• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which team are you in, hooman? (NOTE: Vote-changing disabled!)

• #TeamReal

Votes: 2,046 67.7%
  • #TeamFake

Votes: 978 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 40604

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 3, 2018
Nobody is owed evidence that the leak is real or fake. For fucks sakes, in an ideal world leaks wouldn't happen anyway and you'd get information when it's announced. Demanding that insiders show you hard evidence that something is real or fake is one of the most entitled things I've ever seen. Just wait until the game is out. Chill out, it's less than 2 months away.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/shovel-knight-amiibo-unveiled/1100-6430110/

Actual concept art for the shovel knight amiibo featuring THE SMASH BROS BASE because AT THE TIME, only SMASH BROS CHARACTERS HAD AMIIBOS

FKcfVZi.png

z7ck18h.png

OP
OP
ResetGreyWolf

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Guys pls use the correct terminology

It's an alleged potenially rumoured awaiting confirmation possibly bogus leak

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
I (think) I'm on team real but some of you folks need to chill.

If this ends up fake I'm worried that the focus on era will be on what's not in the game over what is in it: a ton of cool ass stuff that we love.

Also keep in mind that most of the insiders that have spoken up most likely did so in a vain attempt to keep our rabid expectations in check, and those individuals are now probably wishing they hadn't said anything due to how some of you are acting.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
You mean if this rumor pans out. We need to be careful as to not treat this as fact. As I said before, the backlash would be immense if this rhetoric continues & the rumor turns out to be false.

I think we're past the point of no return now. If this leak gets proven wrong and/or Incineroar gets announced things are going to get pretty ugly. I predict a lot of bans in the announcement thread.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Right now it's just a rumor.
"Alleged leak" is more accurate, however, because nobody out there is claiming this is real. This isn't a thing where a bunch of people are saying, "I'm hearing on the grapevine that Geno is in the game" or whatever, this was something that was randomly posted by a Snapchat user and another Snapchat user took some screenshots of it before hte video got deleted. It isn't a rumor, it's an "alleged leak".

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just call it a rumor, as that's all this picture is right now.
Why is this even a point of contention though?

do you think someone who would get excited over a rumored leak that has Banjo Isaac and Shadow would suddenly say "oh, it's just a rumor? not a rumored leak? I better lower my expectations"

it's a worthless distinction only brought up to make a snarky aggressive comment when you have nothing else to say. "Actually, it's a rumor. Leaks are true. I am very smart." nobody cares dude

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Why is this rumour real?" is the question people should be asking

Good god, I swear people have lost their damn minds.

You're arguing semantics. People think this is real because of everything in OP and same people are now testing this rumor to see if it holds up against eventual faulty spots. What people are angry against right now is people pretending to have what would break this rumor but aren't willing to share it and think people will take their word as if it was enough on its own.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Yeah guys, the semantics of calling this a leak, rumor ect. is pretty silly . This can be called either of them. Don't get hung up on that. Calling it a leak doesn't make it more real.

Immaculate

Oct 27, 2017
I hope someone is compiling all these teamfake posts to make a huge image macro that we can look back laugh at all of them with

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018

I like to get caught up in the fun of this as much as everyone else, but this is for real some advice everyone in the Smash and larger Nintendo community need to take to heart.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm sorry, but have you missed the evidences on pointing it towards real?

No existing renders of the characters, the LinkedIn connection with a printing company, matches up with the insider rumor from 4chan 1 month ago.

Honestly it seems more easy to believe it's real than that it's fake.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

How do you prove a rumor?

And if we can't prove a rumor ourselves, why shouldn't we take the opposite approach?

There is nothing we can do to positively prove that it is real though, which makes that question meaningless . All we can do is search for evidence that it is false. Surely you must see that.

Beaten to it.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Team real and team fake need to meet in a large field and just fight each other, and whoever is left standing wins and it becomes reality

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I thought the Pokémon community went batshit crazy with fakes/rumours.

I've been mobbed for saying burden of proof is on it being real rather than on it being fake.

Come on guys, you're better than this.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I think we're past the point of no return now. If this leak gets proven wrong and/or Incineroar gets announced things are going to get pretty ugly. I predict a lot of bans in the announcement thread.
I'm honestly concerned that the backlash (if this proves to be false) could impact sales. As you said, we're past the point of no return now. The idea that Smash Ultimate's perception could be considerably damaged by a potentially-fake rumor is honestly kinda sad.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Because most of the details in this "rumor" have lead it to being crazy story where some dude's Snapchatting went wrong and got marketing materials leaked on the internet and every time there's been a detail that's lead to it being fake somehow the "rumor" gets a detail that ends up having seem more real.

So instead of asking why this "rumor" is real can we have you say why it's fake without resorting to insider information because to the layman that's been following the story it just seems real and the only bit on insider info we can parse is just "we heard there's a character in the game that's not on the rumor's mural" and stemming from one guy before E3 and in a world that has the Gematsu leak that had outdated info and that's why the character isn't in

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So you won't reply if I call it a leak, and if I call it something else then you still won't reply.

I believe you know something and have gotten verifiable and credible information, and your history as a source of credible information speaks for itself, but it doesn't help anyone if you're not going to say anything.
Meanwhile this potential leak of information comes out, there's a slew of interesting pieces to it, and apart from some forum posters here putting in the work the insiders have said nothing but "believe me I'm legit." How can we be expected to trust the insiders, who have all gotten stuff wrong before in the past, if they aren't going to back up anything they say, and if they aren't, then why are they bothering?

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I've been mobbed for saying burden of proof is on it being real rather than on it being fake.

You have a mile long OP in favor of team real
Then team fakes come in with "but it's blurry" and "this dude who said E3 was gonna be bad says it's fake without any proof"

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

Team Real has provided tons more proof, all detailed in the OP.

Team Fake is compiled of one convincing evidence, and a bunch of other people saying "I know it's fake but I can't tell you why"

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

If the last few years have taught me anything, it is this: No, we're not.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean I want to believe because this leak seems way more Sakurai than being boring and ending on Ken and Inceniroar or at the least I hope both leaks are fake!
Because Inceniroar is just kinda boring to me as both a general or Pokémon pick, and doesn't seem like the big hype reveal Sakurai would end the hype cycle. I mean saving someone like Simon or krool make more sense than Inceniroar or someone like Banjo
Either way we should get the big smash blowout in the next 3 weeks to kick off the final marketing blowout and prevent the possibility of leaks in the reviewing/shipping period. So all leaks will end soon enough

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You know that the ESRB leak happened with Smash 4 right? Why every rumor has to be fake? There are many evidences that point it towards real and you're just judging people for taking a stance on it based on evidences.

IzzyRX