• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like until people start trying to murder Rush, wishing for his death is strictly theoretical. I'll start taking the ethical ramifications of wishing for someone's death seriously when doing so has any material effect on the world.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Again, how do you feel about slaves actively killing their slave masters? Don't slave masters have a right to life too? Are the slaves just as bad, if not worse?

The Haitian revolutionaries should have obviously debated the French colonialists in the marketplace of ideas.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
It is jarring and disturbing to see people in this thread literally wishing for the death of others. I fear we are turning into that which we used to hate.

www.huffingtonpost.ca

Rush Limbaugh Said WHAT About Robin Williams?!?

Rush Limbaugh Said WHAT About Robin Williams?!?

Rush Limbaugh seems to think he knows why Robin Williams died in an apparent suicide earlier this week -- and it's because unhappiness is an attitude of the political left.
The leftist attitude is "one of pessimism and darkness, sadness -- they're never happy, are they?" Limbaugh said on Tuesday's broadcast of his radio show. "They're always angry about something. No matter what they get, they're always angry."

fuck rush limbaugh

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I feel like until people start trying to murder Rush, wishing for his death is strictly theoretical. I'll start taking the ethical ramifications of wishing for someone's death seriously when doing so has any material effect on the world.
Yup. Specifically, I theoretically hope he suffers and dies in absolute horror of the end rushing toward him.

ZAKU-RED

Oct 27, 2017
I remember back in 2003 when the Dixie Chicks Heavily criticized George W. Bush, Rush proceeded to call them the "Dixie Sluts" for speaking out against Bush and the imminent invasion of Iraq.

I was only in 6th grade at the time living in California, but even I knew at the time that Rush was a pile of shit of a person.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
It is jarring and disturbing to see people in this thread literally wishing for the death of others. I fear we are turning into that which we used to hate.
The man is pure concentrated evil. If he'd died 30 years ago the world would literally be a better place. He deserves to die and I hope he burns in hell.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My dad is a life-long listener and thus, I was too at one point. Only by the grace of Gaf (and continuing here on Era) did I escape that poisonous wasteland of hate.

He has done untold amounts of damage.
Similar story here. Definitely was brought up in a very conservative household. Dad listens to Glenn beck and Rush. Its thanks to a lot of exposure to left wing ideals on the internet that I was able to realize how harmful all of that garbage is and was.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You'd think a terminal illness would give him clarity and self-reflection.
Instead he triple-downs on the crazy.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
You'd think a terminal illness would give him clarity and self-reflection.
Instead he triple-downs on the crazy.

What's there to reflect on? He made a shitton of money and became one of the most beloved political commentators of a generation. Dying wouldn't change his career of owning the libs.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
Why is it that whenever an objectively horrible human nears the end of their life and has death wished on them, there are like 3 people who begin fainting at the notion that it is, perhaps, good that they're on the way out? Rush is a shitty person who radicalized millions of Americans into believing a false reality, often at their own peril and loss, and made millions off them. Fuck that guy.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah dude..Rush has done considerable harm to American Democracy with his spreading of lies and demonization of all things liberal. His death will mean that there's one less conman cheerleading the GOP and their dismantling of rights for anyone not rich and white.
The day he dies I'm gonna celebrate like it's my birthday.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He was partly responsible for brainwashing my liberal leaning dad. The man who got me into politics and introduced me to volunteering for Dem campaigns.

Fuck this pig piece of shit. Hope to god it is his last show. This waste of space doesn't deserve sympathy

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm all on the fuck cancer train but honestly I wouldn't wish Rush Limbaugh on anyone. That poor, poor tumor.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
"I worry about people who carry that kind of hate in their hearts it can't be healthy" just the dumbest fucking sentiment, as if we're all vexed every hour of the day with seething hatred for this wretched pile of shit and not just talking about him because he popped up in the news. "I wish I could focus on this video game but RRRHHHGHG RUSH LIMBAUGH!!"

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Over the last 10 years, I've been on speaking terms with my father for only two of them. Almost entirely due to the effects of this man's hateful speech. I miss my dad so much, and what we could have had.

Glad Rush'll be off the air I suppose, but the damage is done.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
From Dalek

Rush on nicotine:
"There is no conclusive proof that nicotine's addictive... And the same thing with cigarettes causing emphysema, lung cancer, heart disease."

Rush on the genocide of American Indians:
"Columbus saved the Indians from themselves."

Rush on Michael J Fox having parkinsons disease:
"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."

Rush on African Americans voting:
"[African Americans] are twelve percent of the population. Who the hell cares?"

Rush on the NFL:
"Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

Rush on global warming:
"If you believe in God, then intellectually you cannot believe in man-made global warming."

Rush on global warming 2:
"Global warming relies on the theory that we are destroying ecosystems. There is no evidence that we could destroy ecosystems."

Rush on global warming 3:
"For years I've pointed out that global warming is bogus."

Rush on feeding poor children in public school:
"If you feed them, if you feed the children, three square meals a day during the school year, how can you expect them to feed themselves in the summer? Wanton little waifs and serfs dependent on the State. Pure and simple."

Rush on a 13 year old girl:
"Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is also a White House dog?" (Rush Limbaugh, while holding up a photograph of 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton)

Rush on excercise:
"Exercise freaks … are the ones putting stress on the health care system."

Rush on feminism:
"Feminism has led women astray. I love the women's movement — especially when walking behind it."

Rush on LGBT:
"When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it's an invitation."

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
From Dalek

Rush on nicotine:

Rush on the NFL:

Rush on global warming:

Rush on excercise:

Rush on feminism:

Rush on LGBT:

"BuT wHy Is ErA wIsHiNg DeAtH oN tHiS bEaUtIfUl MaN?"

Laurentius

Apr 18, 2018
My dad was big on listening to conservative radio when I was growing up, so I've heard a ton from this man, and the rest.

Fuck them all.

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019
I hope Rush suffers with a death as ignoble and pathetic as the rest of his life. Dying is literally the only positive thing he can do and his absence will make the world a smidge better.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I had to suffer through this guy's rants a lot growing up.

Reflecting on it, I realize there were quite a few segments basically saying if you done X unhealthy for so long, there's no point in changing.

Now I can't help but wonder if that was him getting high off his own fumes.

Laurentius

Apr 18, 2018
I had to suffer through this guy's rants a lot growing up.

Reflecting on it, I realize there were quite a few segments basically saying if you done X unhealthy for so long, there's no point in changing.

Now I can't help but wonder if that was him getting high off his own fumes.

That was totally him justifying his own unhealthy lifestyle.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
From Dalek

Rush on nicotine:

Rush on the NFL:

Rush on global warming:

Rush on excercise:

Rush on feminism:

Rush on LGBT:
I didn't really know who this guy was but holy shit what a complete sack of shit he is

Laurentius

Apr 18, 2018
He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's losing weight and turning pale and it's purely an act... This is really shameless of Rush Limbaugh. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine stanning and defending Rush Limbaugh ITT.

Dude can't die from natural causes soon enough.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
He advocated for jailing victims of drug abuse despite being an addict himself. I hope that addiction to pain medication built up a tolerance so he suffers tremendously through his final stages.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
It makes you wonder if, right before he dies, especially if he sees this, he'll have any regrets about what he did with his life. I couldn't imagine being on my deathbed and seeing that this would be my legacy.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
while I sympathize from a humanitarian point of view, Limbaugh is a walking trash toxic waste and he brought his own demise on himself.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
From Dalek

Rush on nicotine:

Rush on the NFL:

Rush on global warming:

Rush on excercise:

Rush on feminism:

Rush on LGBT:
I just woke up. Thanks for fighting the good fight. The turmoil our country is in now can be traced back to Rush Limbaugh's antics in the 90s. It's a straight line. He poisoned the well for our entire country.

Literal pure evil.

Laurentius

Apr 18, 2018
Oh, and if people want a much more recent example of why he's a piece of shit, his stance on COVID:

It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponised as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump. Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus. I'm dead right on this. The coronavirus is the common cold, folks.

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
I hope he rots in hell. He's a genuinely awful person and I wish nothing but the worse for him. It would have been an awesome Christmas gift if he had died.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I hope his death is painful and the line to piss on his grave is super long. His rhetoric started my parents and my wife's mom down the road to right wing radicalization, so I can't bother to muster even the slightest bit of sympathy for him. He's contributed nothing of value to society but harmed it in so many ways. Rot in hell, Rush.