• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Sales of "The Medium" reached levels that covered the production and marketing costs of the game, producer Bloober Team reported. The game debuted on the market on Thursday, January 28 this year.

"According to the issuer's estimates, the sales of the game 'The Medium' have reached a level that covered the costs of production and marketing of the game" - the release reads.
www.money.pl

Bloober Team: Sprzedaż gry 'The Medium' pokryła koszty produkcji i marketingu

Sprzedaż gry "The Medium" osiągnęła poziom, który pokrył koszty produkcji i marketingu gry, podał producent - Bloober Team. Gra zadebiutowała na rynku w czwartek, 28 stycznia br.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I am really happy.

Even when the game may have add its flaws, it is clear theres a lot of passion into it and it is original in its conception. I am intrigued by its story and wanna keep playing. You should follow suit guys.

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to the team! Idk if ill ever play it but its always good to hear a team get a hit under their belt! And clearly people are enjoying the game. Can only be up from here for them.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The soundtrack is consistently good. I'm also enjoying the voice work. Environment designs are stealing the show.

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
When they say "sales" do they mean individual purchases outside of Gamepass? I would assume they are connected but apparently games sell really well when they are featured on Gamepass because it gets the word out to folks without the subscription too

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
No interest in the game personally (horror ain't for me), but I'm happy any time a small-ish studio doing something new in a niche genre has the financial success to keep doing what they do.

Congrats Bloober. Reviews for the game are all over the place, but it seems like it resonated with a particular cross-section of people.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to hear!

I enjoyed the game and can't wait to see what the devs do next.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
I've enjoyed my time with it so far. It definitely deserves some success and hopefully Bloober can continue to grow and improve.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Congrats to the dev, not my cup of tea but folks are really enjoying the game.

and ffs some people really need to be toxic every single thread jesus christ

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Glad for them. I've played a few hours so far and I'm enjoying it a lot. The game is stunning at time.

Nov 24, 2017
Well yes, this is why games do not need to hit $70 to make a profit. The only thing they did was sell the need for a higher profit margin, and some of you actually bought it.
Whenever a dev or rep from a publisher would talk about games needing a price increase i would challenge them to show the proof and let others like me who have a MBA or other graduate level degrees in business go over the numbers.
Of course...silence.

A good game = sales
A bad game = ok to bad sales

Well done, again showing its the quality of the game and not marketing a price increase and having people buy into that argument who do not have a business background.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I can easily say this is the beat Bloober game! Don't skip on this game if you were a fan of older Silent Hill or Shadow of memories type of games.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
The Medium was a low quailty game for me on todays standards, but I see some potential for this studio. Good news.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Well yes, this is why games do not need to hit $70 to make a profit. The only thing they did was sell the need for a higher profit margin, and some of you actually bought it.
Whenever a dev or rep from a publisher would talk about games needing a price increase i would challenge them to show the proof and let others like me who have a MBA or other graduate level degrees in business go over the numbers.
Of course...silence.

A good game = sales
A bad game = ok to bad sales

Well done, again showing its the quality of the game and not marketing a price increase and having people buy into that argument who do not have a business background.

You sound like a crazy person

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
It's such a great game. I enjoyed the whole experience. I'm glad it's successful.

Joo

May 25, 2018
but I thought Gamepass was destroying the industry?
I see Game Pass keeps killing software sales like many on this forum prophesied.
Could you both please stop derailing this thread from the start? You yourself are the only ones now steering the conversation towards toxicity.

I'm glad that the game did well. Definitely looks innovative. Of course Game Pass isn't going to take away the sales. There's millions and millions of PC and Xbox gamers that aren't subscribing.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Good for them. It's not an AAA type game and that is ok. I've played some hours of it in GP. I don't normally rock with horror type games, but it's not bad. Has some great atmosphere and music.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Gongrats to them.

Beat it last night and I thought the game was pretty darn good. The story and voice acting were superb. Hope they do a sequel as the potential is there if they fine tune a few things.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Happy for them. About 4 hours in and looking forward to finishing it. I like the focus on atmosphere instead of jump scares
(it's interesting when things being so fucked up in the spirit world is "normal" to the protagonist).
Very immersive with headphones on and the volume cranked. Superb environments (both real world and spirit world).