• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
The dad is fundamentally incorrect here, but I'm willing to chalk that up to his response to a traumatic event.

He shouldn't be given a platform to spread misinformation, but that's on the media, not him. He's a guy whose son did something monstrous and he's trying to wrap his head around that. I cannot imagine how hard that is, and I don't blame him for failing.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Yo, I'd be hoping any of my 3 children met the death penalty if they committed a massacre at a school. At that point they are no longer my innocent flesh and blood, they are broken monsters that need to be prevented from ever having the ability to harm anyone ever again.

10 families have been completely destroyed by this kid. He's a monster with no humanity.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Eye roll. What an irresponsible idiot. He should be charged with negligent storage of a deadly weapon or something.

No, bruh, your kid is a murderer. Period.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
Eye roll. What an irresponsible idiot. He should be charged with negligent storage of a deadly weapon or something.

No, bruh, your kid is a murderer. Period.
all these parents that leave guns out that kids use for massacres need to be charged as well. i know the NRA will never allow this but people need to start pushing for these laws. if parents can be charged for their kids being truant then why not also charge them when they carelessly leave killing tools out in the open for their kids to access and use.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
I can completely understand where the bullshit he's spewing, comes from. Man, as a parent myself, that love will have you twist and turn in knots.

He's still an unfortunate asshole though. His son too. And after situations like this, you revoke your right to own a single firearm. Why that doesn't actually happen *sigh* are due to the kind of reasons that sometimes makes me wish I didn't live in the US.

Oct 30, 2017
This was all just another example how a firearm in the home is more likely to do harm than to protect.

The only use the Dads firearm ever had was for killing. Doubt it ever saved any lives.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The dad is fundamentally incorrect here, but I'm willing to chalk that up to his response to a traumatic event.

He shouldn't be given a platform to spread misinformation, but that's on the media, not him. He's a guy whose son did something monstrous and he's trying to wrap his head around that. I cannot imagine how hard that is, and I don't blame him for failing.

Nah it's on him too.

My son is a victim, my son spared the good kids is unconscionable

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, the father's post would have been misguided-but-understandable...if he didn't go so far as to blame the victims his son murdered and imply they weren't the good ones.

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
Can't blame the guy trying to find a way to not make his son a cold blooded murderer. That must be hard to cope with this kind of situation in a rational way.

"It is like we see in the movies when someone gets into his body and does things that are not done. It's not possible in one day for the child to have changed so much."

And then he goes on to say that the good kids were spared.

I can 100% blame him.

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
I mean.

He implied that shooting up a school was in response to one singular event that happened the day before.

He also implies that a reasonable theory is that his son was possessed.

This is more than "he was doing well until he mispoke".

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They have tried so damn hard to turn this asshole into someone sympathetic. The media are real shitheads in this one. From the Bullying stories to framing articles suggesting the girl who would not date him caused this.

They completely ignore he wore Nazi paraphernalia and other totalitarianism symbols. Something must have happened this week to cause it? Then explain the Born To Kill shirts etc. Kid was fucked up long before this and his Father should be facing accessory to murder charges for the weapons used.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
all these parents that leave guns out that kids use for massacres need to be charged as well. i know the NRA will never allow this but people need to start pushing for these laws. if parents can be charged for their kids being truant then why not also charge them when they carelessly leave killing tools out in the open for their kids to access and use.

The fact that the NRA and their stranglehold on government is why children are literally being murdered in their classrooms fills me with such a rage I can't prop express it in words. It's just infuriating. There is no line that can't be crossed of it gets in the way of their profits and control. It's disgusting.

Fubuki

Jan 1, 2018
But we just put both of them behind the bar and be done with it? Both are mass murderer with blood on their hands.

Chicken Wing

Banned
Apr 17, 2018
Oh man, I'm going to not read this and just hope he means his son was bullied, but while that is a terrible thing it doesn't justify his son's actions. That's totally what this man is saying, surely.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This guy is a piece of garbage.
I hope his terrorist son rots.

Last edited: