• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
People working hard on something and showing it to the world when they are ready should make way for impatient gamers and unreliable people that leak inside info? That's an upside down world.
No, just like in the other thread, we should get rid of the secrecy so that this isn't an issue. If it takes leaks to get there, then great. If you have a better way to change the culture, then let's do it. Yes the current way it works sucks, because it does hurt the hard working people, but then no one is addressing the Root Cause, why the hell are we hiding and guarding the hard work of people like damned secrets of national security? There is no reasonable reasoning that I can tell.

Some game companies are publicly traded, sure I could see some room there for trade secrets, but Disney is public and announces shit decades in advance.

We don't need all the details but hiding announcements isn't healthy, and if it takes leaks to get change, then so be it. Stop using a root cause of the problem as a reason to not fix it.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an LG OLED that has HDMI 2.1 yet?

Looks like I need to start saving for a TV as well.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
I posted this earlier today, but I've heard the same rumour.

Avengers
Oniaki
Outriders
The Last Remnant Remastered
Secret of Mana Collection
Romancing Saga 3 and Saga Scarlet Grace
Ambitions
FF 8 Remaster
FF 7 Remake

Just sayin.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
We already knew Battletoads had couch co-op, Halo as a launch title has been rumoured/leaked for a while (it's also obvious), the Xbox leak sounds like complete rubbish, the elite controller was already hinted at by Brad Sams yesterday. Those MS "leaks" aren't anything, the Bethesda leaks though sound like they could be legit.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I believe that the FFVIII remaster is in the same vein as the last FFVII and FFIX remasters. I just hope they learned their mistakes from those.

Although this makes me hope they release a physical collection with the three of them.

r0t

Banned
May 23, 2019
This Scarlett leak is fanboy FUD to set expectations so high that actual specs will be a disappointment. Don't buy it.

My thoughts are a modular console with two base configs: Lockhart low end module and Anaconda a high end module. Anaconda modules will also be used in Xcloud. New powerful modules will be released mid gen instead of launching a new console.

Scarlett is the chassis while Lockhard and Anaconda are the compute modules.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
- Final Fantasy 8 Remaster

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
No, just like in the other thread, we should get rid of the secrecy so that this isn't an issue. If it takes leaks to get there, then great. If you have a better way to change the culture, then let's do it. Yes the current way it works sucks, because it does hurt the hard working people, but then no one is addressing the Root Cause, why the hell are we hiding and guarding the hard work of people like damned secrets of national security? There is no reasonable reasoning that I can tell.

Some game companies are publicly traded, sure I could see some room there for trade secrets, but Disney is public and announces shit decades in advance.

We don't need all the details but hiding announcements isn't healthy, and if it takes leaks to get change, then so be it. Stop using a root cause of the problem as a reason to not fix it.

Because wanting to surprise people is harmful? I genuinely question that statement, developers want to be able to have the big surprise of revealing their own game it's not that difficult to understand. They want to see the reactions and things people post when they see them, to have someone just post it up nonchalant like and be like Ha ruined it for you is pretty poor.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Also didn't squall and cloud get KH costumes in dissidia recently? That could be a hint at the FF8 remaster being true

Oct 26, 2017
This Scarlett leak is fanboy FUD to set expectations so high that actual specs will be a disappointment. Don't buy it.

My thoughts are a modular console with two base configs: Lockhart low end module and Anaconda a high end module. Anaconda modules will also be used in Xcloud. New powerful modules will be released mid gen instead of launching a new console.

I'm sure Microsoft will say "the next Xbox is capable of outputting in 8k and 120 FPS!" today.

Now, will any reasonable game ever hit those numbers? Of course not.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Ghostwire Tokyo as a new IP from Tango?
Deathloop as Arkane Lyon's The Crossing inspired immersive sim?
Wolfenstein Youngblood
DOOM Eternal
Updates on TESO, FO76, TES:B, Rage 2

That's the making of a good conference from a publisher with just 6 studios. In a perfect world, Arkane Austin would also be working on a Prey sequel.

Idontwantit

Alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2019

And what entitles you to know these things before the actual creators are ready to show something off?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Scarlett sounds insane. 120FPS on console would be a dream come true, even if it's only for like 20% of titles.

The games don't sound very interesting, though. I'm assuming they didn't leak everything, so that's nice.

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
120fps 8k sounds like straight up nonsense for a console
Well if people claim the PS5 would be able to output 8K. Then I don't see this being impossible to achieve. Now I think this would be for VR experiences and maybe some indie games that can output 8K and racing games like Forza where it doesn't really require too much work.

Oct 26, 2017
Ghostwire Tokyo as a new IP from Tango?
Deathloop as Arkane Lyon's The Crossing inspired immersive sim?
Wolfenstein Youngblood
DOOM Eternal
Updates on TESO, FO76, TES:B, Rage 2

That's the making of a good conference from a publisher with just 6 studios. In a perfect world, Arkane Austin would also be working on a Prey sequel.

Deathloop is trademarked as a mobile game so we'll see on that one...