Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Yeah, this is an old rumor that was never proven as 100% false, it has a lot of doubt around it. However, I could see the Tron IP still being alive.

My big reason being they almost did make a sequel (thanks Tomorrowland for cancelling that). Then the upcoming ride in Florida, granted that ride is based off the ride overseas. But I can't recall Disney ever making rides off something that's dormant like that. It's not like they were locked into making it Tron afterall.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I would so love for this to be true. Back in 2010 I was head over heels apeshit for Red Dead Redemption and Tron Legacy at the same time, and the thing I most wanted was an open-world Tron game where you cruised from place to place on a lightcycle instead of a horse.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
CEEA3BF7B3C83E73F69D692B39B429FEE8AE40B0

Recently replayed Evolution and I forgot how surprisingly okk this game is as it was when I played it back in 2010. I'd even go as far as to say this is one of the best tie-in movie video games ever to date (no joke) It still holds up pretty well for almost a 10 year old game. I know people didn't exactly like Run/r in 2016 but I thought it was .. fine? Not the best but still fine. Hoping this rumor about Ubisoft making one is correct and not bogus. World needs a good TRON game again.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'd be all over this. The Tron aesthetic and overall story is so interesting and I feel like the franchise has been under-utilized for so long. Tron: Legacy had its faults, but was a great film and deserved a sequel. This is the next best thing.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Disney seems to still somewhat care about TRON as they're currently building a TRON rollercoaster over at Walt Disney World which will align with Magic Kingdom's 50th anniversary.

naitosan

Oct 28, 2017
Damn it, now I need to watch TRON: Legacy 3D again... still pissed at Disney for canning TRON 3. Hope this game is true and if it turns out to sell extremely well maybe Disney will re consider and hire TRON: Legacy director to direct TRON 3.

And give TRON: Evolution BC X enhanced.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
The rumour said the game's being developed by Ubi Shanghai.... But aren't they the ones behind Skull & Bones?

That being said, I would like a good Tran game. As long as they take TRON 2.0 (which is a phenomenal game in its own right) as basic inspiration.