King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Like imagine if EA posted a picture of Christopher Judge in a mocap suit holding a Vendetta chain along with alpha footage of a Blazin' move with the clarification that that's as far as the true followup to FFNY got. That's the level of heartbreak I'm imagining TF fans are going through.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
tumblr_inline_p7jnnr8V8k1r1xzjr_500.gifv

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Like imagine if EA posted a picture of Christopher Judge in a mocap suit holding a Vendetta chain along with alpha footage of a Blazin' move with the clarification that that's as far as the true followup to FFNY got. That's the level of heartbreak I'm imagining TF fans are going through.

I just finished TF2 for the manyith time last week. This news is a dagger to the heart.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That is a nice bullet point list. And TF 1 and 2 we're awesome. So... Fuck.

I wonder why exactly it was canned. Like, was it just not working out or a fear that it wouldn't sell well enough regardless of how good it turned out?

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Playing as Blisk doesn't sound fun but I'm down with the rest.

Oct 27, 2017
Why was this cancelled?

I thought Respawn was EA's golden child, and brings them all their money?

How could this be so troubled that they'd toss away something with Apex brand power on it?

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
More evidence that we are in a bad timeline. This sounded awesome. :(

I really hope we eventually get a single player game in the Titanfall/Apex universe. Between Titanfall 2 and Apex Legends, I've really grown to like the series and characters.

Wrench

Jan 19, 2022
Would this be a bad time to post my Etsy store link for Hairshirts and girdles made for the Titanfall community?

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
They robbed us of DOOM Eternal inspired's Titanfall spiritual successor.

I'm not doing well.

KeenTallGadwall-max-1mb.gif

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
This is what happens when you bleed all your talent... so sad, this was the game they kept hyping forever.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry, people here said Titanfall 3 wouldn't sell because there's no interest so it's a good thing it was cancelled

/s

mangrilla

Aug 28, 2020
Washington, DC
I just played TF2's campaign this week and man I would have loved this.

They did such a great job making BT a fun companion in such a short campaign. Man, I hope this idea gets revisited.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda don't want most Apex characters showing up in my Titanfall. That said, I'll take any Titanfall in any shape or form.
I can see why they'd want to do it. Even if they eventually spin up development on another Titanfall game after this, I kind of feel like using Apex Legends characters and elements is almost guaranteed so that they can try to court people who play AL but never tried Titanfall. Especially since the first two games (or maybe just the second one, idk) didn't sell as well as they wanted them to.

I'd prefer they stay separate too (even with them being in the same world and sharing characters), but I get why they'd try to merge the two from a marketing perspective, and I do think there's probably some neat stuff they could do mechanically by tying the Legends into it.

Ultimately, like you, as long as they keep the mechs and wallrunning, I don't care what they do. I just want more Titanfall god damn it. 😭

Sambumbia-PR

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
Cancelled sequel to Titanfall hurts a lot. Inspired by Doom Eternal just kills me. I just hope it was cancelled because the team wasnt feeling it and not because of some exec's money forecast.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Even with all that.... Still no piloting mechs?

EDIT:

Even with fucking all that.... Still no piloting mechs? 😡

Alexa, play "Vandalize".

www.youtube.com

Sonic Frontiers - Vandalize [ONE OK ROCK] (Metal Cover by Little V)

My Metal Cover of Vandalize, the ending credits theme of Sonic Frontiers by ONE OK ROCKGet the song here👉 https://ffm.to/noognem👇Follow me here!👇https://f...

Last edited:

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
I fucking knew clicking this thread would make me sad.

Why did I click it.

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
Now I really need to know why this was cancelled because holy fuck I am very mad and sad at the same time

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
I would've preferred a more direct sequel to 2. The IMC-Frontier War plus lore has so much to offer.

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
Yeeeep. First thing I thought.
Motherfuckers.

Gonna need more details on how and why this got canned. It had to have sucked….right??
The game's director left last year. Early projects die all the time when the person championing it leaves, maybe they couldn't get it on track to hit milestones.

Cancelled sequel to Titanfall hurts a lot. Inspired by Doom Eternal just kills me. I just hope it was cancelled because the team wasnt feeling it and not because of some exec's money forecast.

Tends to be both a lot of the times. If a game isn't hitting milestones and shaping up well and internal dates keep slipping, play test feedback is bad, etc, calls have to be made.

Last edited:

V23

Oct 27, 2017
They cancelled it because they decided to just make Titanfall 3, right? Right?

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want Titanfall 3 more than just about any other potential game right now. But I have to imagine that if Respawn thought this was gonna be something good at this stage they would have thrown their weight around for it. Sometimes games sound good on paper and they just don't come together. This could have easily been that. I'm sad that this attempt didn't come together and hopefully EA does see the fervor over this news as a sign to keep trying.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
i bet you everything if you played as old man blisk w/ BT, there'd be a underlying plot of trying to find old man cooper and then you'd have a reunion scene with BT and cooper and cooper and blisk give each other solid bro nods and ah fuck that shit wrote itself and we're still not getting it