• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Only if it supports cross play/cross progression and therfore is playable on all current community servers, otherwise I have zero interest.

OP
OP
darfox8

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA
Is this game good? Never really looked into it and typically only play on console
It's at a very good feature-rich point. But it's very barebones on the objectives by design. It's supposed to be a social game where 70% of the game is you interacting with other players. That usually means killing each other. But I'm curious if the console crowd will be more care bears about it.

So there's a lot of great stuff in it but it has the reputation for being the most unforgiving game for a reason.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What is Rust...? Trailer makes it look like a violent, post-apocalyptic reboot of Back to the Future.

OP
OP
darfox8

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA
What is Rust...? Trailer makes it look like a violent, post-apocalyptic reboot of Back to the Future.
It's a multiplayer-focused survival game.

This is a good jokey video explaining Rust.
youtu.be

What is Rust?

Don't know what Rust is? This 2 minute video explains itJoin the win squad! https://www.patreon.com/misterflakDiscord: http://www.discord.gg/misterflakTwitte...

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Anyone here got the key ? I'm really curious to try it on the PS5. Despite the game being development for the PS4.
I believe Rust will be a huge success on consoles, if the version runs good enough. ofc

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
That's awful I love it

The best part is raiding a base while the single occupant online frantically tries to wake up their crew lol.

And then there's logging in and immediately realizing someone broke into your meticulously crafted fortress, killed you, and stole all the gear and resources you spent dozens of hours collecting.

There's a lot of rage-quitting in this game lol

Serpico99

Oct 29, 2017
NYC

I'm curious how the fps is on PS5. I want to convince my friends to get in on this. We are naturally toxic on Fortnite/Rocket League and this would allow us to truly bloom.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
More codes sent out.
anyone got a spare one? I would very much appreciate it

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

I'm curious how the fps is on PS5. I want to convince my friends to get in on this. We are naturally toxic on Fortnite/Rocket League and this would allow us to truly bloom.

It doesn't feel like I get any FPS dips on PS5. My girlfriend is playing on a PS4 next to me and the performance difference is significant, I would say. Hers seems a lot more choppy and whatnot.

Is there a more recent thread for this? Is the beta under NDA or can we speak about it openly?

I've never played Rust before but I'm playing it on PS5 and having a good time. It's the PS4 version of the game though, obviously.

Serpico99

Oct 29, 2017
NYC
It doesn't feel like I get any FPS dips on PS5. My girlfriend is playing on a PS4 next to me and the performance difference is significant, I would say. Hers seems a lot more choppy and whatnot.

Is there a more recent thread for this? Is the beta under NDA or can we speak about it openly?

I've never played Rust before but I'm playing it on PS5 and having a good time. It's the PS4 version of the game though, obviously.

Lucky, I signed up for the beta but never got an email. I believe we can't post videos of it. I imagine IGN get the nod.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018

Works flawless and smoothly on the pro.
I'm playing on the PS5 and i don't see major differences other than a few crashes and sometimes control issues when swimming.

Game is blast

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
This game is why most gamers developed trust issues. There where a couple of youtubers that made Rust episodes and content, those where funny as hell.

Serpico99

Oct 29, 2017
NYC
Damn this beta is buggy as hell. I really hope things get ironed out before release. Trees become unfarmable and you can walk right through them.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

Rust Console Edition | Review Thread

Metacritic (PS4) (66) Metacritic (XB1) (64) OpenCritic (67) GamingBolt (8/10, video): PlayStation Universe (8/10): Just Push Start (7.5/10): God is a Geek (7/10): COGconnected (65/100): Attack of the Fanboy (3/5): Screen Rant (3/5): GameSkinny (6/10): Gamereactor (6/10)...