• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which team are you in, hooman? (NOTE: Vote-changing disabled!)

• #TeamReal

Votes: 2,046 67.7%
  • #TeamFake

Votes: 978 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Era, the only way we can truly settle this is a site wide avatar bet. Who wants to volunteer to design the avatars for each side when they lose?

One month avatar bet, quote this post with what team you're on and I'll add you to the list. No more cowardice!

#TeamReal
Muzy

#TeamFake
I want in on #TeamReal, but I also was in on the remaining newcomers bet first. Gotta stick to my guns though

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017

AumoD9L.png

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Era, the only way we can truly settle this is a site wide avatar bet. Who wants to volunteer to design the avatars for each side when they lose?

One month avatar bet, quote this post with what team you're on and I'll add you to the list. No more cowardice!

#TeamReal
Muzy

#TeamFake

Real

Rondras

Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Could be easily faked but if they got Banjo... damn, that partnership with Microsoft is becoming amazing(Rare games for N64 classic? Maybe Rare Replay in the future?(I wish xD))

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
I'm on team real. Won't care about being wrong cause ot would be one hell of a conjob.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thing is, echo's so far have been seen to have their normal attacks (non specials) fully copied from the original. Chrom is the exception but pulls from fighters from his same series that still make sense for him to have.

You guys wouldn't be bothered to see Shadow pull off Sonic's exact movements? And if they did pull a Chrom, which other character would they borrow moves from for him? A case can be easily made for his specials like you mentioned, but what of his normals? The only time Echo's seem to have unique animations are in movement and idle animations.

Im just saying id rather they make him a semi clone like Isabelle or unique new comer if he is actually in.

really wish it was Tails in this leak though.....

I don't really have a horse in this race cause I'm fairly indifferent about Shadow, but I'll put it like this:
It's very unlikely that third party Echoes are going to be on the level of Dark Pit where there's almost no effort put into differentiating them. Look at Dark Samus. She doesn't have moves that aren't taken from Samus as far as we know, but her animations are altered significantly enough to give her more personality, and she also received changes to things like the roll, and attributes like which direction the bomb launches her.

They can do the same thing with Shadow. Even if Shadow doesn't get unique moves, they can alter his animations and attributes in the same vein as Dark Samus'. Same goes for Ken (though it's likely he'd be more similar cause Ken).

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on team fake because I always am.

Also... Before ultimate I would have dismissed the rumors because the list seem to include all the most requested internet characters like most of the fake rumors ... But thing is... With ultimate Sakurai seems adamant in basically give the fans what they want no matter what... We got ridley, we got krool, we got Belmont... No reason why we can't get chorus kids or banjo at this point.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna go TEAM Fake for my own personal reasons. I dont see the Mii's being move too far away from their original spot. That just really stands out to me.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna go TEAM Fake for my own personal reasons. I dont see the Mii's being move too far away from their original spot. That just really stands out to me.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Team fake for two reasons.

1. Smash Ultimate having 0 new Pokemon fighters seems incredibly unlikely.
2. I'd be way too happy with these being the last characters for it to be real.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
I'm team real because all of these "insiders" doubting it seem to not actually realize where the picture came from. They keep talking about how blurry it is and ask why it's blurry. The original shot isn't blurry and it came from snapchat.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 3465

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Definitely team real with perhaps something missing. I think the character list is pretty reasonable too. I interpreted what Sakurai said as the rate of big reveals/info would slow down, not that we'd only get 2 - 3 more characters. Makes sense to have a final blowout. From a marketing standpoint it wouldn't have made sense to reveal so many characters in the last directs only to reveal 2 - 3 more at the final push. Just sad it had to leak in this way after all the development teams hard work.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How could Banjo be in it when is MS's property?

Just a couple of my thoughts. Don't know how right they are.

1. Whether they're owned by Microsoft or not, they're still known for their debut on the N64 and are easily some of the most recognizable characters associated with Nintendo during that era. Nintendo has a big thing associating Smash with their own (and third-party) video game history, and Banjo-Kazooie was a big part of that.

And I think two is a big one.

2. Microsoft and Nintendo have been getting more friendly with each other as of late. There's the crossplay thing they had, Minecraft appearing on the Switch and 3DS, it kinda makes sense for something like this to happen as the next major step. They have a good relationship going.

Heck, wasn't there a time where we all thought a third-party character would never appear in a Smash game before Brawl?

Again, probably wrong, but that's why I think they're in there (if this leak is true that is).

Status
Not open for further replies.