• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
y08xtwsvypm21.jpg

According to a Reddit user, someone on a group chat sent them this. The source is shady at best, so I understand if this post needs to be locked. This does line up with EA Access expanding to another platform, like EA said at the beginning of the year

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/commen..._psn/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Good news if it's finally happening but it's a little bit silly that it's taken this long. Was a bad idea to block it in the first place.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
They kind of hinted something about a new platform for their service last time I heard, but that can easily be photoshopped.

So that's probably a Maybe Real, Maybe Not. \o/

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
EA did in fact tease the EA Access program joining a new platform. makes sense it is for the PS4.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
I wonder if the EA access sub would cross between Xbox and PS4.

Question: does it currently carry over between PC and Xbox?

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Main problem with this is you won't have access to most of the "vault" games (or whatever they call them) on PS4, cuz no BC. Getting stuff like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Dead Space, etc. for like $5 made it worthwhile to me on Xbox. I guess that isn't the only thing it has to offer, but it was all that appealed to me, so I can't see myself wanting to subscribe to this on PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
Fortaleza
Here is the current "what's new " on BR Store

GxHtY8g_d.jpg

This is a banner for the great indoor sale.

In the OP image the ad is a pre order for Division 2, it's advertising 3 days early access.

So the OP image was take before Friday.

Last edited:

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I think most of us do expect EA Access on PS4 eventually, but that really is quite a shady source.

I mean it's a matter of time right?
Yeah pretty much. I understand Sony's initial reluctance (though their public justification was silly) but I think it's now past the point where it makes sense.

I was wondering this as well. I think the library gets padded out with older games on Origin. That is fine for Xbox because of BC but the PS4 would immediately have a smaller Premier library than the Xbox and then the PC.
They have a few options here.

They could have a cross-PlayStation service that included PS4 games on PS4 and PS3 games on PS3. You'd get the same games as Xbox but would need to own and use the two consoles separately. I think that's an inelegant mess, but it'd at least push them a bit closer to having parity between the offerings.

Alternatively, they could do something with PlayStation Now. There's already several EA games there (Battlefield 4/Hardware, Dead Space 3, Mirror's Edge) - they could add the others as part of an agreement with Sony - Sony get to add the games to the PlayStation Now service, while EA Access subscribers get to play the EA games on PlayStation Now as part of the EA Access service.

Unfortunately the most likely option, I think, is option #3: they offer different amounts of games on PlayStation and Xbox, charge the same price, and don't care about the disparity.

Most shrug-worthy new feature ever for me if true. Even more so than crossplay across the board.

Where's that BC?
Backwards compatibility would be nice and all, but (if this is true) it's not like this is happening instead of it.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
The influx of PS3 EA titles to PSNow over the last two months seems a little coincidental.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
But I thought Sony was ensuring that PlayStation owners have access to the best value by not supporting EA Access?

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Remember back in the old place some people actually argued Sony was "protecting us" by not allowing EA Access? lmao

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Everyone thought the service was going to be some BS ripoff before release.
surprised it took Sony so long to come around on it after it was well received.
Weren't the "we're giving our players the best value" (rough paraphrase, please correct me if I'm misrepresenting what was said) comments made after EA Access was already out on PC and XB1?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Not a fan of EA but it's always a good thing to give players more choice. I'd probably get a 1 year sub even if it's just to play through the Single Players of the various games while playing stuff like Battlefield once in a while, for €25 a year it's great value.
The influx of PS3 EA titles to PSNow over the last two months seems a little coincidental.
PS4 games via EA Access, EA's PS3 games via Now would be a nice solution to PS4's lack of BC. I wonder if EA and Sony made some sort of deal when it comes to Access. Something like Sony allowing Access providing EA brings some of their games to Now.

Last edited:

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
The easiest solution to me for this has always been: EA Access works as an Add-On to Now. Monthly fee to PS Now subscribers increased by a couple dollars per month or an amount per quarter/year and Sony/Ea split the profit.

It's the easiest way.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I don't imagine there's much on the service that would make me subscribe but it's cool that the option is going to be there.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
The easiest solution to me for this has always been: EA Access works as an Add-On to Now. Monthly fee to PS Now subscribers increased by a couple dollars per month or an amount per quarter/year and Sony/Ea split the profit.

It's the easiest way.
how about this.
you can buy EA Access, you will get access to all the regular PS4 EA Access games plus the PS3 titles of EA Access will be playable through PSNow. you will get access to this selective list of EA Access titles out of the entire PSNow library.
if you instead purchase PSNow as a whole you also get EA Access bundled up.
this is basically a way for sony to improve pricing of the service for the consumer.
also if you only buy EA Access you will still need to get plus, otherwise if you buy the entire PSNow such a requirement wont exist.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
What if people only want EA Access?

EA Access would naturally have to have an imprint in the Now backbone for PS3 streaming of games from that era. I'm not sure it's much more difficult than you can make a selection in the EA Access application, then it loads the stream from PS Now to start the game. Just brand it, "EA Access vault powered by PlayStation Now" or something.

There's a lot more I would do if the PS OS wasn't so static on this point of launching games, but that's how I would do it.

how about this.
you can buy EA Access, you will get access to all the regular PS4 EA Access games plus the PS3 titles of EA Access will be playable through PSNow. you will get access to this selective list of EA Access titles out of the entire PSNow library.
if you instead purchase PSNow as a whole you also get EA Access bundled up.
this is basically a way for sony to improve pricing of the service for the consumer.
also if you only buy EA Access you will still need to get plus, otherwise if you buy the entire PSNow such a requirement wont exist.

Essentially what I was meaning to say. You buy Access alone, you get titles that launch through Now. You have to purchase PS Plus for online.

You buy Access bundled with Now, you pay a couple dollars, but no Plus cost and no extra app.

Ideally, i'd say there is no separate apparatus. You go into PS Now to launch EA Access library and choose the downloads or streams you want.

In the future, I legitimately don't see a need for PS Now to be a separate application as it is today. At a certain point, it's just the store/library overlay of how you pick your games to play. But that's other ideas I have for redoing the PS OS itself.

Last edited:

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone thought the service was going to be some BS ripoff before release.
surprised it took Sony so long to come around on it after it was well received.
Some people did think that the service was dubious value initially, but I think it was obvious that wasn't the reason why Sony didn't allow it. They're totally fine with other subscription services appearing on PS4, and some of them have really questionable value - things like the Eurosport app or the ATP Tennis app. The unique thing with EA Access - and the reason that Sony probably disallowed it - is that it's a game subscription service that would be competing with Sony's game subscription services.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Some people did think that the service was dubious value initially, but I think it was obvious that wasn't the reason why Sony didn't allow it. They're totally fine with other subscription services appearing on PS4, and some of them have really questionable value - things like the Eurosport app or the ATP Tennis app. The unique thing with EA Access - and the reason that Sony probably disallowed it - is that it's a game subscription service that would be competing with Sony's game subscription services.

To be sure, it was terrible value to start.

But yeah, it was very much a financial decision on someone's part that said "we don't think this service is valuable enough for what it would cost us to have it."

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what the hell is this leak, but all I want from that Access shit is to play Dead Space and Mass Effect on my damn PlayStation 4. Give me that.