Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
This doesn't really make Scott look worse. Hell under certain contexts it's actually a little more understandable why he did what he did.

If he had an entire year to marinate on it and hear both sides out but having a more personal connection with one then it makes sense why he decided to stick with Alax considering he's more personal with Alax than Bobdunga and it would be a lot easier for him to convince Scott it was just a messy breakup. If anything kind of feel sorry for Scott he got himself tied up with this because of Alax
What an awful comment. Scott isn't the victim here.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I personally think we should try to contact Scott first and If all fails then post this thread.

I love Scott and I wasn't aware who that guy is.

He definitely needs to address this though.

Does anyone know the best way to do this as I would Imagine he's just trying to avoid conflict which is making things worse.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I personally think we should try to contact Scott first and If all fails then post this thread.

Does anyone know the best way to do this as I would Imagine he's just trying to avoid conflict which is making things worse.
Try to contact him?

Even if he finally responds the fact is a woman who was abused warned him very clearly and he choose to ignore it.

There is literally nothing he can say that will change the fact he ignored an abuse victim and associated himself with a known abuser.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Scott knew about the allegations for over a year & I gave him over a week to address the situation before making this thread, nothing happened. And even then, that doesn't excuse the fact that he explicitly ignored Bobdunga's warnings.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
When I watched that episode and saw all the gaming YouTubers cameoing in it, I couldn't help but think 'man, given how awful so many gaming YouTubers end up being, he's taking a heck of a risk including so many in this one video if any of them turn out to have done awful things...'

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Scott knew about the allegations for over a year & I gave him over a week to address the situation before making this thread, nothing happened. And even then, that doesn't excuse the fact that he explicitly ignored Bobdunga's warnings.

You've done right by making this thread then.

Deleted member 48368

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 5, 2018
Isn't it the case that ProJared had receipts and had been uncanceled?
ProJareds entire "defense"/"receipts" was basically "I don't know what this person is talking about and the other person lied about her age to me, also my breakup is none of your business" and pointing out that one of them had a gamegrumps fanblog and apparently had gone to the Grumps beforehand with evidence before going public, insinuating that they were doing it for attention".

Needless to say, I found very little of it convincing (at best I am willing to conclude one was in it for attention, but it leaves the other unresolved and I don't want to dig into personal drama with a bad breakup because nobody comes out of that looking good), because even if you accept all of this at face value, it completely forgoes the utter disaster that is "setting up an account to share nudes with your fanbase" is to begin with.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Not that I'm aware of.
I recall that the allegations against Jared were faked, and the scandal between him and Heidi ended with both parties not looking particularly great.

I don't blame anyone for unsubbing from Jared, but there's reasonable doubt involved and he paid the price in subscribers.

Scott the Woz is a real talent and he may have to pay the price as well, but I really hope he speaks up. I'm subscribed to him, Bobdunga, and a bunch of the creators featured in the 200th episode and I think he owes an explanation to everyone. You don't just let this drama play out and walk away without facing consequences.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This doesn't really make Scott look worse. Hell under certain contexts it's actually a little more understandable why he did what he did.

If he had an entire year to marinate on it and hear both sides out but having a more personal connection with one then it makes sense why he decided to stick with Alax considering he's more personal with Alax than Bobdunga and it would be a lot easier for him to convince Scott it was just a messy breakup. If anything kind of feel sorry for Scott he got himself tied up with this because of Alax

Can you imagine saying this to a friend who comes to you about being harassed? Then can you imagining sticking up for your buddy who did gross/shitty things to his partner?

lol geez
"Don't involve me! I'm filming tomorrow"

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it the case that ProJared had receipts and had been uncanceled?
Not that I'm aware of.

If I have this correct, he and his wife had an extremely messy public falling out and divorce with allegations of cheating done by Jared thrown around where Jared fired back with his own accusations, while the allegations about sexting minors was false. He did share nudes of himself with fans who were in a group for that, though.

I don't really care about two people having an ugly ass divorce, but since the real bad shit was false it mostly seemed like the other stuff was forgotten.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If anything, it's worse. He knew well ahead of time about the allegations, & she wasn't the only one to speak out against Alex. The fact that he ignored all of that to side with Alex is a problem in & of itself. The easy way out would've been to not include Alex in the video at all if Scott was really that conflicted. By including him, not only is he saying that Alex his actions were ok, but he's also ignoring the police of his victims (the irony of which was mentioned in the OP).
What is there to be conflicted about if he's closer with one side who is actually his friend and the other side who's his friend's ex. I'm not making the assumption that Scott thinks Bobdunga was a a crazy ex who wants to ruin Alex's career but he probably has a more complicated read on the situation considering his ties to Alex personally.

You're right that Scott shouldn't work with him for videos especially now that it's out in the open like that but I also don't believe he did this with any maliciousness towards Bobdunga specifically and more that he probably doesn't truly realize the scale of Alex's actions because he's had more opportunity to hear him out and to have it be downplayed.

It's been a while since the accusations popped up and his warning from Bobdunga so it's plausible that between Alex assuring him with his side of the story and with how long ago (also how relatively niche it was) that he didn't pay any mind and didn't think the cameo would be that big a deal.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Never watched one of Scott's videos before because there was something about his thumbnails that always gave me a bad vibe.

Turns out that was a good call. If you can't do basic research on a potential collaborator, especially one with such an extensive history of abuse, that's on you.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What an awful comment. Scott isn't the victim here.
I wasn't saying he was but just noting Scott got out into a bad spot because of Alax's bullshit. Bobdunga is def the real victim and Scott was someone who stuck more with Alax and is getting burned for it

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
It's been a while since the accusations popped up and his warning from Bobdunga so it's plausible that between Alex assuring him with his side of the story and with how long ago (also how relatively niche it was) that he didn't pay any mind and didn't think the cameo would be that big a deal.
If you blink you could miss the cameo. Scott had, like, 500 creators featured in the video. I wouldn't be surprised if he felt like it wasn't a big deal, or barely had time to consider it, but that's not really an excuse.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Never watched one of Scott's videos before because there was something about his thumbnails that always gave me a bad vibe.

Turns out that was a good call. If you can't do basic research on a potential collaborator, especially one with such an extensive history of abuse, that's on you.

lol, i'm not even here to defend Scott, but piling all the blame because "youtube thumbnails that rubbed me the wrong way" is a weird and hilarious stance that I see way too often.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can you imagine saying this to a friend who comes to you about being harassed? Then can you imagining sticking up for your buddy who did gross/shitty things to his partner?

lol geez
"Don't involve me! I'm filming tomorrow"
He isn't really. He just gave him a super small part in a 2 hour video and didn't really think it would be that big of a deal

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts

TBH that's a bit shallow of you, judging a book by its cover. Scott is a funny guy who puts effort into his videos. Why do you think he built such a large audience so quickly? He's legit.

Just because you discover NOW that he had a moral slipup (that he has yet to address) doesn't mean that the rest of his content is garbage and that he's a problematic individual in his entirety. You're leaning hard into confirmation bias.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's much easier to be a coward and ignore some random person than go against someone who is presumably a friend.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
What is the 200th video about anyways? Saw the thumbnail but don't get what borderline is...

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He isn't really. He just gave him a super small part in a 2 hour video and didn't really think it would be that big of a deal
It doesn't matter if it's 10 seconds in a 10 hour long video.

Giving any level of exposure to a known Abuser is going to be suspect and no amount of thinking it wouldn't be a big deal will fly/be a good defense of the choice.

That says some really poor things about Scott if he truly knew about it and just shrugged and thought to himself it would be largely okay/not a big deal.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
What is there to be conflicted about if he's closer with one side who is actually his friend and the other side who's his friend's ex. I'm not making the assumption that Scott thinks Bobdunga was a a crazy ex who wants to ruin Alex's career but he probably has a more complicated read on the situation considering his ties to Alex personally.

You're right that Scott shouldn't work with him for videos especially now that it's out in the open like that but I also don't believe he did this with any maliciousness towards Bobdunga specifically and more that he probably doesn't truly realize the scale of Alex's actions because he's had more opportunity to hear him out and to have it be downplayed.

I dunno man, if my friends ex told me he raped her and then the texts came out with all that exicit detail I am pretty sure my response wouldn't be "well I am more close with him so w/e"

You're jumping through a lot of hoops. Unless you think it is reasonable to be just not believe someone who said they were raped. And like, with everything we know about the smash scene now its like, burying your head in the sand.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
lol, i'm not even here to defend Scott, but piling all the blame because "youtube thumbnails that rubbed me the wrong way" is a weird and hilarious stance that I see way too often.
I never said it wasn't.
TBH that's a bit shallow of you, judging a book by its cover. Scott is a funny guy who puts effort into his videos. Why do you think he built such a large audience so quickly? He's legit.
Just because a content creator is popular doesn't mean they're good or that the people behind said videos are good; Pewdiepie makes nothing but garbage and he's the face of the platform (unfortunately). Ditto Logan Paul and the various far-right goblins on the platform like Crowder with even more subscribers than Scotty. Having a lot of subscribers is not a measure of quality for one's videos.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I've read a bit how "I always knew he was suspicious" isn't really a helpful thing to say, even if it turns out to be the case. From how I understand it, putting it like that places the onus of responsibility of the wrongdoing on everyone around him, and everyone else should have figured out he was up to something.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've read a bit how "I always knew he was suspicious" isn't really a helpful thing to say, even if it turns out to be the case. From how I understand it, putting it like that places the onus of responsibility of the wrongdoing on everyone around him, and everyone else should have figured out he was up to something.
Fair enough, apologies for my choice of phrasing.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well regardless of how understandable or abhorrent of Scott ignoring Bobdunga it still sucks he probably won't make a statement about this.

I feel at this point it's a lot less reasonable to not confront these accusations as someone involved with Alax. It sucks how it had to come to this but here's hoping Scott if he ever addresses this at least condemns Alax.

It's hard to ignore the smoke and while it makes some sense he kept his head in the sand up to now if he's planning on allowing him in his videos then he needs to actually confront it. Other wise it's definitely not gonna be a good look for Scott

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
If I have this correct, he and his wife had an extremely messy public falling out and divorce with allegations of cheating done by Jared thrown around where Jared fired back with his own accusations, while the allegations about sexting minors was false. He did share nudes of himself with fans who were in a group for that, though.

I don't really care about two people having an ugly ass divorce, but since the real bad shit was false it mostly seemed like the other stuff was forgotten.
He still kinda gaslit his ex-wife, so fuck him.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I never said it wasn't.

Just because a content creator is popular doesn't mean they're good or that the people behind said videos are good; Pewdiepie makes nothing but garbage and he's the face of the platform (unfortunately). Ditto Logan Paul and the various far-right goblins on the platform like Crowder with even more subscribers than Scotty. Having a lot of subscribers is not a measure of quality for one's videos.
Fair enough. I feel like his content is more thoughtful than Pewdiepie or your typical Let's Play stuff. In terms of Gaming YouTube, he's more in the family of The Completionist and The Gaming Historian. The comedy plays a big part of that and helps him stand out from the more typical "talk about games" channels.

As someone who's watched a bunch of Scott's videos, I thought he always came off as genuine. I hope he's willing to chime in on this controversy rather than just hide from it, as it would be a nice show of character and would mean a lot to the rape and abuse victims of RelaxAlax. Scott is also of college age (23) so it'd be a properly harsh life lesson if it ends up biting him in the ass.

Last edited:

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020

IIRC there was a blog that he'd set up to exchange nudes with fans with the pretense, 'send nudes lulz'. Considering the nature of power dynamics, it is a very scummy thing to do. You also have to take into account the anonymity of the internet and lack of a concrete way to verify someone's age

The situation with the divorce isn't really the major issue at hand and it was pretty petty to bring up personal issues in a marriage for thousands of spectators

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
From what I can tell, Scott made his own bed by bringing RelaxAlax in for a cameo. After the year+ of allegations swirling around the latter, Scott could've just opted to not include him in the video and sidestep the whole thing.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Whenever I see these "where's the evidence" people I always wonder what they expect victims to have.

Footage of them saying "no" while the person has their way with them? A text that says "I slipped something in your drink and had fun while you were passed out"? A notarized and signed confession stating "I raped and abused you"?

The reason it's so hard to "prove" these things is because there's usually no way to have hard evidence and then as the days and weeks and months and years go by it becomes harder and harder to speak out. Believe victims, that doesn't mean immediately "cancelling" or wishing harm on an accused person, it means believe in their words in good faith and be willing to listen instead of immediately dismissing it. Completely pisses me off how much people go with the "people lie" narrative because of a handful of examples over the plethora of legitimate call outs that have been brought forth by victims.

As far as Scott this is a horrible look and no statement will fix it if he was DMed details beforehand. It reads like either he didn't believe the victim, he didn't care, or he cared about the abuser more.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I see these "where's the evidence" people I always wonder what they expect victims to have.

Footage of them saying "no" while the person has their way with them? A text that says "I slipped something in your drink and had fun while you were passed out"? A notarized and signed confession stating "I raped and abused you"?

The reason it's so hard to "prove" these things is because there's usually no way to have hard evidence and then as the days and weeks and months and years go by it becomes harder and harder to speak out. Believe victims, that doesn't mean immediately "cancelling" or wishing harm on an accused person, it means believe in their words and be willing to listen instead of immediately dismissing it. Completely pisses me off how much people go with the "people lie" narrative because of a handful of examples over the plethora of legitimate call outs that have been brought forth by victims.

As far as Scott this is a horrible look and no statement will fix it if he was DMed details beforehand. It reads like either he didn't believe the victim, he didn't care, or he cared about the abuser more.

Exactly.

It is a moral imperative to believe accusers in these scenarios because we have countless, textual examples where justice was dodged by men of influence.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017

I understand what you're trying to say but I don't think Jared was a victim of an overblown story. Jared still gaslit and mentally abused his ex-wife. There's evidence of it.

Even if you say, well that's not my business what happened between two people in their relationship, well, he also solicited nudes from fans and sent nudes of himself to entice them.

We were able to revisit and reassess the Dan stuff, but Jared doesn't have the same story.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jared still gaslit and mentally abused his ex-wife. There's evidence of it.

Even if you say, well that's not my business what happened between two people in their relationship, well, he also soliticted nudes from fans and sent nudes of himself to entice them.

We were able to revisit and reassess the Dan stuff, but Jared doesn't have the same story.

Thanks for the correction. I did a quick google search with a lot of "see it wasn't that bad! They both did wrong!'

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I try to not get invested in personalities anymore cuz of this shit, fuck Scott.

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Having personally spoken with Bobdunga, I can confirm that she warned Scott about Alex more than a year ago in the hopes that Scott would speak out against him. Scott eventually unfollowed her at some point this year.
Goddamn it all... I really enjoy his videos and his take on many things... but knowing this just makes me super sad 😔

Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
Hopefully this doesn't produce yet another video on the dangers of "cancel culture" after another shitbag is featured by a someone people trusted.

Jan 13, 2020
Scott is like the only gaming YouTuber that doesn't instantly fill me with a fiery rage. He always comes across as a good, compassionate and politically aware dude, so I really hope he addresses this soon.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
For me if something bad came out about Matt M muscles, NitroRad, or AntDude I'd be broken though.
Out of all the YouTubers/Twitch streamers out there who aren't completely obnoxious I'm basically down to just CallMeKevin, I can't imagine that dude ever being toxic.

Don't put anyone on a pedestal. These people are not special in being good people. When it gets revealed the negative things about these people, don't be surprised or put your stability on these people being good. That's the danger of parasocial relationships, you only know so little about them in this one-sided relationship.

Last edited:

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Scott's latest video is currently #5 on Trending on YouTube and not a single comment about the allegations. Shameful.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of either(well Scott Ive heard of but never seen any of his content). Regardless, just browsing those allegation threads in OP are horrifying, and they show patterns of abuse going back several years?

So either he handwaives such abuse allegations for whatever nonsense this YouTube project was, or is just ignorant. Either way...not a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.