Status
Not open for further replies.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shit, I would be up for this.

More Platinum goodness is always something I look forward to.

Also, didn't know that Kellams wasn't at Platinum anymore.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I'd have hoped another title to be it, Scalebound never looked interesting to me after they revealed gameplay.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
this would be fucking nuts but I don't really trust this. I could definitely see it happening, with MS being friendly with Nintendo lately, but I don't think so

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
No fucking way!!!! If so woooohoooo!!!!

Oct 26, 2017
If anything, they could rework stuff from Scalebound to a Drakengard game imo, but I don't think that would happen. Would be cool to see if anything emerges from it tho.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
nope
i dont believe it
i mean itd be nuce but i need more proof. it doenst make sense for any of the parties involved

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looked pretty bad in most showings.

Just don't get the appeal for reviving it when it wasn't neccessarily something that had a lot of appeal and likely would require a lot of re-working anyway. Just seems like you'd get more mileage out of a new IP at that point.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
So according to this rumor MS let the TM die just because? I don't buy it, they cant be that foolish or reckless.

Deleted member 20852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like a lot of Platinum Games titles, but Scalebound never looked very appealing and I thought ditching it was a good decision from Microsoft. Interesting to ser what comes out from this of it is true, obviously the game could have changed a lot.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Good. Microsoft deserves to be rubbed salt in the wound. This gen was awful for their first party and treated fans in a condescending manner "we know better!" forever which was really annoying. That's not how you treat your audience.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
As far as I am aware, the Scalebound trademark was renewed but soon had to be abandoned thanks to Microsoft being unable to state what they would use it for.
I don't know much about copyrights, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. Microsoft has a clear reason to hold onto the IP: future games! If copyright law doesn't allow companies to squat on IPs based on the future possibility of games, then other companies like Nintendo, Konami, etc. would have had to let go of many of their dead franchises.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Microsoft owns the IP. No lol

ba660128969cd14ddaa0df146073ebdd-full.png

Interesting.
This actually say it's abandoned in 2017.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I thought MS owned that IP?
Also, did this just crash the servers?
They did. They didn't renew it though AFAIK.

It's incredible though really, as since Scalebound was cancelled it magically transformed in to a great looking game that everyone was baffled why Microsoft ever cancelled. It's amazing what a cancellation can do to a game.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But why? Microsoft didn't think it was worth pursuing and now the scope of the game will have to be cut back tremendously to run on the Switch.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If they make it actually fun to play, then sure.

Scalebound just never really looked all that fun.

I have no idea how trademarks work though. Would they have to change names?

Suzushiiro

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
If the "Nintendo's bringing back a cancelled project" rumor is real then Scalebound is one of the few games I can think of that would even fit the description. The only other one I can think of would be Mega Man Legends 3. Are there any Nintendo FP titles that would fit?

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I'd be glad to be wrong, but hell nah, no way.

If anything, they could rework stuff from Scalebound to a Drakengard game imo, but I don't think that would happen. Would be cool to see if anything emerges from it tho.

Scalebound being reworked into a new Drakengard game with Square Enix would be amazing (and vastly more likely than this rumor)

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I mean hooefully it looks better then what they showed, but it could be a great idea. A more casual, combo orientated monster hunter type thing. Oddly enough reminded me of lost planet 2

That means platniums working on bayo 3, astral chain, that other game for square enix and this. How many employees do they have ?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
are we sure this isnt just a confusion thing again like with star fox and star link where his source told him they saw scalebound when it was actually astral chain which seems to have scalebound salvaged assets?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If this is true, I really hope they change the protagonist (especially since the MC would likely be compared to DMC5 Nero now). Maybe switch to a black woman, since Nintendo definitely needs more black/brown protagonists.

As for the legitimacy of this report, I'm honestly not sure, but I'd be down for it being true.

Status
Not open for further replies.