RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
Nah, I think enough damage has been done to gaming after the last remaster of a classic Blizzard game.

Kelanflyter

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
France
Actugaming is not one if the bigest but is quite reliable, it s not a clickbait machine

also knowing that the actual blizzard was once the French Vivendi Sierra blizzard , having sources in France is quite logical

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
I only want a Starcraft Remaster treatment with tons of QoL changes.

I'd be happy with this. All I really want is 4k resolution with a massive stash size (Plugy big) and all online content to be available in single player (Ubers, torches, etc). For online play doing something about bots would be nice.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Incase anyone is wondering, Warcraft 3 reforged is still fucked and they've added almost none of the features that existed for 17 years that were cut in the remaster.

So, at least they're outsourcing this?

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah I'm good. If I where Activision I would fire everyone who is responsible for managing Diablo and completely reboot the team work structure. That an arpg cant be made in a timely fashion in this day and age is just not acceptable.

Its actually embarrassing how they handled the ID since DII 20 fucking years ago.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
watch it be online only
D2 effectively already was. Offline mode was totally separate and only the real one, battle.net mode, was continually supported and updated. Totally fine by me to have such a game online only with no local data storage. I don't want another PS3 Diablo 3 scenario with heavily modified items even carrying over to PS4. (Similar happened on X360 and XOne)

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Will this mean all digital copies of the original Diablo 2 is about to erased from existence?

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Hope they don't fuck it up like they completely destroyed Warcraft 3 Reforged.

That game is still not feature complete, 3 months after launch. While the old version can't be played anymore.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Based on their last 'effort' I can only assume it will be online only, not allow you to use Gomule, and your stash size will be restricted to pre-lord of destruction levels of uselessness.

The irony being that Diablo 2 could easily benefit from a modern update. Make the imbuing/respec/socketing functions something that you pay for with gold, instead of being rewards that come too early or too late to be useful and actively discourage experimentation. Give us a massive stash that is shared across all characters so set items are not useless and we don't run out of space for our gems by act 1. Give us a more D3 style difficulty system where damage and enemy health increase, rather than just making every enemy immune to fire. And have a classic mode for people who want the original experience.

I've been replaying Diablo 2 during quarantine and using 3rd party applications to add in the QOL elements that diablo 3 added to the series and it is crazy how much better D2 is now than it was or Diablo 3 is.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Feels weird people are comparing this to Reforged. Vicarious Visions had nothing to do with that I would assume, right?

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I JUST installed D2 last week and was going to buy it for a friend but I couldn't believe its $20 after all these years!

As much as we hate Blizzard, I'm pretty much going to get this... VV did an awesome job with helping out with Destiny

Riesenfass

Oct 29, 2017
Diablo 2 is one of my all time favorite games. I've put a ton of time into it over the years.

After the WC3 fiasco, I'm going to do a wait and see with this.

I've been replaying it for the 1000th time this year in anticipation of the 20th anniversary.... it's been patched to run on windows 10, just add Sven's glide wrapper and it's great.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
D2 effectively already was. Offline mode was totally separate and only the real one, battle.net mode, was continually supported and updated. Totally fine by me to have such a game online only with no local data storage. I don't want another PS3 Diablo 3 scenario with heavily modified items even carrying over to PS4. (Similar happened on X360 and XOne)
no offline single player = no purchase.

That's the rule for me.

If I can be booted from a single-player game due to a wifi hiccup... that's beyond pointless.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Am I the ony one still boycotting Blizzard
Nah my dude, I'm not planning to ever give them my money again until I see real changes. And to be honest, after the train wreck that was Reforged, I'm not missing out on much.

But yeah, there's like half a dozen of us tops, especially after Diablo 4 was announced.
Considering D4 appears to be built on the same God-awful philosophy of limited available abilities, and worse yet, many of which having cooldowns, I'm not even interested in it.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
please be good

D2 is still the best game in the franchise, I don't see even D4 topping it

Teddie28

Nov 2, 2017
I gave up waiting for a Diablo 2 remaster after the Warcraft 3 debacle and just decided to play through Diablo 2 LOD with PlugY. It still holds up extremely well, and is an incredible game. It made me realize how trash of a game Diablo 3 is in comparison. If anyone is tired of waiting for the remaster, I'd say don't be afraid to play the original because of its technical limitations. It still looks good even in 800x600 scaled up to full screen (with glide wrapper to solve w10 stretching) and the plugY helps with the limited stash issue.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Would love a good remaster, but looking at Reforge I have my doubts.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
If this is true it probably means that Diablo IV is still more than 3 years away.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Please be true. Would be a nice stop gap until Diablo IV.