Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Not him, but enough people legit think that because "74 million" is a huge number, that it's enough to mean he should win, no matter what. I'm sure Scott's of the same thinking.
Not sure how he reconciles supporting McConnell AND Trump at the same time, because those dudes hate each other, but somehow that party is defined by cognitive dissonance.

Their political goals are effectively the same at the end of the day.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
If he's religious and donating to these shit heels, he's probably the other "R" word too.

(Racist)
The other is what I call the R-slur, because it is legit a slur.

Someone like Squimpus McGrimpus (FNAF VHS tape videos, LGBT creator doing the story greater justice) or Dawko (did a big charity stream or 2 for The Trevor Project) should take over the franchise tbh

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas

Someone like Squimpus McGrimpus (FNAF VHS tape videos, LGBT creator doing the story greater justice) or Dawko (did a big charity stream or 2 for The Trevor Project) should take over the franchise tbh

I like that. I think I'll start using that when people say the R-slur. Cheers!

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Easier than admitting you helped empower psycho politicians that want to deteriorate the rights of gay and trans people in this country, I guess.

There would be no visible LGBT community for him to support if the GOP had their way, its the people that have been fighting the republicans Cawthon supports that have scratched and clawed to get to this point.

But no, just take your money bags and run instead of doing even the tiniest bit of introspection.

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Hasn't he already dramatically quit game development like three times in the past already?
Lets be honest, this guy probably fucking HATES FNAF at this point but he's stuck with it becuase it makes him a shitload of money.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was already planning all this and trying to use this to kill two birds with one.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Lets be honest, this guy probably fucking HATES FNAF at this point but he's stuck with it becuase it makes him a shitload of money.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was already planning all this and trying to use this to kill two birds with one.
I'm pretty sure he has enough money to comfortably never work again for the rest of his life.

Last edited:

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena

I was kind of thinking the same thing; I could see a move to being an Executive Producer / Consultant already in the works, given he's probably done about as much as one person can do for what is a big franchise, likely soon to be bigger with the movie etc. Making the switch would make sense now, with all this happening.

Complete 100% armchair speculation from me, of course.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
For those that are voting for Republicans, we are the enemies. All of us that vote for Democrats. We stand for everything they are against. And now the party is fully embracing anti-Democracy stances because they can no longer win the presidency easily. I mean nevermind that former President Donald Trump himself said Democrats are the enemy, and on more than one occasion.
I mean, realistically, the inverse is just as true. To all of us here, they are the enemies. All of them that vote Republican. They stand for everything we are against.

robhans

Banned
Jun 27, 2019

Dawko is piece of shit after suporting Pewdiepie, many creators are banned here for this and so should he. Same with Markipiller or Matpat for downplaying this massivly.

InfiniteKing

Oct 26, 2017
I'm seriously surprised Markpiller or MatPat hasn't done a #thankyouScott tweet. It would be like them to be kissing up to him right now since they're so quiet about this all.

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
I'm seriously surprised Markpiller or MatPat hasn't done a #thankyouScott tweet. It would be like them to be kissing up to him right now since they're so quiet about this all.

I don't watch Markpiller, but my current plan for MatPat is to drop all of his stuff if he ever makes another FNAF video without addressing it (or if he comes out in support of Scott, obviously).

The exception would be in Scott fully divests himself from the property, like Roseanne with the Connors, but that's sure as hell not going to happen.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
I apologize for just asking but the thread is big and I haven't seen anything elsewhere: did any actual doxing occur or are bad actors saying that looking up political contributions is doxing

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
I apologize for just asking but the thread is big and I haven't seen anything elsewhere: did any actual doxing occur or are bad actors saying that looking up political contributions is doxing

Scott himself claims he was doxxed, but he also tried to "both sides" his donations by hiding behind the fact that Tulsi Gabbard is registered as a Democrat and hoping his fans were uninformed enough to not know better. So I'd take what he says with a grain of salt.

If he was actually doxxed or received death threats he should forward that stuff to the proper authorities because that's not okay. However, obviously looking up public political donations is not doxxing.

InfiniteKing

Oct 26, 2017
Has any YouTube who previously supported Pewds come out to dismiss any further support of him?

otherwise I don't think Mat will say anything

I still remember that half assed apology he gave after Toby fox told him off

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, still no peep from Matpat, huh? Yeah my hopes in him being decent are sinking.
Call me a cynic, but I've increasingly become of the mind that there is no such thing as a decent YouTuber, Twitch Streamer or what have you, and that no matter how entertaining, nice or progressive they seem they'll eventually end up disappointing you just like all the others. Plus, MatPat doesn't exactly have a glowing rep as it is, so I already had my doubts he'd say anything regarding this.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Call me a cynic, but I've increasingly become of the mind that there is no such thing as a decent YouTuber, Twitch Streamer or what have you, and that no matter how entertaining, nice or progressive they seem they'll eventually end up disappointing you just like all the others. Plus, MatPat doesn't exactly have a glowing rep as it is, so I already had my doubts he'd say anything regarding this.

Okay, can we not make generalizations like this?

Call out the bad things that some people do, but drawing the line at the quality of their person just for being content creators on Youtube is…kind of frightening to be honest? Like, this is you saying that there are no good content creators on Youtube or Twitch because they may eventually do something bad.

I don't think that's a good sentiment to have!

InfiniteKing

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, can we not make generalizations like this?

Call out the bad things that some people do, but drawing the line at the quality of their person just for being content creators on Youtube is…kind of frightening to be honest? Like, this is you saying that there are no good content creators on Youtube or Twitch because they may eventually do something bad.

I don't think that's a good sentiment to have!
maybe not generalization. But there's quite a bit of youtubers that screw up or are just horrible people pushing stuff. I mean it's not just youtube, it's twitch/youtube/twitter etc etc there's a lot of bad with good. Notably, recently Nexpo was kind of pushing some pizzagate shit as a mystery.

whoa, I had no idea about that last part

Toby is usually so hands off, damn
It was one of these videos MatPat did and he said 'THE NEXT UNDERTALE?" When the game wasn't similar at all besides being a roleplay game as well as not giving credit to the creator and linking their game on the steam page. So Toby came in told him this
EuWbod9WYAURSnG

Mat gave some half hearted apology then never made another undertale vid again. I recall I think he did do the same thing saying something is the 'next so and so'.

Last edited:

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Seems he changed the page back to a blank page

Some say it's not down for them.

Last edited:

Djehuty

Sep 2, 2020
wow he sucks

For the fans of the series I hope through some miracle scott gives the series to steel wool without him retaining any ownership, that way he can't profit anymore than he already has on it and the fans can get better and higher quality games (seriously the jump from pre steel wool to post steel wool shows how bad the franchise was being handled quality wise [8 games in 4 years, yikes]) but judging by everything I've heard so far that's probably not gonna happen, Minecraft just seems to be the exception.

a lot more creators are probably like that, it sucks not knowing if the money im spending is going to some organization or political party that hate people who aren't like themselves. it's truly disgusting.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018

Matpat says words actually

Listened to it earlier. People here will clal it a cop out (and i get why, he kinda tries to hard to argues in scotts position), but overall hes right that there are to many people involved in it to pin it onto one person, while understanding people that feel different.
I think that is a solid response.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
FNAF is Scott. As long as he owns the franchise, he will continue to profit from it and use his fanbase's money to donate to anti-LGBTQIA+ causes.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Listened to it earlier. People here will clal it a cop out (and i get why, he kinda tries to hard to argues in scotts position), but overall hes right that there are to many people involved in it to pin it onto one person, while understanding people that feel different.
I think that is a solid response.
None of his comparisons work. Disney is dead. You won't somehow give him spending money for antisemitism by watching Infinity War. The Universal Studios comparison is completely nuts (and unproven iirc), and there's a HUGE difference between "i'm buying a ticket to universal studios" and "I'm going to make multiple videos about JK Rowling and her cool books and the bigger Potter universe, that are not only monetized so I make money with them, but also they're a literal commercial for Rowling's output for thousands and tens of thousands of viewers, so they can spend money as well".

It's wild.

The fact he's using his users' "line to cross" to defend HIS decision to continue to make money off FNAF and sending so, so much more money Cawthon's way by proxy is just.. I don't even have a word for it. It's not just ignorant, it's actively vile. I didn't expect this from him at all, and I'm super disappointed.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
None of his comparisons work. Disney is dead. You won't somehow give him spending money for antisemitism by watching Infinity War. The Universal Studios comparison is completely nuts (and unproven iirc), and there's a HUGE difference between "i'm buying a ticket to universal studios" and "I'm going to make multiple videos about JK Rowling and her cool books and the bigger Potter universe, that are not only monetized so I make money with them, but also they're a literal commercial for Rowling's output for thousands and tens of thousands of viewers, so they can spend money as well".

It's wild.
Yeah, disney is definitely not around... i would argue that the company as a whole still hase a looot of problems (looking to china...)

I found the roling comparison functional, do i misread something there?
I mean, i get what you say, his content is less on the consumption and more on the promotion side of things. For something to make money (and support countless people and their income) you'll need some promotion. I dont say hes right, but i get where hes coming from.

I was thinking of stuff like Dragon Quest as a comparison where a "problematic" (horendeus) person is profiting, but hundreds of people are connected to the product and have more input.

I would have prefered if he decided to let it go and doesn't make anymore FNAF content.
But at least he has aknowledget it (not something that seemed he would have needed to do, there was no big outcry about GT, was there?), and he layed the points why the controversy was bare for his less involved viewers get the point.

Like i said, he did try to hard to make him look good, but this feels like more i ever expected him to do.

Edit: after reading some responses in the other thread i see that i probably should not really speak on this topic. Maybe because my bar is already that low, but i was suprized that anything came, but im not in the group thats targeted and with that feel as if my assesment is less valid

Last edited:

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Yeah, disney is definitely not around... i would argue that the company as a whole still hase a looot of problems (looking to china...)
Sure, but that's not the comparison he made.

I found the roling comparison functional, do i misread something there?
I mean, i get what you say, his content is less on the consumption and more on the promotion side of things. For something to make money (and support countless people and their income) you'll need some promotion. I dont say hes right, but i get where hes coming from.

He's literally sending millions of people to Cawthon and his games directly. He's the best commercial advertising the games ever had, and he's making money of it. More money, by the way, the better the games sell and are around. The comparison has nothing to do at all with his situation. He's acquitting his viewership with this comparison, not himself.

I was thinking of stuff like Dragon Quest as a comparison where a "problematic" (horendeus) person is profiting, but hundreds of people are connected to the product and have more input.
There's no hundreds of people behind FNAF. It's just Cawthon. Mat is using fan creators and artists for his excuses without even visibly supporting them either, they're just a good excuse to pretend there's more people that need saving.
Also, those fan creators who are still supporting FNAF aren't much better than him, but that's my opinion.

I would have prefered if he decided to let it go and doesn't make anymore FNAF content.
But at least he has aknowledget it (not something that seemed he would have needed to do, there was no big outcry about GT, was there?), and he layed the points why the controversy was bare for his less involved viewers get the point.

Like i said, he did try to hard to make him look good, but this feels like more i ever expected him to do.
He acknowledged it and he's fine with it. His entire video didn't really leave any doubts on that. He's getting paid, and he's continuing to send parts of that paycheck forward to Cawthon, and he has absolutely no issue with it in the end. It's a completely irrelevant explanation for a decision he already made before creating it.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, his responses are making sense to me.

Nothing is always black or white, he made his own choice and he's somewhere in the grey area where I feel like I can agree with him.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, his responses are making sense to me.

Nothing is always black or white, he made his own choice and he's somewhere in the grey area where I feel like I can agree with him.

Okay, here is some nuance for you:

Some republicans like LGBTIQIA+ people because they can leverage their secondary status for ultimately selfish purposes. Others stay away from them and would rather see them die off. And a few would actually kill them if they were allowed to do so.

But in the end, they will never support the equality act.

The bottom line is more important.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
How convenient for him that the gray area allows him to keep making money off the franchise.
He explained his position and I agree with him.

Yeah, he's making money out of his FNAF videos but so are the people Reviewing Mulan, covering Trump in the news or wathever...

I can't be expected to boycott everyone and everything that has a link to something that also has a link to something bad.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, here is some nuance for you:

Some republicans like LGBTIQIA+ people because they can leverage their secondary status for ultimately selfish purposes. Others stay away from them and would rather see them die off. And a few would actually kill them if they were allowed to do so.

But in the end, they will never support the equality act.

The bottom line is more important.

I absolutely hate everything Republican. I'm not even from the US and I got tired of their bullshit FAST.

We're arguing MatPat's position on FNAF and I agree that there's too many people involved to destroy it because of Scott's political views (That I do agree are very wrong.)

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
He explained his position and I agree with him.

Yeah, he's making money out of his FNAF videos but so are the people Reviewing Mulan, covering Trump in the news or wathever...

I can't be expected to boycott everyone and everything that has a link to something that also has a link to something bad.

A "link" is not the same as the entire series being owned, produced, and sold by ONE GUY who embodies literally the worst values in this country.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
A "link" is not the same as the entire series being owned, produced, and sold by ONE GUY who embodies literally the worst values in this country.
Scott is no one compared to many other giants that we keep supporting. I personally see more value in boycotting Amazon/Apple/Walmart than a single man who won't have much more impact on anything anymore.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Scott is no one compared to many other giants that we keep supporting. I personally see more value in boycotting Amazon/Apple/Walmart than a single man who won't have much more impact on anything anymore.
You are aware this one guy has a net worth of 60 million dollars on his hands right?

I don't think this discussion needs more whataboutism than what we already have.

InfiniteKing

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah MatPat looks like he said exactly what his community wanted to hear. Plus he can just keep covering it. Well, that's not surprising. #ThankyouMat

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
I hate that folks begging to be canceled get exactly what they want so that others can claim that cancel culture is worse than it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.