• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 30, 2017
This makes me remember an article I read a few weeks ago.

Frequent marijuana use could literally change a person's heart

The new study, which evaluated the health of 3,407 people in the United Kingdom, suggests a link between regularly using marijuana — defined as daily or weekly use within the past five years — and changes to the heart's structure and functions. It was published Wednesday in the journal JACC Cardiovascular Imaging.

Researchers observed that the study participants who used cannabis regularly had larger left ventricles and showed early signs of impaired heart function.

(...)

The study's authors stress that the findings are not conclusive. The study has limitations — most of the participants were white, the study included a small number of regular cannabis users, and the researchers relied on participants' self-reporting of a drug that is currently illegal in the United Kingdom.

(...)

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I'm going to start calling my panic attacks acute heart attack presentation.

Like I went to the hospital when I was 18 because I felt exactly like this and it was a panic attack. Years of therapy is the only way I'm able to control anxiety from bodily sensations and I still panic sometimes. The shit is very potent to the point it's not even enjoyable now days but this doesn't sound like a stroke and fear-mongering at worst, clickbait at best.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I smoke a blunt every now and then and enjoy it very much, but I ain't pretending it's good for me. Cannabis is known to cause cognitive impairment, in both acute and long term cases. Just because in small doses it's not harmful, or because some people need it for certain treatments, does not mean it cannot be dangerous. That some people pretend there are no risks associated with cannabis only harms its perception.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
People are touchy about their magical cure all, and don't want their to be any risks associated with it.

This could be physiological, or how their body processes the THC.
It's always interesting to me that after a few posts in a thread, we always have to get someone who can see through it all and tell us everyone's hidden motivations without actually knowing much more about those people. And for good measure, we get a dose of pseudoscience.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This makes me remember an article I read a few weeks ago.

Frequent marijuana use could literally change a person's heart

The new study, which evaluated the health of 3,407 people in the United Kingdom, suggests a link between regularly using marijuana — defined as daily or weekly use within the past five years — and changes to the heart's structure and functions. It was published Wednesday in the journal JACC Cardiovascular Imaging.

Researchers observed that the study participants who used cannabis regularly had larger left ventricles and showed early signs of impaired heart function.

(...)

The study's authors stress that the findings are not conclusive. The study has limitations — most of the participants were white, the study included a small number of regular cannabis users, and the researchers relied on participants' self-reporting of a drug that is currently illegal in the United Kingdom.

(...)
Lmao what the fuck. Might as well say "disregard everything in this article".

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
When it's a slow new day and you want to get the reefer madness train rolling again. Weed does not cause strokes, does not make you act like you've got a stroke, and this woman was just way too deep into her paranoid delusion. Doctors ran the normal tests they run for elderly people that arrive with what appears to be sudden onset neurological defects with no explanation. Basically someone slipped her an edible unbeknownst to her, she got really fucking high, everyone panics because nobody knew she got really fucking high.
DING!

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
People are touchy about their magical cure all, and don't want their to be any risks associated with it.

I think it's more that misinformation, targeted and accidental, for this specific compound has led for the last century to actual imprisonment of countless lives. Currently. I guess someone could count them.

Posting one-off articles should be scrutinized. And if it's true that OP really has a history of doing that, it should be treated the same way as if he was posting Fox News slant articles and then going, "Shucks, guys, who knew I'd get personal attacks from posting political articles I found! I just wanted conversation!"

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017

i think there are definitely too many people who push the 'no risks, it's actually beneficial' and it's easy to filter through but this is not that. if you look at any factor of this situation logically or objectively, from either experience or the general view that this happening to one person, especially a senior who unknowingly ingested potent THC in one of its stronger forms, and hearing this diagnosis from one doctor, is not indicative of anything with the general population. This sounds like a panic attack, they express themselves in very bizarre ways sometimes.

I think it's more that misinformation, targeted and accidental, for this specific compound has led for the last century to actual imprisonment.

Posting one-off articles should be scrutinized. And if it's true that OP really has a history of doing that, it should be treated the same way as if he was posting Fox News slant articles and then going, "Shucks, guys, who knew I'd get personal attacks from posting political articles I found! I just wanted conversation!"

This has been an issue since the old forum and I understand it's hard to moderate but it's annoying. Blocking someone is the ultimate way to go if there's a pattern of posting threads seeking reaction, imo. But yes I agree it should be scrutinized. Literally everything posted here can, will, or should be.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Remember that story about the cop who ate an edible than called the police saying he was dying. I don't know if I would word that story as "TCH caused symptoms similar to death". It would be misleading is all I'm saying.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
So to summarize, an elderly woman got really high, and a hospital made an incorrect initial diagnosis, and she recovered just fine. The purpose of this study seems to be to inform doctors of additional symptoms so that they can make a proper diagnosis in future cases.

Speak for yourself, plenty of people on this board want to outlaw both weed and alcohol.

Somewhat refreshingly, the Cannabis Prohibition Defense Force here is very small if not almost entirely non-existent.

Likely because there is still not one single legitimate reason for cannabis possession/use to be outlawed

Last edited:

lt.dinh

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's more that misinformation, targeted and accidental, for this specific compound has led for the last century to actual imprisonment of countless lives. Currently. I guess someone could count them.

Variety has obtained from Paramount Pictures, a Super Bowl TV trailer for the upcoming Paramount movie "The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run":

Humble Bundle currently has a Star Trek franchise comic book bundle that is valued at $562 which has a Star Trek crossover with Transformers and a Star Trek crossover with Green Lantern:

ProPublica has, as of January 28, 2020, the only U.S. nationwide database of official disclosures of Catholic priests who has been credibly accused of sexual abuse:

Clearly a "fox news" poster with a bias of posting interesting news...
It's easy enough to check a person's posting history before attacking them for their posting history.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Im confused. Usually ingesting a shitload of thc will have you hallucinate..etc. Her 'stroke presenting' could have been her just thinking she was having a stroke since the article makes if look like physiologically she was fine
I once smoked a really good joint.... Like 5 minutes later I thought I could not breathe, I was panicking. My friends were worried, but then I said -nah I'm fine- and sat down.

They all laughed.

Last edited:

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Way back before edibles were edibles in 1993 one could cop pot brownies from a "candle store" across the street from a biker club in the Lower East Side in NYC. This was my first experience with an edible. Me and my friend each copped one before class as our first class that day was not until 1 PM. For some reason I very much remember it was a Thursday. So of course we decided we would eat the whole brownie before school, and yeah, we never made it to school and we were basically paralyzed in his dorm room for about 4 hours. Shit was terrifying and yet eventually became hilarious at the same time.

So yeah, not surprised is all I am saying. If you overdue it on edibles, it is a much different experience than simply just smoking.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Weed is a hallucinogen at high enough doses. Most sane people just don't consume enough to make it happen :P
I dunno, I've taken some pretty astronomical doses and never hallucinated. "Weed makes you hallucinate" always comes off as some dubious scaremongering prohibition justification bullshit.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
I dunno, I've taken some pretty astronomical doses and never hallucinated. "Weed makes you hallucinate" always comes off as some dubious scaremongering prohibition justification bullshit.

The strongest visual hallucination I've ever had was on weed. My friends and I had had this batch before, and another friend smoked it with me during this time, but for whatever reason after I smoked it this one time with said friend I went blind for about two minutes, and then my vision came back but everything was black and purple and was vibrating (this lasted another minute or so.) I've never experienced anything like it before or after and I've had some of the world's strongest hallucinogens known to man. I can't explain why it happened but it was wild. This was over ten years ago and friend and I smoked in the parking lot of an amusement park before getting on the tram that takes you to the front gates. I went blind on the tram, and had to lean over to my friend and tell her that we had to stay on because I was blind. She was like, what? LOL.

Last edited:

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like.. Identifying edibles. Yep, its edibles.

i wonder if one of her symptoms was time going by really, really, really, really, slow.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
The strongest visual hallucination I've ever had was one weed. My friends and I had had this batch before, and another friend smoked it with me during this time, but for whatever reason after I smoked it this one time with said friend I went blind for about two minutes, and then my vision came back but everything was black and purple and was vibrating (this lasted another minute or so.) I've never experienced anything like it before or after and I've had some of the world's strongest hallucinogens known to man. I can't explain why it happened but it was wild. This was over ten years ago and friend and I smoked in the parking lot of an amusement park before getting on the tram that takes you to the front gates. I went blind on the tram, and had to lean over to my friend and tell her that we had to stay on because I was blind. She was like, what? LOL.
Oh God that's funny! Like a scene in a comedy lol. Did you smoke it again after that? Same result?

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Lmao a stoned paranoid senior lady does not equate to a health problem

Or rather, even if you get so stoned you think you should go to the ER, you're actually ok and are just high.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Honestly, I'd panic too if I started tripping unexpectedly.
Yeah, it's completely fucked to dose someone against their will. It's also illegal. You can get hit with felony charges for it. I love edibles and have one almost every single evening, so I'm pretty relaxed towards them. I would never consider giving one to someone without giving them ample warning about what they were going to go through. Even when I'm sharing with friends who are regular smokers, I detail what sort of effects the batch has and how long it typically lasts.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
lol we took my dad after he got "surprised hit" by edibles and he thought he was having a heart attack. Edibles are fucking whack if you dont know what you're getting into (and worse if no one freaking tells you about it, so that was our major upset that night).

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Cannabis use can be a risky proposition for individuals with heart disease. It can cause huge spikes in blood pressure that can make people feel as if they're having a heart attack or stroke, which can also exacerbate anxieties and lead to panic attacks. This is why stories like this typically involve middle aged or elderly individuals being hospitalized after use. Hypertensive crisis is no joke and can result in damage to blood vessels and increase one's chance of stroke. Cannabis is perfectly fine for healthy individuals, but let's not dismiss the potential for horrific distress and serious health risks it poses for individuals with preexisting medical conditions like heart disease, which is incredibly common.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
The strongest visual hallucination I've ever had was on weed. My friends and I had had this batch before, and another friend smoked it with me during this time, but for whatever reason after I smoked it this one time with said friend I went blind for about two minutes, and then my vision came back but everything was black and purple and was vibrating (this lasted another minute or so.) I've never experienced anything like it before or after and I've had some of the world's strongest hallucinogens known to man. I can't explain why it happened but it was wild. This was over ten years ago and friend and I smoked in the parking lot of an amusement park before getting on the tram that takes you to the front gates. I went blind on the tram, and had to lean over to my friend and tell her that we had to stay on because I was blind. She was like, what? LOL.
Maybe you had a stroke?

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh the worst I've ever felt on any drug was having too much concentrated thc in a gummy or oil. I could literally smoke all day and never feel like I just woke up and police choppers were after me because I had done something terrible and couldn't remember lol I mea it wasn't all bad I fought this anthropomorphic version of my anxiety on my ceiling but still...it was too weird.

Im not sure if I have a problem with sativa? At least stores can help now whereas before legalization you were at whoever got the pot's mercy.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
My mom has high-blood pressure issues and my dad's parents had their first strokes in their 30s I think, so that's another reason I don't go by chronic the hemp-hog around here

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The day I overdid it with edibles was one of the worst times of my life.

First, automatic breathing stopped working. It just shut down. So I had to resort to breathing manually for like 3 hours. And sometimes I would forget to breathe and I remember thinking, "breathe ItIsOkBro, breathe or you're gonna die!" And each breathe was getting harder to take.

Second, my heart was beating so damn fast and irregularly. In fact I recall feeling my heartbeat every time I breathed, if that makes sense. I also remember thinking, "there's no way someone with a pre-existing heart condition could survive this."

Also, the slowed speech, feeling weak...yes, I do believe I fell over a few times. Actually, this particular article kind of strains believability that these doctors would not even consider that she was having a bad trip and are all shockedpikachu.jpg after she said she had edibles. Nothing here should be of any surprise to someone who's had or seen a bad experience.

I finally passed out against my will to a kaleidoscope of colors. Anywho, I'm not fear mongering, obviously I was gonna be fine regardless of what I was thinking, and most of this wasn't caused by the weed but the induced panic attack and anxiety as a result. Now I know my limits and stay within it.