DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Domion wrapped its shoot a few weeks back, but it's not coming til 2022 now. Anyhow — No big spoilers, unless you would rather learn it from a trailer roughly a year from now, probably — all the same, I kept it out of the title.

Giganotosaurus - a real Dino, not a hybrid.

I can't find the original source of the interview, so if anybody has that video please share it this way (I discovered it by a direct video file shared over social media platforms). Anyhow, bring on that animatronic.

Last edited:

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
I remember first reading about this dino back in the JP field guide when JP3 came out. Glad its finally making it's first film appearance!

dca83b32bd3c68f91aacc5220baf3ab1.png

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I figured Dominion would finally unveil the most dangerous dinosaur of all.

Man

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
An actual real dinosaur? Where's the genetic abominations you can't cop out now, we can go farther

Pretty sure this was one of the more tightly requested Dinos for the movies so this is good

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
Anyone who thinks this name is uncreative should go look up how radio astronomers name their telescopes.

Anyway, love the fact that we're back to real dinosaurs now. The I-rex from JW was an appropriate idea to explore in a single story, but real dinos will always be more fun.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Lol, Warpath: Jurassic Park at the end. I looked at that PS1 case so many times in stores as a kid but never got it.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I loved Jurassic Park as much as the next 90's or 2000's kid, but I kind of wish they'd stop doing them. They've been getting progressively worse, despite paradoxically having larger budgets. Pretty soon it's going to be The Rock and Bruce Willis punching a dinosaur in the face in a thumbnail to a straight to Netflix sequel.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
They should just do, like, a megaspider for the next one. Now that would be cool.

Jun 18, 2020
Going with the Dino Crisis 2 route, I see. I remember the Giga was the only dino I was scared of in DC2, unlike the first game which just scared the crap out of me in general.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
stepping back down from fake superevildinos is neat but it's funny that it puts us right back at jp3 levels of "hey here's a list of theropods bigger than a t. rex. put one of those in"

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know whether to be happy or disappointing that we're not getting super dinosaurs and just back to real dumb dinosaurs
I guess it's better than Freddy Krueger Raptor

23qwerty

Oct 27, 2017
I loved Jurassic Park as much as the next 90's or 2000's kid, but I kind of wish they'd stop doing them. They've been getting progressively worse, despite paradoxically having larger budgets. Pretty soon it's going to be The Rock and Bruce Willis punching a dinosaur in the face in a thumbnail to a straight to Netflix sequel.
Honestly Jurassic World was decent, but man was the sequel to that bad.

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
Yeah, JW and JP3 are basically on the same tier of dumb. I think JP3 had a bit more character, whereas JW was obviously a committee-designed "let's open this franchise back up" project, but both are perfectly fine as popcorn entertainment.

Admittedly, I haven't seen Fallen Kingdom (not gonna pay money, I'll wait until it's on streaming somewhere), but everything I've read about it makes it sound insultingly dumb instead.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, JW and JP3 are basically on the same tier of dumb. I think JP3 had a bit more character, whereas JW was obviously a committee-designed "let's open this franchise back up" project, but both are perfectly fine as popcorn entertainment.

Admittedly, I haven't seen Fallen Kingdom (not gonna pay money, I'll wait until it's on streaming somewhere), but everything I've read about it makes it sound insultingly dumb instead.

Correct. The first half is decent, the middle is questionable, the last 10 minutes maddening. Just a series of why on earth would you do this.

Going in with super low expectations when you do finally see it can only help

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I remember the days when I got excited about anything related to the Jurassic universe. I wish somehow it could go back to its roots. Not a reboot necessarily, just a smaller thriller/horror/adventure film without ridiculous constant loud obnoxious CG spectacle every second. It's nice to dream.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
stepping back down from fake superevildinos is neat but it's funny that it puts us right back at jp3 levels of "hey here's a list of theropods bigger than a t. rex. put one of those in"
Its not even considered bigger anymore either. They figure it was probably similar in size to the Rex but not as heavy and with much weaker jaws. But yeah its another of the types people are obsessed with because people get tired of the Rex

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Surprised they didn't go with smart raptors becoming too smart and taking over the island and it becoming Planet of the Deinonychus'

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Are the ball cars only born on the island?
Also that's not an official concept art.
Would be weird to find them off the island is all. Cus unless they raid a warehouse of spare Jurassic world stuff...it would be weird. But it not being official art makes more sense.

Eulala

Aug 8, 2018
The big takeaway in that video is that Sam Neill was in a movie called "Rams" released sheepishly this year with one of the GOAT movie posters of all time.

Oct 27, 2017
i legit hate the world series

the last movie with the dinosaurs running around a mansion made me soooo stupidly angry. my date loved it, we saw it in the theatre. awkward night.