• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm. Well, that's one way to expand the roster. I find it amusing that Katsuyori's character model appears to be no different whatsoever from how it was in Spirit of Sanada.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Dosan Saito finally gets to be playable and he doesn't even get equal billing with the main cast. Oof.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Koei Tecmo has posted what they're calling the final trailer for the game:

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
So now that this game is out in Japan is this a situation where if I bought this game digitally on Xbox and set my console region to Japan (I live in the US) the game would unlock for me to play? Doing this worked for the Ninja Gaiden Collection though I set my region to New Zealand the day before the US launch to play that collection early.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So now that this game is out in Japan is this a situation where if I bought this game digitally on Xbox and set my console region to Japan (I live in the US) the game would unlock for me to play? Doing this worked for the Ninja Gaiden Collection though I set my region to New Zealand the day before the US launch to play that collection early.
YMMV across platforms, but I was wondering about the exact same thing last week-end, and I noticed Asian PSN stores have 2 versions listed : a Chinese language one that's already on sale, and an English language version that's available for preorder.
I inferred from that that each version had its own language, but maybe I'm wrong.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
YMMV across platforms, but I was wondering about the exact same thing last week-end, and I noticed Asian PSN stores have 2 versions listed : a Chinese language one that's already on sale, and an English language version that's available for preorder.
I inferred from that that each version had its own language, but maybe I'm wrong.

Well the extra layer there is that Xbox often works differently from PlayStation with that stuff. For example when I played the Ninja Gaiden Collection, Mass Effect LE, and the RE8 demo early on my Series X I didn't need to make a separate account for me to play that stuff early. I bought the games from the US Xbox store via my US Xbox account, then I just switched the location of my console in the system settings to New Zealand and that stuff all unlocked to play. Then when that stuff launched in the US I just switched the location of my console back to US. With PlayStation that stuff works very differently.

On PlayStation you can play digital games from other regions but you can only acquire them via corresponding PSN accounts. For example, the day before its launch for the Mass Effect LE you couldn't buy that game digitally via a US PSN account, then log into a New Zealand PSN account and suddenly be able to play that US copy of MELE you just bought.

Basically on Xbox I'm pretty sure it's all dependent on how Koei Tecmo set things up on the backend. Is Sengoku Musou 5 recognized as the same thing as Samurai Warriors 5 in the backend? Because if it is recognized in that way then I bet buying a US digital copy and then changing the location of my console to Japan will probably unlock the game for me to play now. I might just buy a copy on Xbox to find out and report back, I just wasn't originally planning to preorder this game as I rarely do that at this point.