Not open for further replies.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
This MF finds Grace Randolph credible!

mannequeincover.jpg

Feb 16, 2022
This MF finds Grace Randolph credible!
She's a PoS, but in the past couple of years she's been considered fairly reliable--not as much as ViewerAnon or MTTSH, but on the level of at least DanielRPK. She's considered a mid-tier source in MarvelStudioSpoilers. I've been trying to get her and KC Walsh banned there since they're huge PoSs, but so far no luck.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Remember when Shang Chi was all about a tournament aka Enter the Dragon but with Beta Ray Bill and Yelena? And was not going to go over well because WB's Mortal Kombat would be coming out just before it and SC would look like a rip off of a more well known property?

Remember when Mando Season 2 was going to feature less Mando and focus on other characters at times due to Pedro Pascal fighting with Disney over showing his face?

Remember this?

View: https://twitter.com/cathyyan/status/1267251978108878848?s=46&t=35_mOnGTEEe_M5hLsYlR3A

I was a viewer until a year or so ago when her arrogance while fighting with Yan soured me and I realized I was standing up for someone I didnt believe had "tegridy" anymore.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Keaton is too old, Kilmer has had significant health issues, there's no way Gunn is unveiling his new DC universe with the same Batman actor from one of the most maligned comic book films of all time (Clooney), Bale might be persuaded to return and Ben doesn't seem up to it.

So yeah, this is either bullshit or between Bale and Affleck.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Clooney makes sense on a number of levels. Can do the dad thing better than Bale. Probably won't mind being attached to a number of movies unlike Bale.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Clooney would be an enjoyably insane pick. If Gunn wants to establish that his Batman won't be confused with Pattinson's - bring back the Schumacher vibes.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
I'm super confused, I don't know if there is a spoiler thing on this discussion…. But it's been extremely well known that the flash movie has two "former" batsmen in it? Is this a hint there is another? The script leaked like a year ago lol…. The trailer shows one of them.. the other has said he is in the film..

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm super confused, I don't know if there is a spoiler thing on this discussion…. But it's been extremely well known that the flash movie has two "former" batsmen in it? Is this a hint there is another? The script leaked like a year ago lol…. The trailer shows one of them.. the other has said he is in the film..

She is straight up saying either Kilmer (obviously not), Clooney, or Bale are in the ending. Not Keaton or Affleck (who are still in the rest of the movie).

So, start of the movie if Affleck. Flash goes to another universe where it is Keaton. Ends the movie coming back to the new DC universe to find Bale or Clooney.

Last edited:

kowhite

May 14, 2019
It's obviously Keanu Reeves, he played Batman.

I know you all want Will Arnett though.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I just looked at Gunn's likes to see if he liked anything refuting Grace's tweets........and.........there is something batman related there.......but NSFW
shaq-shaquille-o-neal.gif

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
I'm still annoyed at this shit because The Batman was good and Robert nailed it.

He truly did, for the beginning of his own universe, keep him away from all this other nonsense.

As for this new iteration, Bale would the one to make me excited for it, I like Clooney well enough and he deserved a better Batman story, but I still don't know what to make of all this Damian stuff. It's rushing to an endgame that hasn't been earned, again.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I thought Keaton was already a big part of Flash, no? I'm confused

She is saying the ending has a different Batman to set up future movies. Originally it was going to be Keaton, now it isn't. He is presumably done after Flash, if Grace isn't full of shit like she sometimes likes to be.

So, start of the movie is Affleck. Flash goes to another universe where Keaton's Batman exists. At the end of the movie, he comes back to the new DCU and finds either Bale or Clooney. She said it is one of the three in the picture she posted, and obviously it isn't Kilmer given his health issues, so has to be one of those two (if true).

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I mean if Bale is strapped for cash who am I so say no to that, otherwise I don't see anybody else doing it and definitely not Affleck unless they want to get demolished by Cavill fans.

Feb 16, 2022
She is saying the ending has a different Batman to set up future movies. Originally it was going to be Keaton, now it isn't. He is presumably done after Flash, if Grace isn't full of shit like she sometimes likes to be.
Regardless of what Grace said/implied, I think we can safely assume Keaton is done either way. Unless Gunn is bringing him back for a Batman Beyond project later on that could either be part of the DCU or an Elseworlds thing.

ratify

Feb 18, 2021
This rumor makes zero sense. The new Batman has no script, no director, no release date, but it's somehow already cast its main character? And it's either Kilmer, Clooney, or Bale? Kilmer is a none starter with his health issues so it's between a 61 yr old Clooney or a 49 yr old Bale for what Gunn described as Batman in his prime. Nothing adds up here.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
This rumor makes zero sense. The new Batman has no script, no director, no release date, but it's somehow already cast its main character? And it's either Kilmer, Clooney, or Bale? Kilmer is a none starter with his health issues so it's between a 61 yr old Clooney or a 49 yr old Bale for what Gunn described as Batman in his prime. Nothing adds up here.

The DCU Batman part is clear BS as you said. If there's a shred of truth there its that Clooney or Bale will cameo in The Flash and everything else is a pretty wild assumption.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
The DCU Batman part is clear BS as you said. If there's a shred of truth there its that Clooney or Bale will cameo in The Flash and everything else is a pretty wild assumption.

This. Clooney, Kilmer, or Bale would be a great surprise moment for a Flash ending so that makes sense and I could see it happen.

But Gunn is already wrangling himself out of too much of a continuity nightmare to just add confusion by casting a former Batman actor as his DCU Batman.

Rumor sounds like someone heard about a cameo in the Flash and assumed that it would apply to future Batman movies.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Remember when Shang Chi was all about a tournament aka Enter the Dragon but with Beta Ray Bill and Yelena? And was not going to go over well because WB's Mortal Kombat would be coming out just before it and SC would look like a rip off of a more well known property?

Remember when Mando Season 2 was going to feature less Mando and focus on other characters at times due to Pedro Pascal fighting with Disney over showing his face?

Remember this?

View: https://twitter.com/cathyyan/status/1267251978108878848?s=46&t=35_mOnGTEEe_M5hLsYlR3A

I was a viewer until a year or so ago when her arrogance while fighting with Yan soured me and I realized I was standing up for someone I didnt believe had "tegridy" anymore.

That site is also a comicsgate, transphobic shithole, they did a "story" on the new Quantum Leap a couple days ago being "too woke" and blaming it's "failing" on it or whatever.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
So they're gonna completely do DCU from the ground up, with a young new Superman as the centerpiece, but use a Batman from a previous continuity and one who's old and has been Batman'ing for a while?

What?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Not Grace Randolph. Fuck her especially after what she said about Pamela/Tim Allen.

What is this about? I saw someone post a few weeks back that it seemed like she was trying to better herself after some of her old garbage takes.

Edit:

She is a fucking lunatic.

Jesus Christ.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I 100% unironicaloy would love Will Arnett in a live action Batman role. I think he could make a great Bryce Wayne, and I think if the tone of the movie was a little lighter (though not to the level of Lego Batman or the Adam West series) it would be awesome.

Or honestly just fuck it and make something that's live action Lego Batman in tone with him. Might be the only way we'd ever get the more fantastical villains like Clayface in a movie ;_;

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I feel like there's 0 chance this is true. All of those would be awful choices, if it's a slightly older dad Batman I see him more around his early-mid 40's to have Damian make sense.

Fuck it, have Pedro Pascal Batman.

Feb 16, 2022
I feel like there's 0 chance this is true. All of those would be awful choices, if it's a slightly older dad Batman I see him more around his early-mid 40's to have Damian make sense.

Fuck it, have Pedro Pascal Batman.
I'd love that but it truly would reach parody levels for Pascal IMO. lol

I guess my dream of Winston Duke Batman is dead

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I would hope not everyone in the list is far too old. Also its not fucking Kilmer the dude can't even talk let alone get in Batman shape.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Person known for making completely unsourced remarks about stuff about superhero franchises says a thing, other person "known" for making completely unsourced claims about a different superhero franchise "backs it up".

Status
Not open for further replies.