. There are some good deals to be had.

Hey there neighbor. Welcome to the hood.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
Currently in first hill. Dream is to live in Beacon but thats several years away. When our lease is up we'd like to rent in Greenlake we think.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I've been in Green Lake since 2007, crazy to see all the growth and change since we bought our house. Light rail hadn't been announced yet and now we're about a year away.