• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It came from a pastebin that talked about PS5 specs and plans and seemed ridiculous

Then Cernys interviews last month? They confirmed everything said in the pastebin. From PS5 specs to when they'd talk about it (last month)

This pastebin post also spoke about GTA6 releasing in 2020 on PS5 as a launch title. It said Sony paid Megabucks for one month exclusivity.

Very likely all totally bollocks, especially when it comes to corporate wrangling that can fall through at any time. The PS5 plans were not long after the leak (so were much more likely to be accurate)

What in the actual fuck?

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
Liberty City, Vice CIty and Los Santos aren't geographically connected though

they'll make them connected. with massive RDR2 style natural landmasses in between. hell they can copy+paste tons of scenery for all i care, RDR2 is so gorgeous i wouldn't mind seeing similar areas in GTA if it means they can save dev time.

just imagine leaving a next-gen Liberty City to drive far into the wilderness to explore/hunt/photograph etc on your way to a next-gen Vice City... drool

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It means no worries, for the rest of your days...

Isn't that akunama... I see what you did there.

Los Santos, Vice City, Liberty City

giphy.gif

I've stopped venturing into the speculation threads because it's filled with absolute nonsense. There was a post there saying how Cerny was lying because another exec said something is 2014 or some bs. But this right here, this blew my mind. The type of news you're not really expecting to see on a random Sunday.

That said, I need to say the following doesn't contain any bias but if Sony or MS pick up GTA6 as an exclusive even for a week... That is a gargantuan problem for every other competing platform.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Is GTA6 gonna be like GTA5? Cash in on the late gen consoles install base... then cash in again on next gen consoles?

I don't really want a cross gen GTA again. :/

But I understand how much money they would leave on the table...so oh well. Cross gen it will be.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
This would probably be too much stuff, even for next gen, but I would love a GTA that had the entire GTA US. I remember seeing someone make a mock-up of just that. While it was awesome, it had too much empty space. My dream would be that such a game would not only include Liberty City, Vice City, Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas, but several new cities. In my mind, it would essentially be a three-by-three grid of cities. First, the east coast would be Liberty City, a new DC analog, and Vice City. Next, the center of the country would be a new Chicago analog, Las Venturas (even though Las Vegas is much further west), and a Dallas or Houston anaolog. Finally, the west coast would be a new Seattle or Portland analog, San Fierro, and Los Santos. There would, of course, be an interstate system connecting the cities. Each city's airport would be inter-connected as a means of fast travel. You could, of course, drive if you wish.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Wake me up in 2021 when they announce It in a teaser of 1 minute or less that shows the enviroment with a voice over of an unknown protagonist; and then in September/October of 2023 when they finally release It after several delays
Ah, the nostalgia. I was in my sophomore year of high school when that first GTA V teaser dropped (probably younger than most here), and I was so, so excited. I've never been more hyped for a game since GTA V. Everyone I knew was getting it, that game was such a worldwide event. I hope R* manages to replicate that hype with the sequel.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Is GTA6 gonna be like GTA5? Cash in on the late gen consoles install base... then cash in again on next gen consoles?

But I understand how much money they would leave on the table...so oh well. Cross gen it will be.

It costs way too much to produce to have it as just an early console lifecycle game.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
The twist is Vice City is set in the 80s, Liberty City in the 90s and Los Santos in the 2000s and as you switch between them the story is revealed in pieces throughout time.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, the nostalgia. I was in my sophomore year of high school when that first GTA V teaser dropped (probably younger than most here), and I was so, so excited. I've never been more hyped for a game since GTA V. Everyone I knew was getting it, that game was such a worldwide event. I hope R* manages to replicate that hype with the sequel.
Yeah me too, the wait for GTA V after R* released the teaser killed me. I speant two years straight reading rumors, browsing GTAforums, and playing past games of Rockstar.
After all that, I was depleated, now I try to focus on the moment and since 2013 I've never had so much hype for a game. Not even RDR 2, I was expecting It but not with the same infatuation

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah me too, the wait for GTA V after R* released the teaser killed me. I speant two years straight reading rumors, browsing GTAforums, and playing past games of Rockstar.
After all that, I was depleated, now I try to focus on the moment and since 2013 I've never had so much hype for a game. Not even RDR 2, I was expecting It but not with the same infatuation
I was 13 years old when the teaser dropped and lost my shit like any 13 year old interested in video games, I was already a regular cringeposter on GTAF because the rumors were starting to spring up about a new GTA game. Think I got banned by the time the game actually released over something stupid but fun times were had. A new GTA today would be a global event.

Nemesis-T Type

Alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
I was 13 years old when the teaser dropped and lost my shit like any 13 year old interested in video games, I was already a regular cringeposter on GTAF because the rumors were starting to spring up about a new GTA game. Think I got banned by the time the game actually released over something stupid but fun times were had. A new GTA today would be a global event.
What do you think about the trailer for GTA 4?

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
Liberty City, Vice CIty and Los Santos aren't geographically connected though
They all have airports - I could see you getting on a plane, having a short cutscene play to hide the loading, and then seeing your character touch down in another city where you can take a cab (maybe uber in GTA VI?) to your next destination.

Another poster mentioned adding a giant landmass full of wilderness to connect the cities but I worry that might take up too much time/resources or be barren and devoid of interesting things to do on a consistent basis. Could be trivialized as well if you're allowed to fast travel between cities in this hypothetical scenario.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't buy it, Can you imagine how much that would cost?
They might as well make a AAA game for the money it would cost.

I think install base plays a huge factor. There was a press release about RDR2 on PS4 and it broke every record.

Biggest day 1 on PS4
Most preordered PS4 game
Highest Digital
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technol...n-2-second-biggest-entertainment-launch-time/

Add to that the grossly lopsided % of worldwide sales on PS4...

And I don't think Sony has to pay as much as we might presume. Especially if the game is so closely aligned with PS, in terms of sales, by default.

I don't think it's going to happen but if it does the gaming community will burn and era will lose more than a few members in the resulting threads.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given how insanely successful GTAV was by relaunching 1 year into the generation and basically being the defacto game you buy with your console, I wonder if they try replicate that again next gen.

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I looked into this a little more and the source seems to be this twitter page here https://twitter.com/9teen8e5 which is following some video game marketing page that is only following the account where the pic is from. https://twitter.com/VG_Marketing

Looking through the photos posted shows some from E3 2015. E3 wasn't open to the public that year and a reverse image search showed no matches. There's also a photo that has a Take 2 logo.

9y9QFIP.jpg
Nice find, also the last thing that guy posted as "final tweet" was see you in Miami, kind of like a hint

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Anyone claiming or wishing that any GTA will take place outside of the US has completely failed to understand what the hell GTA is actually about.

And don't @ me with GTA London, we all know that ain't canon.

Feb 10, 2018
I think install base plays a huge factor. There was a press release about RDR2 on PS4 and it broke every record.

Biggest day 1 on PS4
Most preordered PS4 game
Highest Digital
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technol...n-2-second-biggest-entertainment-launch-time/

Add to that the grossly lopsided % of worldwide sales on PS4...

And I don't think Sony has to pay as much as we might presume. Especially if the game is so closely aligned with PS, in terms of sales, by default.

I don't think it's going to happen but if it does the gaming community will burn and era will lose more than a few members in the resulting threads.

PS5 install base probably won't be that different to the scarlett platforms in the first year.
Plus MS would try to outbid Sony even if they were not serious just to raise the price, so the deal would probably collapse.
A marketing deal is likely but not exclusivity.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It would still be a giant leap over V visually and in terms of the sheer increased geometry of the World.

But yeah. Keeping VI for next gen would be preferable. Missing a potential 180 million customers is just being stupid though especially after V's sales over two generations.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
What do you think about the trailer for GTA 4?
I watched it after I had played the game and I thought it was brilliant. A time-lapse sequence of a next-gen Liberty City along with some great music that almost gives you goosebumps worked incredibly well. You also got your first glimpse at the protagonist which was a Eastern European immigrant made it all the more interesting.

PetyrBaeless

Apr 3, 2019
I looked into this a little more and the source seems to be this twitter page here https://twitter.com/9teen8e5 which is following some video game marketing page that is only following the account where the pic is from. https://twitter.com/VG_Marketing

Looking through the photos posted shows some from E3 2015. E3 wasn't open to the public that year and a reverse image search showed no matches. There's also a photo that has a Take 2 logo.

9y9QFIP.jpg

I want to believe.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
yo did you guys miss the hint about a new Bully game.. he literally, randomly, capitalizes Bullys