• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
It's the best competitive multiplayer game introduced this gen, can't really think of any others.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game was incredibly addicting at launch. I haven't played a match since mid 2016 so to think it's even better is actually a little scary

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
It's the best shooter I've ever played and frankly, if it somehow managed to survive for another ten years I'd still be playing it. No other FPS makes kills feel more satisfying to an overall win and likewise makes deaths feel that much more punishing.

It's up there with For Honor for me. Both exemplary games in their respective genres. Both very unique and unlike anything else out there.

I'm really sad the For Honor competitive scene didn't take off as an esport.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I've thought about giving it a shot because it looks fun as hell, but I'll admit I'm concerned that I'll be damn useless after hearing about how steep the learning curve is. Especially since I'd likely play by myself and don't have any friends who'd be interested in checking it out.

There is a newcomer playlist now for new players that places you in a matchmaking pool with other new players until something like level 50, and also reduces the amount of maps in the rotation so it's easier to learn. It's definitely daunting now with all the new content they've added over the years so the newcomer playlist was a good idea.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
My game of the generation.

People who don't play the game simply don't know what they are missing out on, plenty of people who are not involved int he community think it's a slow tactical shooter. But idespite the slower movements, it's secretly one of the fastest shooters this gen in terms of pacing. You have 3:30 min long rounds and in that time you have to plan, gather intel, attack/defend, as well as communicate all that info all the time to your teammates and work witht them to succeed. The game requires lightning fast decision making and the aiming requires lightning fast reflexes as well as it's basically a game of headshots.

The game also has more variability than basically any other game out there due to destruction, and imo a small map in Siege has more complexities than even a large Battlefield map because of that where the destruction isn't so micro level that you can make peep holes across several walls. It's basically a game where attackers are constantly under threat when inside and vice versa for defenders.

Siege is also a game where everything relies on intel, and intel has a shelf life of like 5 seconds and that's how long you have to act on that intel. That by definition makes Siege the opposite of a slow game. It's more of a game with fast paced tactics, out thinking the enemy and exectuion.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Despite the shit they get, Ubisoft is one of the best publishers in the industry

Yeah. You can go in to nearly every Ubi title this gen and know you're going to at least have a decent experience. Their "tower" system and maps with 57271957462 things to do gets grating, but generally you *can* just go from main mission to main mission if that's what you want. Their post-launch support is also very good.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
For Honor and Rocket League would be my choices for best multiplayer games this generation.

I really hope For Honor gets a next-gen sequel with 60 fps support allowing for identical balancing between PC/console versions.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
It's my game of the generation (GOTG). Incredible what Ubi accomplished. It's a weekly thing for me and my friends, absolutely love it. I just think the monetization is a bit awful. I mean they could give Alpha Packs for each win and I'd never see the end of cosmetics.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
For me, of course. I know many of you like these vast open worlds of new AC games.

But I just fell in love in Siege after returning to the game couple of weeks ago (after ~2 year break). The gunplay, the possibilities, the strategy, tense gameplay, learning maps and then knowing exactly where to look and how to approach - this is so freaking engaging. Gameplay-wise it's perfect for me. And it's the best example of fixing something that was barely working at release day.

I also love how it's teamplay oriented but I feel like I can really play very well with randoms - right now I feel like less and less people are trolling etc because of possible penalties. I just think devs don't really have much more good ideas for Operators because every archetype is already filled. I wonder if there's maybe a sequel possible? I would love to play something similar but in different time perdiod, Cold War for example. The same gameplay but without gadgets and cameras would be interesting.
We're getting 50 more operators. At least that's what they envisioned.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Bought the PS4 version at release and played it until year 2 but put it down to play other games. Ended up trading in my disc version back then and only just bought the digital version on sale yesterday to play with the missus. Still fun as hell to play though all this battle pass and apex ticket stuff is kinda cheap looking.

Actually the menus in general have a cheap look about them now, I think I prefer the original look. All this hipster looking shit going on like Watch Dogs 2 now. So many new operators that I have no idea about, some of them look kinda wacky and created for the sake of it though. Won't get to play as many of them anyway as they're still a rip off to unlock.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Played a little bit when I had Uplay Plus. It was fun but I could tell from the training missions alone I would just be liability for any team I'm on.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Played a little bit when I had Uplay Plus. It was fun but I could tell from the training missions alone I would just be liability for any team I'm on.
It's just a learning curve, everyone starts somewhere. The training missions are honestly kind of shit at teaching you anything about how the game is ACTUALLY played, they're good for showing you how to utilize gadgets and whatnot but for real multi it mighta s well not matter what you learned in those.

Siege is by far my game of the gen. It's 100% in my top 5 of all time. I started during Velvet Shell after avoiding it because of the poor beta, and man...it's night and day even from back then, let alone beta.

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
I don't like to talk about "Best" since everything is very subjective, but i love Siege too, with Rocket League it's my most played game of the last 3 years on PC, i've been playing it online with friends almost daily and i can't see me stopping anytime soon, i would love a sequel with RTX support, new engine and operators

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
I've heard the pc community isn't the toxic cesspit that console is. Is this true?
Never played it on console, but here on PC there are also toxic players like in every other game, i often play in team with my friends and always in ranked match at gold level so most of the time people try to cooperate and play well, but i've been playing it for 3 years at all levels and there is definitely toxicity around

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've heard the pc community isn't the toxic cesspit that console is. Is this true?
I'd say it's fairly average toxicity for an online game. It attracts more toxic people than, say, Overwatch, because it's got the whole tactical sim shooter on steam aspect, but they also do a better job of trying to curb it than most games. So like, you run into it but it's certainly decreased over the last 2 years heavily. But when you hit it OOF it's gross. So the highs are plenty high and the lows are plenty low when it comes to that. I'd say as long as you can tolerate just muting/leaving a game and moving on with your life once in a while you'll be fine.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Shame the terrorist hunt didn't get the same attention. It's not as fun as it was in the other games. Not at all.

Xalbur

Mar 30, 2019
I gave it a go back when uplay+ was free, probably the only game that made me want to keep a sub, but at that point I should have just bought it.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Shame the terrorist hunt didn't get the same attention. It's not as fun as it was in the other games. Not at all.

I was surprised when I played Terrorist Hunt over the weekend that you couldn't select game mode and map. Has this always been the case? I could have sworn that you could pick what map and mode you wanted back at release. Now it's always just random.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could get into Siege. Now, admittedly, I haven't especially tried, but I've been scared off by how experienced the current playerbase seems to be, and how I have no friends who play it at all. Also, I lack a mic. Shame there's no bots (right?).

mnemonicj

Oct 27, 2017
Honduras
I'm not even an FPS fan, but Siege is probably the best game I have ever played.
It is definitely my most played game in my whole life, it's basically the first time I've ever even cared about my play stats.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
I wish I could get into Siege. Now, admittedly, I haven't especially tried, but I've been scared off by how experienced the current playerbase seems to be, and how I have no friends who play it at all. Also, I lack a mic. Shame there's no bots (right?).
This discord will come in handy:
discordapp.com

Join the Rainbow 6 Discord Server!

The Rainbow 6 Discord. Keep up with R6 game news, Siege esports, find teammates, and chat about all things Rainbow Six! | 690542 members
It's always active and there are hundreds of thousands of people in it at all skill levels.

Edit: Buy a damn mic. This is a team game!

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was surprised when I played Terrorist Hunt over the weekend that you couldn't select game mode and map. Has this always been the case? I could have sworn that you could pick what map and mode you wanted back at release. Now it's always just random.
You can always set custom games and you can set which modes are active in your prefs. Most people set it exclusively for terrorist Hunt Classic, which is just attacking and killing everyone, good for aim practice.