Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I went outside today and saw some z-marked cars in front of the city council but no soldiers, two days ago they were patrolling the city, feels like for now they are disinterested in asserting their control, the city is quiet
Stay safe my friend.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Zelensky is holding a press conference right now, he's demanding a no-fly zone or jets to Ukraine defend themselves.
The no-fly zone won't happen. Figuring out a way to have some Mig-29s transferred to Ukraine or more drones, however, should happen.
I'm sure countries don't want to give up their older planes and wait for newer ones, but there must be some creative solution there. Getting them from point A to point B could be as simple as having Ukrainian pilots cross the border by car and then fly back in the planes as that would mean no NATO pilots flying into Ukraine.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017

An independent news network from Russia shut down their emissions temporarily and in the mean time they are airing... Swan Lake. Quite the message, if you know history.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Transnistria only exists because of Russia. They receive weapons, manpower and cash. But I don't think they can expect much help from Moscow in the near future, Putin has bigger problems now.

I've been wondering about this actually. If Russia keeps doubling down and commits more than they can afford towards a hopeless invasion, when do places like Georgia and Moldava see it as an opportunity to break away themselves?

Oct 25, 2017
WTF, that real? Is that Russia trying to hide bodies or is it something other countries have?
It would bad for them with plane after plane after plane of
RTXML49-768x464.jpg

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I live near a Russian Museum of Art. Drove by. They have a giant Ukranian flag hanging over the entire building (Minneapolis)

jf308b3gmsk81.jpg

Oct 29, 2017

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I see #IStandWithPutin trending on Twitter with currently 144,000 posts. Must be Russian hackers and bots or a very stupid individual starting this? Though tons of people are using it to express their disgust, too.

A lot of Indian people, well, let's hope bots or their spam farms for hire:

FM7DZlrX0AI0YdA

Either way, pretty embarassing.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I went outside today and saw some z-marked cars in front of the city council but no soldiers, two days ago they were patrolling the city, feels like for now they are disinterested in asserting their control, the city is quiet

My heart is with you. I know that doesn't help. :(

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
The no-fly zone won't happen. Figuring out a way to have some Mig-29s transferred to Ukraine or more drones, however, should happen.
I'm sure countries don't want to give up their older planes and wait for newer ones, but there must be some creative solution there. Getting them from point A to point B could be as simple as having Ukrainian pilots cross the border by car and then fly back in the planes as that would mean no NATO pilots flying into Ukraine.

Yeah, I don't understand the holdup on the MiGs. It can't be that much of an ordeal to get some Ukrainian pilots into Poland to fly them back over.

No fucking way is Kharkiv going to be a subject of any negotiations unless they can at least take it.

Referendum on Donbas is a ludicrous idea, since overwhelming majority of the pro-Ukrainian population has been forced to flee. You'd need to round up everyone who can prove they were a Donbas resident in 2014 in order to give this any semblance of legitimacy.

Crimea is... complicated. They've moved several hundred thousand Russians from the mainland during the occupation. And they don't have a lot of access to alternative information.
In addition, they are repressing Tatars, who are quite literally the majority of the "native" population of the peninsula.

Ionno. Joint admin by UA/RU/TUR (Turkey is home to the majority of Crimean Tatar population in the world when they fled there after the initial annexation in 1750s). Keep Sevastopol as DMZ. I can see that as compromise. EDIT: but that depends on how much troops they have left by the time these off-ramps are being discussed.

You're right, I didn't think of the effective depeopling of the region. You'd have to delay the vote for like three years, and let anyone who could establish residency in 2014 vote remotely or something, and I have no idea how clean those paper trails would be.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW

An independent news network from Russia shut down their emissions temporarily and in the mean time they are airing... Swan Lake. Quite the message, if you know history.

youtu.be

How the USSR Collapsed on Soviet TV

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ordinarythingsTwitter: https://twitter.com/ordinarytingsWhy did the USSR Fall apart? And what was showing on television when...

This is a pretty good watch if anyone hasn't seen it

Not well informed on ballet or opera what is the significance?
State TV has played it on a loop in times of social unrest before

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
looks like putin is giving another angry speech

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

about what, I couldn't tell you

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What happened with the Mig jets Poland was giving them? All I read was the deal didn't go through at the last minute

I recall seeing somewhere that Israel had a say in this and blocked it. Can't confirm tho- maybe some of the tech in those MiGs is Israeli?
A couple of the osint guys said they had personally confirmed some were delivered to Ukraine already but you would have to take their word on it. Perhaps no country wants to publically admit it.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
Skynews with translation of Putin speech

www.youtube.com

Watch Sky News live

Watch Sky News live: Rescuers are working against the clock to free hundreds of people thought to be trapped under rubble in Turkey and Syria; Joe Biden has ...

Oct 30, 2017
At first blush this seems insane and absurd (sure let's send the people against the war over to the enemy where they might maybe, possibly, desert from war they were already against) but thinking more, seems like a really convenient way to disappear protestors as causalities of war

Honestly, I've been wondering if the war itself may have been a convenient way to do this with a lot of Russia's younger folks to begin with.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
If anyone wants a bit more insight into the closure of TV Rain, this article is good reading, although it may be paywalled: https://www.newyorker.com/news/dispatch/russia-blocks-its-last-independent-television-channel

Shortly after one in the morning, Kseniya Mironova, a twenty-three-year-old correspondent, whose fiancé, the journalist Ivan Safronov, has been in jail since July, 2020, made an announcement. "I want to say that this was the worst year and a half of my life, and the best. I don't know what I would have done without all of you." If something were to happen to her in the coming days, she had some requests. Would people look after her mother? And if the police came for her mother—Russian police have been known to detain parents and siblings of activists—then would people please feed the cats? "I love you all very much," she said. Many people cried, even as several people filmed the scene.