• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 27, 2018

m.imgur.com

daredevil game tease ?

2082 views on Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Web archive:
web.archive.org

daredevil game tease ?

983 views on Imgur

Just found this on the GamingLeaks subreddit, and thought this was interesting to post. The OP in this Reddit thread says that "a man without fear" refers to Daredevil. Could it be possible that Troy Baker can be working on a Daredevil video game?

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019
That would be amazing.

I have a lot of faith in Jay Ong to pick the right studio to partner with

edit:
Just FYI OP, Jay Ong is the head of Marvel Games, Rosemann is creative director

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Doouubt it.

Would love it though, wanted a DD game since I was a kid.
That leaked video of the PS2 game just hurt me even more.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
That Reddit post mentions a rumor from "a couple weeks ago" ... what is getting referenced there?

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
So word on the street is Troy Baker did a panel early last year and talked about how he wanted to make a Daredevil game and has even talked to Marvel Games about it on multiple occasions. This, at best, seems like a joke.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
If I ever get to live in a world where my three favorite fictional characters (Spider-Man, Daredevil and Batman) have their own high quality AAA titles, I may be the first person to actually die of happiness. Full heart attack on the spot as the game is getting announced.

Jan 2, 2018
In the Reddit thread they are mentioning a Daredevil game rumor from a few weeks ago..never heard of it,anyone knows what they're talking about?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
What would it even look like?
Would you play the whole game like this?
Waid%2BDaredevil.PNG

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I'd sooner expect him as Daredevil in Spider-Man 2. But anything is possible. I'd be interested in seeing it.
It'd probably just be in third person. Just because DD is blind, doesn't mean you have to showcase that to the player.
My thought as well. Plus Daredevil is maybe the least blind blind man in comics. I like that the Netflix show dealt with that too.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How exactly do you approximate playing a blind man with radar vision to 3rd person?
I'd assume the same way a bunch of games have a character with an eye patch play. Just like any other third person game. Hell, there are some games where Daredevil is playable and they flat out ignore it. I'm sure it could provide some gameplay mechanic, but the entire game doesn't have to be ripples for this to work.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I don't see Daredevil getting his own standalone game any time soon.

That said, if he does get one, gimme dat yellow costume.

H3llR8iser

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Matt Murdock and T'Challa will guest appears on the the game as themselves, but not in superhero custom.....

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
If it's teasing anything, it's probably just an appearance in a Spider-Man sequel

But boy what I would give for like, a Ninja Theory (or someone similar) Daredevil game.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I know everyone keeps saying it but I don't see how they could fit Daredevil into Spider-Man 2. They already got so much going on with Miles, Harry, Norman and whatever else they're trying to tell. Daredevil seems like at most would be a glorified side mission, and at that point is it even worth it?

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If I ever get to live in a world where my three favorite fictional characters (Spider-Man, Daredevil and Batman) have their own high quality AAA titles, I may be the first person to actually die of happiness. Full heart attack on the spot as the game is getting announced.
You and me both buddy
How do you make a game about a blind superhero without having everything presented in his limited sonar view

That would obviously just be present in some sort of detective mode or maybe in small doses outside of it. Like making certain stuff like sidequests etc stand out I guess. Just because the character you play as is blind doesn't mean the entire screen must be a mess for you as well.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Has anything that has ever been teased in this way, by the people who would potentially be involved, ever actually come to fruition? If there really was a DD game in production featuring Troy Baker, would he or Marvel really risk revealing it in this way, with this sort of on the nose tease?

If anything this makes me less likely to believe something is in the works. If it were they'd want to keep it a secret.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Has anything that has ever been teased in this way, by the people who would potentially be involved, ever actually come to fruition? If there really was a DD game in production featuring Troy Baker, would he or Marvel really risk revealing it in this way, with this sort of on the nose tease?
That's what I'm thinking. That plus, outside of SE Avengers, Troy Baker has seemingly been phased out of his Marvel roles (Hawkeye went back to Chris Cox, Nova went to Robbie Daymond, Loki went to Jason Spisak, etc.).

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would this be the MS exclusive with PS getting Spider-man, and Nintendo getting MUA?
Doubtful. It wouldn't be anyone's first choice really. Daredevil is hardly a household name, partly why he's never made it to the MCU proper.

Microsoft would go for something like Wolverine (GoW), Captain America (Uncharted style), Hulk and Thor (too doen carnage?) before heading down to the cheap Batman route.