Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2018
The inclusion of multiplayer makes it sound like a Warner Bros game, oh boy.
I can't wait to hear how they are somehow gonna make this game fit with the Arkham series timeline.

thecouncil

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
"Aims to be GOTY" is very funny.

But so is "Will launch on October on Halloween midnight. Could Be delayed to November" if you think about it.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would be great to finally have a much larger world, all of the previously released games had small worlds and you had to glide literally only for a few seconds to get to an adjacent Riddler challenge or another activity.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I'm done with the Arkham games for quite a while.

Not sure why with Spider-Man selling gangbusters, they don't try on other superhero properties that haven't received the AAA treatment yet. DC has a pretty great roster to choose from.

Feraligatre

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I browse Arkham forums a lot and I'm telling you right now this is downright fake. We see these things surface a couple times a year ever since news came out about WB Montreal back in 2016. The Court of Owls is usually the theme and it's always laid out in this bullet point format that tries to get very specific. A leak will never say something like "aims to be GOTY". This is padding people try to give their false claims to try to make them seem more specific and thus plausible. The internet has become the intersection of easily being able to fabricate false information, and recipients lacking the ability to critically vet information.

I believe there is a new Arkham game in the works, and I believe it likely ran into some development issues because Arkham Knight had such a polished engine, much like the transition from AC to AO, it should have only taken 2-3 years. Other than that I'm not willing to bet on anything.

Here are some previous "leaks":

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/9l8npa/rumor_dcs_arkham_universe_rocksteady_batman_game/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...please_stop_with_the_arkham_insurgency_stuff/

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
If the leaks are true it would seem the batmobile (as well as the batwing) would be required to fly around a map bigger then gta.

I hope they bring the batmobile back, remove the tank shit and just give me an awesome car to fly around the streets in. How are they going to tackle pedestrians etc would be an issue .

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
If they don't refine they awful figthing system which locks in a fighting stage like DMC games (at least DMC combat is good) with its confuse nad horrendous combo system, not a great way to evade enemies and redundant moves without even having a chance to evade such fights eventhough the game is open world then there is no way they gonna win GOTY. Such games normally must focus on combat which is their essence. Spider-Man greatly nailed it and there is no wonder GOW GOTY thanks to that.
They surely will use UE4 like MK11 otherwise I don't want any clone of the previous games.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Riddler trophies weren't that bad. I remember finding and solving all the riddles in Asylum and City.

Not sure how I feel about the huge world unless they give Bats a jet pack or something but why would they if the Batwing is replacing the Batmobile.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
An open world setting can still do that. It can actually help sell the idea of Batman slowly losing control of a city he thought he knew. The more you dig deeper in investigating the Owls the more you see the city around you turn. The story starts with Bruce talking about how much he loves Gotham. The player should also share that same affection for Gotham.

My point is you can convey they without neeeding all of Gotham. I think you can convey that even with a small section of Gotham, but the more there is the better.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Wait, this thread is still open? WOW.

This is one of the most obviously fake "rumors" I've seen in years.
Don't waste your time with this one people.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Great news, plan on replaying the Trilogy(And maybe Origins) so this will be all for reason.

AudiophileRS

Apr 14, 2018
I'm hoping the next Batman game is next gen, I want as few open games as possible being held back by those jaguar cores.

TheVoidDragon

Jan 16, 2018
Even the name and the reason for it sounds false. Arkham Asylum was called that because it took place in Arkham Asylum, Arkham City because they turned the whole City into Arkham, and Arkham Knight was because that was the characters name because he was created there. They all had reasons that had something to do with Arkham.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
This sounds absurd. I don't doubt there's more Batman but I doubt everything else a "tester" would speculate here, including a delay.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Now that they're making an animated Batman Beyond movie, I'm totally convinced we're gonna get a game about it some day, if not sooner. I hope to god this next Arkham is a Beyond game because the more I read this "leak" the less convincing it is. Hasn't Jason Schreier come out and debunked this yet?

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Day time Gotham?
Bigger world than GTAV?
Side quests that are longer than the main acts?

Absolute bullshit. What a terrible 'rumor'

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was almost sold on this until I read "1.7x larger than GTAV".

The level of specificity gives it away.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
""Aims to be GOTY 2019" how can you possible aim for it?
Reminds me of Rocksteady before the launch of Arkham Asylum. They said they`re aiming for 90+ metascore or something like that. This is no different... if true, of course. Every developer and publisher wants (and surely most try) to deliver GOTY-material, so this is not shoking news.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Hell, if TLOU2/Cyberpunk/Tsushima/DS aren't out this year this game may as well be my GOTY the way this year is going
Anyway, regarding the leak, I do think that WB Montreal will announce and release a game this year that will be Batman related (that will sell millions no matter how much people on ERA are fatigued of Batman games, don't kid yourselves), but whether this "leak" is real or not...eeeh

I feel like a new entry into the Arkham series could give those games a run for their GOTY money.

VERSAT1L

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Montréal
Reminds me of Rocksteady before the launch of Arkham Asylum. They said they`re aiming for 90+ metascore or something like that. This is no different... if true, of course. Every developer and publisher wants (and surely most try) to deliver GOTY-material, so this is not shoking news.
Don't try to make sense out of it. It's false until proven wrong. The list doesn't make any sense...

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Yea we will see. Lots of questionable sources recently for a lot of rumours posted here.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
So, like Oscar bait, we now have Game of the Year bait? Weird. I mean, I hope it's good and all but that's an odd statement, sounds like something a suit with absolutely zero know-how in development would say.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Why is everyone so hung up on the GOTY comment? It makes sense to me.

As much as we probably like to think otherwise - only certain genres of games have a chance at winning the overall GOTY each year. Racing or fighting games don't win. Open world or cinematic action/adventure games do. Genre is half the battle, and the Arkham series already has that going for it, so the studio knows that GOTY isn't off the table.

On top of that, I would imagine that they're emphasising aspects that they know reviewers typically like. Maybe this one will have a more emotional story, for example? Are we all ready for Batman to have a child companion lol? Just like some films aim for the Oscars, you could definitely make a GOTY-bait game if you really tried.

Finally, the publisher is presumably giving the devs the time needed to really polish the game in ways that should hopefully secure a 90+ metascore. That's the other half of the battle.

Oct 26, 2017

As much as we probably like to think otherwise - only certain genres of games have a chance at winning the overall GOTY each year. Racing or fighting games don't win. Open world or cinematic action/adventure games do. Genre is half the battle, and the Arkham series already has that going for it, so the studio knows that GOTY isn't off the table.

On top of that, I would imagine that they're emphasising aspects that they know reviewers typically like. Maybe this one will have a more emotional story, for example? Are we all ready for Batman to have a child companion lol? Just like some films aim for the Oscars, you could definitely make a GOTY-bait game if you really tried.

Finally, the publisher is presumably giving the devs the time needed to really polish the game in ways that should hopefully secure a 90+ metascore. That's the other half of the battle.

Are you sure you aren't also getting hung up on the GOTY comment? Because the whole rumour sounds like nonsense even without the GOTY comment.

If the rumor said it was based around the Adam West series I'd be more inclined to believe it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I just wish we got a confirmation of what they are actually making,

Arkham Origins 2 - in 1000%
Suicide Squad - most likely in
Damian Batman - buy when it gets discounted unless its incredible.

timrtabor123

Feb 11, 2019

Interesting post that could warrant its own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.