• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

would you rather sony be at E3 or holding their own PSX?

• E3

Votes: 1,060 45.4%
  • PSX

Votes: 1,274 54.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't give a crap about E3 other than it was cool having everyone do press conferences in the same general location over a couple of days.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would fucking suck. I love E3 week, with all the press conferences, drama etc. Why the hell wouldn't people want that?

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
E3 has been dreadful for a minute. Xbox, Ubisoft, Bethesda and EA shows are always woeful imho. Can't knock Sony for forging a new path for themselves.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Checking Resetera for news like

DisloyalSourFairyfly-size_restricted.gif

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
E3 is cool, and the Sony conferences were ace, except the 2AM start time in the UK. Wouldn't miss that, that's for sure!

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i don't think just showing trailers back to back is a great format to me, some games are worth explaining and pacing is also big thing, it's a show as well that's why directs are so successful
The pacing will be just fine in a ~20 minutes stream. Games worth explaining? Sure, they can put that on the PS Blog, PS Access and/or Youtube. On a stream/SOP, I wanna see the trailers. And that's about it.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Devs rushing to get demos out in time for e3 is shitty. Sony and MS having control of their own events is better. Nintendo is already doing their own thing

Canuckreefer

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
Sony doesn't need E3
Arrogant Sony made its comeback last year, now they just got their own thing going.
I welcome a Sony only ting nah mean?

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Good. Devs rushing to get demos out in time for e3 is shitty. Sony and MS having control of their own events is better. Nintendo is already doing their own thing
If Devs didn't think it was worth it they wouldn't do it.

You are basically saying "Good let's kill this marketing opportunity for small devs and let big companies have their own spotlight."

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Do you think e3 tried upping the rent for Sony last year and they just said nah. And this year they didn't reduce it enough. Are Sony so big they should be paying Sony to attend or at least rent free?

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
They will likely do the first reveal before GDC in March (to stop unwanted leaks) so probably PlayStation Meeting in February.

If they skip E3 again, they will probably do their own event or a big State of Play around the same time.

EccoCid

Mar 7, 2018
London
Hopefully a PSX around the same time then, skipping E3 and not doing anything on their own around the same time would be beyond disappointing.

Why? Doesn't it make more sense to make your own event further from E3 to have more media coverage. When it comes to games it is always a problem to have release dates so close to each other.

It would be better for them to have their event closer to their launch then following E3 dates.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Oh it didn't? DMCV being announced on the Microsoft stage wasn't hyped? New From game getting announced wasn't hyped?

Miss me with that cricket nonsense.

It did not have the impact since there was state of play and Nintendo. Sony not being there was felt.

How well did E3 work out for Microsoft? Did it help them sell more copies of DMCV for Xbox?

Like gears 5 reveal was literally fucked. Not a lot of hype when people knew about DMCV before hand.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about it, it's fine as long as they do at least one live event a year.

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
Sony has been saying they like Apple's approach to events and releases, so I can definitely see this being true. They've already shown us they're following that model for a few years.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Why? Doesn't it make more sense to make your own event further from E3 to have more media coverage. When it comes to games it is always a problem to have release dates so close to each other.

It would be better for them to have their event closer to their launch then following E3 dates.
Because going for so long without major updates on the PS5 and its games would suck.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
I still believe sony will hold a conference around the time of E3. They want the benefits of E3 media coverage without have to pay the ESA fees.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
I mean if they do PSX, put some Fucking money behind it. Make it worthy of my time. And beef up the state of plays. Don't copy Nintendo wholeheartedly but lose the personality.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I like E3. It's very exciting usually to see all the new stuff coming. I hope they can adapt and still put on a good event.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes they are copying Nintendo Directs and doing them x10 worse in terms of pacing, presentation and content. Third party games are the highlight of those shows which I don't think is the intent.
yes because they only did for not even a full year so far and Nintendo still hasn't perfected the formula and they have been doing directs for several years. OKAY

Last edited:

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Cool. The only thing I'd miss from E3 would be Giant Bomb's coverage. And if Sony still does their own thing at that time like others have started the effect would be minimal. And if they did it at another time of year that's cool too.

I'm down with anything that hurts the ESA.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sony conferences are the least cringey of all those publishers (except Revolver Digital).

I would be fine with PSX

Status
Not open for further replies.