Columbus, OH
EF90fd8XoAELmWF.jpg

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
i guess they believe it's only a crime if there are real consequences

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
The gist is, Rudy is trying to convince the world that his communications with Ukraine weren't just at the behest of the President, for personal gain. He's ATTEMPTING to rope in the whole State Department to demonstrate, "look, see?! It was official US business, simply to investigate Ukraine corruption, not just aid in federal elections."

This argument is weak in the wake of Trump's own release of the memo, where interest in Ukraine President is solely for the purpose of election interference, and Giuliani's play at making his communications seem officially State Department sanctioned, only make it clear that the State Department was aware of Trump/Rudy pressuring Ukraine for information on his political rival.

Nothing released from Giuliani indicates that the State Department ORDERED Giuliani to investigate corruption. And if that actually happened, there would be a clear memo/paper trail of official business. The fact that Giuliani/the State Department can't produce this probably means it never happened, and this is just blatant corruption.
But that's the thing, this strategy doesn't make any sense. Roping the State Department into the crisis isn't exactly protecting the President, it just widens the scandal while also keeping it in Trump's lap.

If Rudy is just trying to save himself, ok...maybe I can see doing all of this. But Trump is still pushing him out there, so he must think that Rudy is helping.

None of this makes sense. It's like a great big attempt at gaslighting everyone.

Oct 25, 2017
Rudy's trying to make sure he's not the administration's fall boy is the only thing I can think of.

It's the only way what he's doing would make sense.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Rudy straight up dropped a lit flare on the gasoline puddle he was standing in. What an incredible display of idiocy and overconfidence.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of the legality of the topic at hand, are these fucking morons using text to conduct official day to day government business as well?

Oct 28, 2017
Rudy straight up dropped a lit flare on the gasoline puddle he was standing in. What an incredible display of idiocy and overconfidence.

What's strange is McConnell and Barr were pushing Trump to release the whistleblower report. These people are running the highest levels of this country and they do that.

The only explanation is they want to torpedo Trumps reelection.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CORRECTION: THIS IS NOT SPEEDRUN WATERGATE

This is LASO WATERGATE, NO SAVES, NO CHECKPOINTS, GRENADES ONLY

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
Rudy is going out as a legend. Holy shit.

He sold out Volker and then said, No no no, dont' blame Volker. Look at Soldland. This is amazing, I love it.

Show them all the receipts Rudy. It is like Rudy knew all along what he was doing. Who hurt you Rudy? Point to them.

Oct 28, 2017
Remember in childhood when you thought people were in positions of power because they were smart, trustworthy and capable?

Then you hit adulthood and you realize the most powerful people in the world are bumbling dunces who get absolutely everything wrong and that it's some sort of miracle that we haven't all been killed by the incompetence of our supposed leaders?

Growing up is terrifying.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe he thinks he can be the hero if he outs everyone else right before shit hits the fan, the problem is the shit is already sprayed all over the room

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My take: they're opening the floodgates of information in a bid to get the House to vote to impeach by the end of this year rather than have them drag this out right up to the 2020 election.

They believe impeachment helps their 2020 chances, but an ongoing shadow of it hurts.

possibly. Allows him to say see they tried to remove me and failed. Powerless, corrupt dems, etc.

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
And the Biden camp was dumb enough to say news outlets should stop booking Rudy. No, they should book him more. He's giving you everything you need for impeachment, and constantly expands the scope of the conspiracy.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it. Are his brains and agendas that twisted that he thinks that this is all clears him and others...? "In fact I was furthering [their objective]"

What's the catch here?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've come up with only three rational explanations:

-Rudy's trying to fall on his sword to save Dear Leader Teump

-He's suffering from senior dementia

-A little from column A, a little from Column B...

Oct 27, 2017
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Did he just tweet out a fucking PHONE NUMBER for someone involved in the conspiracy?

I.... I just..... sigh...

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
So has Giuliani gone completely rogue? Has Trump made a statement supporting or denouncing Giuliani (either for the actual ukraine stuff or just for constantly leaking stuff as of late).

It feels like Giuliani is trying to implicate as many people as possible to make sure he doesn't end up like Oliver North ...

... you know, with a lucrative contract consulting on Call of Duty.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like it hasn't occurred to him that just because a bunch of people know that doesn't make it legal.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
tired: wow, can't believe 6ix9ine outed Giuliani as one of the trey bloods
wired: wow, can't believe Giuliani outed 6ix9ine as a Ukraine deal co-conspirator

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
If I could face plam any harder, I'd be shoving my brain through the back of my head. Holy shit this guy is dumb.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
What's strange is McConnell and Barr were pushing Trump to release the whistleblower report. These people are running the highest levels of this country and they do that.

The only explanation is they want to torpedo Trumps reelection.

I think they want to trick the base into believing these are normal transactions by being "transparent"