• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
EER1dbSWwAAHaD3

We all know this is what we want.

Please

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The photo of the Day is Phoenix Wright about to use The Thinker as counter evidence to object to Miles Edgeoworth's objection.

A_Ageli

Oct 24, 2019
I would personally love it to be Kiryu from the Yakuza games. Been binging them in the last few weeks and become obsessed. I think the DLC writes itself. Kamurocho as a stage, cycling between areas (outside Serena, base of Millenium Tower, Purgatory and its Coliseum etc), his moveset could incorporate the fighting styles, heat actions with equipment lying about could be the gimmick, final smash could be some epic finisher move incorporating 'feel the heat' in there too. Have characters shouting in the background (Majima, of course). And the music would be absolutely fantastic, so many epic themes they could use.

It's highly unlikely of course but it's my dream pick (other than Raiden from Metal Gear) to make the cut before we're finished up with Ultimate, as a rep of such a popular Japanese franchise.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
You can tell who hasn't played a Devil May Cry or MvC game if they say Dante would be uninteresting or just another sword character lol

He's not my preferred choice for the last character, but you got to be out of your mind if you think he wouldn't bring anything interesting to the table.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
He said Sora was not planned for Smash and he also said he didn't know people wanted Sora for Smash, however in September 2018, almost a before this tweet he replayed to the #Sora4Smash movement stating he wanted Sora for Smash, so he knew.
Either way, I can only hope - problem is, Sora is owned by Disney

Oct 27, 2017
No matter what happens, people will be disappointed :)
I mean not everyone gets to be a winner. I just hope no one gets too vitriolic.

For my part I've been pretty steadfast in arguing that Dante probably has the best chance of any single character, but I'd be very happy with most of the characters people have mentioned, especially Sora Phoenix and Travis. As an aspiring competitive player I also have to look at characters as a set of functions, so at the end of the day how they play is more important to me than who they are.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
I would personally love it to be Kiryu from the Yakuza games. Been binging them in the last few weeks and become obsessed. I think the DLC writes itself. Kamurocho as a stage, cycling between areas (outside Serena, base of Millenium Tower, Purgatory and its Coliseum etc), his moveset could incorporate the fighting styles, heat actions with equipment lying about could be the gimmick, final smash could be some epic finisher move incorporating 'feel the heat' in there too. Have characters shouting in the background (Majima, of course). And the music would be absolutely fantastic, so many epic themes they could use.

It's highly unlikely of course but it's my dream pick (other than Raiden from Metal Gear) to make the cut before we're finished up with Ultimate, as a rep of such a popular Japanese franchise.
I would be so hyped if it was Kiryu. Sadly, it's not very likely.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
You can tell who hasn't played a Devil May Cry or MvC game if they say Dante would be uninteresting or just another sword character lol

He's not my preferred choice for the last character, but you got to be out of your mind if you think he wouldn't bring anything interesting to the table.
Yeah. He'd be a fun character, and he is a fun personality.
I just personality have other choices for not only the final slot but also for any potential, non-dream Capcom adds (Ammy, Morrigan, Phoenix, MonHun, Jill, Chun-Li).
To pretend he'd be boring to play is just uh... plain ignorance.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
If Dante is somehow boring to play in Smash then it's only due to the limitation of Sakurai and his team.

Thats why I'm certain that won't happen.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the fact that it hasn't leaked yet means it'll be a Nintendo character. No 3rd party involvement allows them to keep it closer to the vest

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
If Dante is somehow boring to play in Smash then it's only due to the limitation of Sakurai and his team.

Thats why I'm certain that won't happen.

It'd also be very surprising, they've done a good job of nailing the playstyle for the newer DLC characters to match the series they come from, even down to the RNG elements of Dragon Quest being incorporated into Hero.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I'll take any character that Sakurai thinks it deserves to be in the game, but Sora is maybe the one that will be more disappointing for me. It's not only that I never finished a KH game (played half of KH 1 and 2 hours or so of KH II), it's that I find Sora one of the most hideous designs ever. It's anime design taken to the wrong extreme, and I can't stand it.

Dante will be fine, not that hyped about him as we have Bayonetta in the game that represents the same creator, gamestyle and cocky attitude.

Geno is another one I simply don't want, I like Super Mario RPG but Geno is not even a good character in the game, there's dozes of better JRPG characters and it seems a meme at this point. With all that said, I think is the one that has a better chance of the three, there's no way Nintendo didn't reveal Sora/Dante during TGA, tomorrow it will be something smaller, and Geno outside of the Smash community is not big at all.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I'll take any character that Sakurai thinks it deserves to be in the game, but Sora is maybe the one that will be more disappointing for me. It's not only that I never finished a KH game (played half of KH 1 and 2 hours or so of KH II), it's that I find Sora one of the most hideous designs ever. It's anime design taken to the wrong extreme, and I can't stand it.

Dante will be fine, not that hyped about him as we have Bayonetta in the game that represents the same creator, gamestyle and cocky attitude.

Geno is another one I simply don't want, I like Super Mario RPG but Geno is not even a good character in the game, there's dozes of better JRPG characters and it seems a meme at this point. With all that said, I think is the one that has a better chance of the three, there's no way Nintendo didn't reveal Sora/Dante during TGA, tomorrow it will be something smaller, and Geno outside of the Smash community is not big at all.

sora would be the absolute worst choice

It's okay to have opinions even when they are wrong :)

Status
Not open for further replies.