ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
I can't think of any videogame companies that have had people murdered.

And if they did I sure as hell wouldn't be defending them.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Holy fuck Mohammed bin Salman just bought SNK? Wow. That's like, a step below Capcom being owned by Putin, or Bethesda selling their lions' share to Donald Trump.

Damn. I'm kind of beside myself.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Holy fuck Mohammed bin Salman just bought SNK? Wow. That's like, a step below Capcom being owned by Putin, or Bethesda selling their lions' share to Donald Trump.

Damn. I'm kind of beside myself.

Zenimax did have a Trump as one of their board members before he kicked the bucket. Fucking Donald Trump's little brother.

TheRealMjeed

Oct 30, 2017
So do you actually think its appropriate to express gratitude for a mass murderer like him enriching himself like this?

If you do actually think that it is really something to celebrate and be thankful about, then I don't know what to say.
Can I give you another perspective of this news? and what it means for Saudi people themselves and how much of an impact such investments might have on their future?
As a Saudi -and a gamer-, this is obviously a very exciting news for the sole purpose of the prospect and the impact of such investments on our future generations. As a Kid, gaming was -and still- is my biggest passion in life and I tried so hard to get into that industry through education but eventually I faced the harsh reality of not being able to support myself or my family by going into a sector that's basically non existent in Saudi workforce.. someone said "Choose a major you love and you'll never work a day in your life because that field probably isn't hiring." And that's videogame industry in Saudi Arabia period 🤣
I'm just thrilled that my younger nieces and nephews and other muslims in the region as well will finally have a chance to pursue their dreams and passion while not being forced into a field they don't like in order to support themselves.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Can I give you another perspective of this news? and what it means for Saudi people themselves and how much of an impact such investments might have on their future?
As a Saudi -and a gamer-, this is obviously a very exciting news for the sole purpose of the prospect and the impact of such investments on our future generations. As a Kid, gaming was -and still- is my biggest passion in life and I tried so hard to get into that industry through education but eventually I faced the harsh reality of not being able to support myself or my family by going into a sector that's basically non existent in Saudi workforce.. someone said "Choose a major you love and you'll never work a day in your life because that field probably isn't hiring." And that's videogame industry in Saudi Arabia period 🤣
I'm just thrilled that my younger nieces and nephews and other muslims in the region as well will finally have a chance to pursue their dreams and passion while not being forced into a field they don't like in order to support themselves.

I hope you understand that it is not the Saudi part that I am having a trouble with. It's strictly about the guy who is a mass murderer psychopath benefitting from this.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
Hahahahah.... SNK now funded by one of the biggest financiers of religious terrorism in the world. Good stuff.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

This would have been more unanimously positive if the Saudi Prince wasn't involved. Nobody is against the potential opportunities that this acquisition provides for developers in the Middle East.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Did we jump into some alternate reality or what in 2020? This year just keeps getting weirder and weirder as we get close to the end.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Did we jump into some alternate reality or what in 2020? This year just keeps getting weirder and weirder as we get close to the end.
I mean its not really that weird, corporate does corporate thing and also mega billionaire thing.. and this crown prince may not even know every investment made everyday.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
While the source is another Non-English link, apparently they're buying MORE then originally reported

This went from TERRIBLE to Okay that's not QUITE as bad to, yeah that's TERRIBLE if this turns out to be true.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Let me just link an unrelated thread here.

www.resetera.com

FUUUUUK

I've recently discovered something. In the Sega Master System port of Space Harrier, completing the game rolls the credits. There, you'll be introduced to the game's staff and of course, it's famous art director: ...oh. I've done basic research online but I have no idea, how or why this is...

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
So will threads about SNK Games will come with the obligatory explanations about their new shareholders?

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Have we banned discussions of any company's games wholesale before? Because this might be the most terrible owner in the history of gaming.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense though. The gaming industry is a rising and profitable market, everyone wants a part of the pie.

I can see even more investors buying stakes from companies in the coming decade.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
To say I feel conflicted is an understatement. I've probably been known around here as an avid SNK supporter which I can't help but root for since they keep going bankrupt and coming back against all odds multiple times over along with being a huge fan of the KOF series.

I stopped watching/supporting WWE partly because of the Saudi Blood Money shows and now this happens. And this is out of the hands of the SNK Dev/community staff themselves. Man...

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't Spider-man belongs to Disney? Unfortunately he also owns part of it
Damn, that sucks. As for Spider-man, I was thinking the game was all Sony, the comics all Disney, and film rights are Sony with a special deal with Disney for the MCU. I believe Sony has had the media rights for games and film since before Disney bought Marvel. I don't think Disney is making money from the game, but I'm not entirely sure how it works in that case. Not my area of expertise lol.