Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Never heard of Paul Gale before, but he's apparently been blogging about video game stuff for a while now. This tidbit just dropped:
One week ahead of Nintendo's quarter report, I have been given the OK to announce that the partnership between Nintendo and Universal is stronger than ever and that the next product to come from this friendship, is a Nintendo Hollywood Store opening up on the west coast! The Pokémon Center first debuted in New York City,back in 2001 and became the Nintendo World Store in 2005. Its name then changed to Nintendo New York in 2016. After all of these years, Nintendo is ready for another big store, comparable to the New York one.
I'm being told that November 16th (Mr. Miyamoto's birthday and the original grand opening of The Pokémon Center) is when Nintendo will share the first video, featuring pictures of the store's design.

For those unfamiliar with the area, Universal Citywalk is a collection of shops and restaurants next to Universal Studios Hollywood. If you've ever heard of Downtown Disney in Pasadena or Disney Springs in Florida, it's the same idea.

Thoughts?

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
The Nintendo Store in New York is pretty cool. I usually visit whenever I am up there. I usually do more browsing than actually purchasing stuff. You can find most of the items online for much cheaper but it's still fun to check out the swag, plushies, etc. they have available.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A Nintendo Store in the CityWalk is not an impossibility. It would actually make sense as Nintendo would likely be able to be there Rent free and establish a West Coast Store

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Oh fuck yeah. I've always wanted to go to the Nintendo Store, and having it in LA makes the whole thing a hell of a lot more accessible for west coast folks.

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Paul Gale Network is not a reliable source.

If you haven't heard of someone before, why are you posting things from them?

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
I honestly believe it, and surprised it's been this long before hearing news of it. My general belief was one of the reasons they changed the name from Nintendo World to NIntendo New York was because they were going to be branching out and opening up more locations.

Well here's to hoping they open up something similar over for people on the West coast. Just about any time I find myself in Manhattan I usually try swinging by Nintendo store.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I've always wondered why Nintendo hasn't expanded its stores beyond NYC, like Apple has. The demand is there.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Yesssss that'd be awesome. I know we're already getting Nintendoland but that'd open up more space for other stuff instead.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Paul Gale is not a reliable source. He was the one that started the "Metroid x Starfox" and "N64 Remakes for the Wii U" rumors.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Oh for the love of bob please please yes!

I used to love working at Universal, under worked, over paid and G4 always interviewed me for that Top 10 count down show they had. A nintendo store would get me up and over to city walk at least once a month for sure.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Paul Gale is not a reliable source. He was the one that started the "Metroid x Starfox" and "N64 Remakes for the Wii U" rumors.

HAHAHA. He's still around? He's the guy who did all those early PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale leaks. I remember the devs being really annoyed with him. Before the proper announcement, he kept calling it Title Fight (maybe an old working title).

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And any Nintendo X Universal talk in Orlando continues to be strangely silent. They haven't even broke ground on Super Nintendo World over there!

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I used to be able to see city walk from my apartment in Toluca Hills. That would have been so cool if I still lived there

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Paul Gale? The same Paul Gale who tried teasing character reveals for PlayStation All-Stars by giving "hints" like pictures of coal & acting like some big shot insider? And then that didn't work so he eventually just flat-out said we'd get characters like Lightning & Crash?

I'll believe this when reliable sources back this up.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And any Nintendo X Universal talk in Orlando continues to be strangely silent. They haven't even broke ground on Super Nintendo World over there!
Word is, the plans were scrapped in favor of a much larger Nintendo portion on the new lot. Though there is to be a Hyrule Land at IoA or something

OP
OP
Slam Tilt

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
The only part of this rumor I dislike is that it'd be in Universal Citywalk itself, which means paying exorbitant parking prices to go shopping. I'd rather see Nintendo open a west coast store in a more generally accessible area, such as Hollywood proper, the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica, or even the complex around Staples Center. Still, anything closer than NYC can't be a bad thing.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
If this turns out to be true, I will actually have a reason to go to City Walk for the second time in 10 years.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Word is, the plans were scrapped in favor of a much larger Nintendo portion on the new lot. Though there is to be a Hyrule Land at IoA or something
Word this, word that, thing is both Universal Japan and Hollywood are constructing Super Nintendo World while Orlando hasn't had even an announcement of when it'll happen. All we have is rumors.

Dec 11, 2017
Never heard of Paul Gale before, but he's apparently been blogging about video game stuff for a while now. This tidbit just dropped:

For those unfamiliar with the area, Universal Citywalk is a collection of shops and restaurants next to Universal Studios Hollywood. If you've ever heard of Downtown Disney in Pasadena or Disney Springs in Florida, it's the same idea.

Thoughts?

Yeah, Nintendo and Universal definitely have been strengthening their relationship as of late. Theme park deals across Japan, Florida, and California, the Mario film with Illumination, and what will be Nintendo's second grand store, on CityWalk property. It's going to be very nice.

Paul Gale Network is not a reliable source.

If you haven't heard of someone before, why are you posting things from them?

There are stories I received that I never put up yet turned out to be true, those that I got which turned out to be false, and ones that I shared with had both aspects behind it. This is not a rumor I received, however. This is happening.

Star Fox x Metroid: Fusion Saga was a game that was pitched within discussion between Retro Studios and Nintendo. It never reached development but was a considered project. As for Nintendo 64's remakes, we never did get anything of the sort, as Wii U development eventually became less "Let's take a risk" than any previous platform. It was sadly a sinking ship.

HAHAHA. He's still around? He's the guy who did all those early PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale leaks. I remember the devs being really annoyed with him. Before the proper announcement, he kept calling it Title Fight (maybe an old working title).

Yeah, Title Fight was the first code name that SuperBot Entertainment and Sony used to call PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Quite a while ago.

Paul Gale? The same Paul Gale who tried teasing character reveals for PlayStation All-Stars by giving "hints" like pictures of coal & acting like some big shot insider? And then that didn't work so he eventually just flat-out said we'd get characters like Lightning & Crash?

I'll believe this when reliable sources back this up.

I have never called myself a big shot insider. Yes I have worked for Gamers.com, 1up.com, and Bitmob.com, as well as have just finished attending my 19th consecutive E3 this past June...but have never tried being anyone that I am not. I had information on that game for many months before I posted any info on it and when I finally did, I gradually shared information for six months before the game was shown off by Sony.

That being said, the majority of information I received and shared was accurate and I was the first with it. Some of it didn't turn out the way it appeared, but you can't win them all, as you probably saw more recently with the "Banner Leak" with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I did what I could with that game, with the info I received. That is all.

Maybe that store will sell some Metroid and Star Fox merchandise, finally redeeming PGN after all those years ;)

Star Fox and Metroid all the way!

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017
Oh fuck yeah. I've always wanted to go to the Nintendo Store, and having it in LA makes the whole thing a hell of a lot more accessible for west coast folks.

Yeah! I've had friends come back from the New York Store with some cool stuff for me in the past, but have never been there myself. Definitely stoked for this one, which is just 20 miles away.

The Nintendo Store in New York is pretty cool. I usually visit whenever I am up there. I usually do more browsing than actually purchasing stuff. You can find most of the items online for much cheaper but it's still fun to check out the swag, plushies, etc. they have available.

That's really cool. Did you ever go there back when it was The Pokémon Center?

Isn't the zelda tv show rumor also around that date ?

There have been Zelda animated and non animated Netflix rumors going on for a while. Man...if something of Castlevania quality could go down for Zelda or Metroid...or Star Fox, I'd be so happy!

A Nintendo Store in the CityWalk is not an impossibility. It would actually make sense as Nintendo would likely be able to be there Rent free and establish a West Coast Store

Plus, with the new Nintendo theme park being so close by, it'll be even better for Nintendo's presence!

Now I can buy Voodoo Donuts and a Boo plush. My life is complete.

Haha, very true!

I'll be there day one. See you around!

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
PLEASE let there be a Nintendo Store there. I have a Universal Studios pass so it'd be perfect to have a day of fun plus get some Nintendo swag.

Dec 11, 2017
This. I got really excited until I saw Hollywood :(

Hey you never know. Orlando, Chicago, Toronto...it could happen one day!

It would be smart to get one on the west coast as well.

Definitely! LA already spends a lot. Let's do more!

I honestly believe it, and surprised it's been this long before hearing news of it. My general belief was one of the reasons they changed the name from Nintendo World to NIntendo New York was because they were going to be branching out and opening up more locations.

Well here's to hoping they open up something similar over for people on the West coast. Just about any time I find myself in Manhattan I usually try swinging by Nintendo store.

It did seem that when the store's name changed, that it was our first clue as to what would happen next. I just don't think anyone thought it'd take this long to necessarily happen.

I've always wondered why Nintendo hasn't expanded its stores beyond NYC, like Apple has. The demand is there.

This place is going to be packed...constantly!

Fuck yes. Please do this Nintendo!

Yup. It's about time!

Put a Nintendo Store in the Citywalk in Orlando plz

Hopefully in time for you all over there.

Yesssss that'd be awesome. I know we're already getting Nintendoland but that'd open up more space for other stuff instead.

The more of a Nintendo presence in California, the better!

This. I got really excited until I saw Hollywood :(

That's my favorite part, heh. But yeah, I hope more cities will get one eventually. Spread the joy, ya know.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017

^The official city walk theme, in my eyes.

This is great. City Walk is in need of some new life.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Word this, word that, thing is both Universal Japan and Hollywood are constructing Super Nintendo World while Orlando hasn't had even an announcement of when it'll happen. All we have is rumors.
They haven't even announced that they're building the theme park in which the main Nintendo World will be housed yet.

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
Universal should be begging for this. Its crazy at one time they were at Nintendo throat over Donkey Kong. Universal doesnt have much to offer, and as a so cal resident I never really go to city walk outside of their AMC theaters. Maybe, in the future, they will be working together on some decent movie properties and cinematic universes. Can't see Universal ever catching up to Disney, not anymore, not without someone with IPs like Nintendo.

Also, once the fox deal is finished, I'm sure Marvel is going for the last bit of IP Sony has. Sony should have been trying to work with nintendo, funny how they think they're going to keep making money off marvel. Guess Sony always has capcom...

Last edited:

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Give us one in Europe.

And by Europe I mean the UK.

And by the UK I mean London.

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
Always wanted Nintendo to open more official stores. I hope Orlando gets one too, but Atlanta or Charlotte would be closer to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.