• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
You're applying logic, but a lot of cis people fell for this especially folks not familiar with trans people because FARTs can weaponise fear of sexual assault as appeals to emotion rather than logic. Mainstreaming bigotry is their goal, and they're relying on the ignorant public to swallow the coded talking points quickly enough before they use critical thinking.
Yeah it makes little sense. The second article is written by a trans woman though, I'm not quite sure the thinking there, why would you want to push for more exclusion with separate locker rooms for trans people and possibly end up being completely shut out in the many scenarios where there are no such rooms available?

I live in a very free country so I think it's better if humanity in general just try to not be so incredibly uptight about nudity. But that's just me.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
There is such a transphobia problem in the UK - it's hugely prevalent in the media even among people who are otherwise left-wing. It has been said before in the thread but cannot be overstated.

It always amazes me just how brazen they are about publicly broadcasting their transphobia. They just can't resist leaping in to spout their bigotry at every opportunity.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
"Life choices", "totalitarian", "understandable concern", "trans rights debate", "female sports", "male-bodied", "diversity in political views". Absolute checklist of the most surface level stuff that gets spewed out. Tim Stone really sounds like he's read about four articles from TERFs and decided he's clued up enough to throw in with them and demand "respect for the gender critical position".

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
"Life choices", "totalitarian", "understandable concern", "trans rights debate", "female sports", "male-bodied", "diversity in political views". Absolute checklist of the most surface level stuff that gets spewed out. Tim Stone really sounds like he's read about four articles from TERFs and decided he's clued up enough to throw in with them and demand "respect for the gender critical position".
I don't understand what their solution is, can't just be critical without thinking of the consequences. Where are trans people going to go if the general public aren't welcoming them? Another country? Being openly critical about people is always dangerous no matter if it's about sexual orientation, gender identity, skin color, religion etc etc since it can quickly make it okay to be hateful against other people. And the world really don't need more of that, the biggest problems the world has gone and are going through originates from mindless hatered.

fluffy pillow

Sep 12, 2018
I don't understand what their solution is, can't just be critical without thinking of the consequences. Where are trans people going to go if the general public aren't welcoming them? Another country? Being openly critical about people is always dangerous no matter if it's about sexual orientation, gender identity, skin color, religion etc etc since it can quickly make it okay to be hateful against other people. And the world really don't need more of that, the biggest problems the world has gone and are going through originates from mindless hatered.
Honestly their solution is for us to either live miserable lives without transitioning, or die. The goal is to make it so difficult for us to exist publically — forcing trans women to use men's facilities and thus exposing us to staggering and everpresent violence, for example — that we have no choice but to never leave our homes or simply never transition if we want to survive. Hell, trans women have UTIs at a much greater rate than the general populaltion because we already have to be extremely careful about what public facilities we use, and often it's simply safer to hold it in until we get home or to work or to another "safe" bathroom.

I remember a Tweet that went around a while ago, asking what trans people would do if there we no cis people, just for one day. One of the most common answers was: "go swimming".

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
never really got RPS. i think it might have been because walker rubbed me the wrong way as he could be an absolute knobhead, but the site never really seemed to go anywhere.

unfortunately as many have alluded to we have a huge problem with terfs in the uk press - it's fucking dispiriting all the back channeling and organising that goes on around publishing 'gender critical' articles and supporting that position in the name of both-sidesing it when really it's just a way to elevate terfs voices whilst smothering the trans community.

also let's not include zacny in the same breath as these chuds. he's a honey and hugely supportive of trans rights, he wouldn't be a member of the waypoint team if he were otherwise.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Unfortunately I don't have much faith that RPS will release an official response to this or even cease giving the guy work.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly their solution is for us to either live miserable lives without transitioning, or die. The goal is to make it so difficult for us to exist publically — forcing trans women to use men's facilities and thus exposing us to staggering and everpresent violence, for example — that we have no choice but to never leave our homes or simply never transition if we want to survive. Hell, trans women have UTIs at a much greater rate than the general populaltion because we already have to be extremely careful about what public facilities we use, and often it's simply safer to hold it in until we get home or to work or to another "safe" bathroom.

I remember a Tweet that went around a while ago, asking what trans people would do if there we no cis people, just for one day. One of the most common answers was: "go swimming".
Oh god that last part really hurt to read :(

The gender critical ideas are clearly coming from "omg there is a dick dangling in the ladies locker room gaaah!1!" (Sorry for the bluntness :s) but I honestly doubt that it would be a problem in a real world scenario, and as always people probably just pretend to be prudes online to create an argument when it's something else they have issues with instead.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Trans people tell him how he's being harmful, he responds by ignoring and dismissing their voices, doubling down on the TERF articles he has chosen to instead listen to, and saying that opposing bigotry aiming to oppress and deny people their human rights is totalitarian. He respects trans people though!

I don't get people like this, and hope RPS eventually doesn't either.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Still waiting on an official response =/
It's Sunday so guessing not to expect anythng – if anything comes at all – until tomorrow on. You can contact RPS directly through the email on this page, if you want to let them know directly of concerns around having a staff member deem Gender Critical talking points deserved of respect.

fluffy pillow covered it well in her response but to really underscore that there is no real 'solution' here, in the traditional sense. They just want trans people to be forced into the shadows; to have everyone seen and understood as their biological sex. Until that point they will prod, poke and push against anything that's 'scary' enough to galvanise support around that goal. Many of which, like I linked earlier, are just recycled arguments that were thrown against gay people in years past. There's no concern for fact here, just anything that could sound legitimate enough on a surface read for people to adopt and throw at us. From fearmongering around predators in bathrooms to bone density and 'pummeling' cis women in sports, their aim is to poison the well of discourse and perception around us to help facilitate a hard line between trans people and them. To make others fearful of us or believe that we, in our existence, are a threat to others so that – as fluffy pillow said – we are further forced to stay hidden in the closet.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Obviously they think that yelling at transpeople loudly enough will make them reconsider their transness and turn cis.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
They just want trans people to be forced into the shadows; to have everyone seen and understood as their biological sex. Until that point they will prod, poke and push against anything that's 'scary' enough to galvanise support around that goal.
It's such a dangerous mindset to display openly, especially when it comes from public figures who people could actually listen to. And honestly, it really says a lot about their thought process, or lack of it, when these ideas in general seems to come from women, like JKR, who should know well enough what it's like to be excluded and treated with inequality. Guess they forgot about that part while being busy with illogical hatred.

Sidenote: Was feminism always at the other end of the spectrum or is this just a smaller new radical feminism that just started spouting nonsense at a corner?

OP
OP
Messofanego

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's Sunday so guessing not to expect anythng – if anything comes at all – until tomorrow on. You can contact RPS directly through the email on this page, if you want to let them know directly of concerns around having a staff member deem Gender Critical talking points deserved of respect.
Just emailed them after having tweeted them in the morning.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's super lame that we as a community have been in the news so much this year....and almost none of it have been about us be it for good or bad, it's always people that hate us.

Ya know maybe if we are so terrible, we would be in the news for the negative shit we haven't done instead of us being used as a platform for bigots to push an agenda.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
That's disappointing, RPS and John Walker are the most progressive PC centered site I know and they caught a lot, A LOT, of heat for standing up for plenty of racial and gender equality related issues especially when gamergate started.

Hopefully they rectify this. I don't think the site is privately owned anymore and John Walker and Kieron Gillen have long since left right?

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
With the whole ridiculous sports argument, isn't there no evidence that there's any great advantage? To my understanding the extra muscle mass allowed by male testosterone levels doesn't last that long with HRT?

And even if there is some slight difference for the 0.1% of athletes that compete at high levels, it has no effect on human rights. It's a ridiculous bad faith argument.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
With the whole ridiculous sports argument, isn't there no evidence that there's any great advantage? To my understanding the extra muscle mass allowed by male testosterone levels doesn't last that long with HRT?

And even if there is some slight difference for the 0.1% of athletes that compete at high levels, it has no effect on human rights. It's a ridiculous bad faith argument.
Here's some quick quotes I have to hand from discussing Fallon Fox with a TERF here earlier:
Both sex hormones are necessary for bone health as once they decline (as in hormone therapy for a transsexual person), bone density begins to be lost. This is because, without the influence of the hormones, the cells which break down bone begin to work faster than the cells making new bone, so a deficiency in bone density occurs.
If an individual is on female hormones, and she's been on them for several years, the hormones decrease the muscle mass, bone density, strength, libido and aggression. Those things are attributed to testosterone, and if she no longer produces testosterone, then she would have the level that an average female would have.
Most measures of physical strength minimize, muscle mass decreases, bone density decreases, and they become fairly comparable to women in their musculature. After as much time as has passed in her case, if tested, she would probably end up in the same muscle mass category as her biologically born female counterpart.
bleacherreport.com

Fallon Fox and the Culture of Ignorance Within MMA

If you have even a passing interest in the day-to-day happenings in mixed martial arts, you have no doubt heard about Fallon Fox , MMA ’s first transgender athlete. The story has been discussed ad nauseam over the past ten days or so...
www.bloodyelbow.com

Bloody Elbow - UFC, MMA and Boxing News

Bloody Elbow has been a leading voice in combat sports since formation in 2007 and has earned a global reputation for expert analysis, opinion and news.

Just emailed them after having tweeted them in the morning.
Nice one, thanks friend. Appreciate what you do to keep these things in the general consciousness.

It's such a dangerous mindset to display openly, especially when it comes from public figures who people could actually listen to. And honestly, it really says a lot about their thought process, or lack of it, when these ideas in general seems to come from women, like JKR, who should know well enough what it's like to be excluded and treated with inequality. Guess they forgot about that part while being busy with illogical hatred.

Sidenote: Was feminism always at the other end of the spectrum or is this just a smaller new radical feminism that just started spouting nonsense at a corner?
It unequivocally is. You need only look to Rowling and her spread of such views as believing transition to be akin to gay conversion therapy, to as wide an audience as she does, and the affect it has on trans children:
We say it now with permission from those involved. Without giving personal detail, without betraying confidences, we must represent the seriousness of the situation. We are aware through our work with families that there have been cases of self-harm and even attempted suicide following J.K.Rowling's statements and the public response on social media and in the press. Surely this must cause us all to pause and question the way young trans lives are being debated in public.
mermaidsuk.org.uk

A call to J.K. Rowling - Mermaids

Please understand the impact of your public statements on trans people. Warning: please be aware that the following post discusses issues which may cause distress. Today, J.K.Rowling re-stated her position on transgender lives. We have previously reached out to her both publicly and privately...
It's abhorrent but yet even in this instance she's still seen as some martyr and supported by celebrities, large amounts of people and media alike. The feminism one is a deeper answer and one that others are likely more equipped to broach than myself. Anything I could offer would be based on the articles I've read so I'll try and find a few good ones that go into it later and link them for both your and my benefit.

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
If you take this Position serious for a second, what does "gender critical" even mean? Is it just being a contrarian for contrarian sake? To be negative and enable Road blocks for people who already have a lot of Road blocks?

Like seriously, what does such a Position even stand for or what are its value?
Does not even Sound right when you try and take it as a serious face value.
if I recollect correctly, it boils down to "there are no differences between the sexes beyond the obvious ones, it's all social constructs", and so they oppose gender expression, identity and whatnot.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
It's super lame that we as a community have been in the news so much this year....and almost none of it have been about us be it for good or bad, it's always people that hate us.

Ya know maybe if we are so terrible, we would be in the news for the negative shit we haven't done instead of us being used as a platform for bigots to push an agenda.
Furthermore whenever it does happen to be about us, it's often based in whether we should be feeling upset or whether it's even a valid frustration to have. Whether something is actually transphobic or not and if so, how it was really meant. Then whether any frustration we do display is "helpful" to us. It's rarely centred around the problem itself, only our reaction to it. Whether that's boiled down to be about a mob, cancelling someone or dismissed as a 'boycott', when it's more just not wanting to interface with things that perpetuate harmful sentiment about us. Which shouldn't be too surprising I guess, when we're seen as political tokens instead of people, and our ability to live as we are is deemed an "understandable concern" worthy of debate.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Starting to wonder what a lot of folks thought the T in LGBT stood for at this point, with how they go out of their way to be arseholes to the trans community.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Starting to wonder what a lot of folks thought the T in LGBT stood for at this point, with how they go out of their way to be arseholes to the trans community.
Given the ever increasing divide in the community and those whose activity feel T should be split off from the LBG I've slowly begun to wonder how long before it splinters and less of if.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Its such an insane position to be like "Well I think you should respect my opinion that trans people shouldn't exist or have rights its just the civil thing to do!''

Like holy shit fuck off.

OP
OP
Messofanego

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I feel for the trans members who engaged with Tim assuming he was in good faith, but it turned out he was using respectability politics to silence trans voices and making inflammatory accusations that they're being "totalitarian". It was a waste of energy.

fluffy pillow

Sep 12, 2018

Time to start keeping a scoreboard with two columns: one for when the news is about something a trans person has done or has had done to them, and one for when the news is about things people pretend to be scared we might do. Ratio of 1:10 at least.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Time to start keeping a scoreboard with two columns: one for when the news is about something a trans person has done or has had done to them, and one for when the news is about things people pretend to be scared we might do. Ratio of 1:10 at least.
Even that ratio is frankly very generous of us to assume we account for a tenth of the stories.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
It's strange how some of these left wing feminist types want to draw a line in the sand and not share the space with others. Their concerns seem to be concocted and really they feel the feminist movement or their womenhood status is being nudged aside a bit and don't want to give any inch.

These people are trying to keep other fellow humans from doing sports, activities and to be afraid, which is very damaging. I feel more light needs to shed on the whole stance from these groups in the higher echelons of media and walkthrough the points to show they have no points.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017

I'm sure the sports argument is a hot potato for those interested, if we talk about having equal chances in certain sports where it's important to build muscle mass etc then a trans woman during transition would very likely have an advantage in women sports.
But to be brutally honest, I don't care. Not when it's used as a counter argument to keep people oppressed. And there are inequalities in sports as it is anyway if we look deep into genes etc.

randomlee26

Oct 27, 2017
Why do TERFs always hide their transphobia in pseudo-philosophical nonsense?

Trans rights are human rights.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Given that Tim's actively crusading in the comments, I hope RPS actually speaks out about this. I've never doubted their progressive stance, but their response on this will be quite telling.

Tim Stone is a transphobe and him being platformed by RPS would be bad.
Good response from Waypoint's Rob Zacny in the comments:

Sin Vega (a former RPS writer that is for some reason still listed as 'Staff' on the bottom of RPS's page) is fighting the good fight, too. Edit: Also Natalie Clayton, former RPS contributor. (I'm still reading through all of it :x)

And for anyone unaware, Rob Zacny has contributed to RPS for some articles, back in his freelance days.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'm sure the sports argument is a hot potato for those interested, if we talk about having equal chances in certain sports where it's important to build muscle mass etc then a trans woman during transition would very likely have an advantage in women sports.
But to be brutally honest, I don't care. Not when it's used as a counter argument to keep people oppressed. And there are inequalities in sports as it is anyway if we look deep into genes etc.
I know it's unintentional but even that first sentence – giving some lenience to the GC concern around matters like sports – is a tad frustrating. There are mandatory periods of time post-transitioning before trans women can compete. As has been mentioned trans women have been allowed to compete in the olympics for over 15 years and have never won a medal. I'll repeat again the quotes from medical professionals in the case of Fallon Fox; an MMA fighter that drew controversy when she won (it was fine when she lost) since it's in relation to the type of sport you reference:
Both sex hormones are necessary for bone health as once they decline (as in hormone therapy for a transsexual person), bone density begins to be lost. This is because, without the influence of the hormones, the cells which break down bone begin to work faster than the cells making new bone, so a deficiency in bone density occurs.
If an individual is on female hormones, and she's been on them for several years, the hormones decrease the muscle mass, bone density, strength, libido and aggression. Those things are attributed to testosterone, and if she no longer produces testosterone, then she would have the level that an average female would have.
Most measures of physical strength minimize, muscle mass decreases, bone density decreases, and they become fairly comparable to women in their musculature. After as much time as has passed in her case, if tested, she would probably end up in the same muscle mass category as her biologically born female counterpart.
bleacherreport.com

If you have even a passing interest in the day-to-day happenings in mixed martial arts, you have no doubt heard about Fallon Fox , MMA ’s first transgender athlete. The story has been discussed ad nauseam over the past ten days or so...
www.bloodyelbow.com

Bloody Elbow has been a leading voice in combat sports since formation in 2007 and has earned a global reputation for expert analysis, opinion and news.
This isn't some topic that's not being broached for convenience around trans athletes, it's one that's been considered. Like bathroom access and all the other points the framing from Gender Critical adherents is around positioning this as some newfound issue that has to be discussed before things occur. Instead of them having been discussed and them having occured without issue up until now.

Worth noting as well that guidelines are also not ones that solely affect trans women. There are cisgender women who have also been barred from competing unless they take drugs to suppress their own testosterone levels, because they count as being too high to compete in female sports. It will be a topic that continues to be discussed but the lines that are being drawn for trans women put them in a range where cis women are also facing exclusion without intervention. So the nature of the Gender Critical fearmongering is baseless in suggesting that trans women can just 'choose to become a woman' to gain an immediate and signficant advantage in current competitions. The discussion is more around what testosterone levels should be considered fair as a whole, to which then the requirements will also apply to trans women post-transition.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
It's strange how some of these left wing feminist types want to draw a line in the sand and not share the space with others. Their concerns seem to be concocted and really they feel the feminist movement or their womenhood status is being nudged aside a bit and don't want to give any inch.

These people are trying to keep other fellow humans from doing sports, activities and to be afraid, which is very damaging. I feel more light needs to shed on the whole stance from these groups in the higher echelons of media and walkthrough the points to show they have no points.
Yeah I don't understand their stance at all tbh, isn't it a bit strange that people who has spent their whole life fighting for women rights are so fast to exclude trans women of their rights? 🤔

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's unintentional but even that first sentence – giving some lenience to the concern around matters like sports – is a tad frustrating. There are mandatory periods of time post-transitioning before trans women can compete. As has been mentioned trans women have been allowed to compete in the olympics for over 15 years and have never won a medal. I'll repeat again the quotes from medical professionals in the case of Fallon Fox; an MMA fighter that drew controversy when she won (it was fine when she lost) since it's in relation to the type of sport you reference:

bleacherreport.com

www.bloodyelbow.com

This isn't some topic that's not being broached for convenience around trans athletes, it's one that's been considered. Like bathroom access and all the other points the framing from Gender Critical adherents is around positioning this as some newfound issue that has to be discussed before things occur. Instead of them having been discussed and them having occured without issue up until now.

Worth noting as well that guidelines are also not ones that solely affect trans women. There are cisgender women who have also been barred from competing unless they take drugs to suppress their own testosterone levels, because they count as being too high to compete in female sports.
Ah didn't know this, thanks for the summary! I'm not into sports tbh, it just annoys me when hatred starts being normalized enough so people can speak openly about it or when it's conveniently tucked away into some other thing people care about to not have to show what they really think.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Ah didn't know this, thanks for the summary! I'm not into sports tbh, it just annoys me when hatred starts being normalized enough so people can speak openly about it or when it's conveniently tucked away into some other thing people care about to not have to show what they really think.
For sure and I appreciate that a large part of how effective the GC rhetoric is, is in putting things out that there can 'make sense' at a glance. It's just – as with a lot relating to the body and people – it's seldom the case that something like us, our bodies and identities can be boiled down into simple statements. So when you look into the science behind these cases you begin to appreciate the affect that hormone therapy has on the body, and how it does allow for the diminishing of physical advantages commonly thrown out as being the reason why we shouldn't compete.

Similarly GC people – and this ties into your other post – refuse to acknowledge trans identities with any validity. If we're straight then it's deemed that transition is the new gay conversion therapy. If we're lesbian then we're just heterosexual men that like make up and want to prey upon cis women. It doesn't matter what logic you bring to the table because it's all predicated on a feeling of "I don't like this" and built up from that rotten foundation. Which is why the debate isn't about testosterone levels for competing women across the board, but "men" being prevented from "pummeling" cis women in sports on a whim.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Man, its pretty wild how ingrained transphobia seems to be (or rather how open people are about it?) in the UK.

Its just not really something I would have expected. Well, I never did until a few years ago anyway.

OP
OP
Messofanego

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Given that Tim's actively crusading in the comments, I hope RPS actually speaks out about this. I've never doubted their progressive stance, but their response on this will be quite telling.

Tim Stone is a transphobe and him being platformed by RPS would be bad.

Sin Vega (a former RPS writer that is for some reason still listed as 'Staff' on the bottom of RPS's page) is fighting the good fight, too. Edit: Also Natalie Clayton, former RPS contributor. (I'm still reading through all of it :x)

And for anyone unaware, Rob Zacny has contributed to RPS for some articles, back in his freelance days.
Glad to see former RPS talent fighting the good fight.

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Ah, that fucking sucks. While I wasn't a huge fan of his writing personally, I no longer feel comfortable reading or watching things from RPS as this stands. (I mostly liked their YouTube channel, tbf)

Former RPS contributors (Sin Vega, Natalie Clayton, Rob Zacny)

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

A refreshing response to read indeed. Appreciate him and other former writers pushing back on this.
Thanks for highlighting these, went and read them and put them below for ease of reference for others:

screenshot2020-11-08a5ljo9.png

screenshot2020-11-08as1k59.png

------
screenshot2020-11-08a1gkvc.png

screenshot2020-11-08ac1jfh.png

screenshot2020-11-08am9jzw.png

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Hope the rest of the RPS staff can provide a clear response here. To me, the only acceptable one would be to give Stone the boot, anything less would come across as condoning this transphobia.

I will also wait on their reaction before judging RPS as a whole. That being said, the site is a shell of its former self, early 2010s RPS was really fun and enjoyable to read. It's also hard to underestimate how many people they helped to get into games media by way of freelancing. It would be sad to see them become a platform to an openly transphobic bigot.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I'll repeat again the quotes from medical professionals in the case of Fallon Fox; an MMA fighter that drew controversy when she won (it was fine when she lost) since it's in relation to the type of sport you reference:

This quote becomes even more interesting when we remember that professional sports have very little women that produces testosterone in an average female level

Nov 4, 2017
I know it's unintentional but even that first sentence – giving some lenience to the GC concern around matters like sports – is a tad frustrating. There are mandatory periods of time post-transitioning before trans women can compete. As has been mentioned trans women have been allowed to compete in the olympics for over 15 years and have never won a medal. I'll repeat again the quotes from medical professionals in the case of Fallon Fox; an MMA fighter that drew controversy when she won (it was fine when she lost) since it's in relation to the type of sport you reference
This is such an important part of these "trans women in sports" arguments that needs more attention: nobody gives a shit when trans women do not win. It's not an issue that sports are often dominated by cis women with testosterone levels far higher than trans women on HRT. It's not an issue that cis men and women are exposing themselves to all kinds of health risks and problems through hormone and drug cheating (every major sport has steroid and drug cheating). But as soon as a trans woman wins something, it's time to have a talk about having a level playing field!

And these people obsessed over giving cis women a level playing field are suspiciously quiet when it comes to fighting for gender balance in politics, business, health, education, media representation... Hmmmmmmmm....

At the end of the day, professional sport is just people playing a game for the entertainment of others. It 👏 does 👏not 👏 matter. Making trans people feel included and valued does.

OP
OP
Messofanego

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
A refreshing response to read indeed. Appreciate him and other former writers pushing back on this.

Thanks for highlighting these, went and read them and put them below for ease of reference for others:

screenshot2020-11-08a5ljo9.png

screenshot2020-11-08as1k59.png

------
screenshot2020-11-08a1gkvc.png

screenshot2020-11-08ac1jfh.png

screenshot2020-11-08am9jzw.png
If he was here, he would be rightfully banned for transphobic concern trolling from the get go. Are there no moderators for their comment section or are they not seeing the issue?

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Every time I see a complaint about "diversity in respect of political views", it's from a complete asshole. Every. Single. Goddamn. Time.

Shamash

Nov 25, 2019
Brazil
Sent them an e-mail about this. They've taken a lot of stances in favor of progressive causes/against hatred and bigotry in the past, and i hope this will be another of those, otherwise i'll have to read my videogame stuff somewhere else.

Last edited: