• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Rest In Peace. Roy was the same guy attacked by the tiger in 2003.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I wasn't too familiar with him, but I Siegfried and Roy has been a name that's been around my entire life. It definitely feels weird to see those names disappear more and more as I get older.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
RIP

Man none of these seems real. We will probably have 100k deaths before the end of the month.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
RIP Roy dang

And what's with everyone thinking they were both dead? Trust me, you would've known had that been true. Absolute monsters in their field.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
well i'll probably catch a ban for this but so be it...

good riddance to a life long animal abuser.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't thought about Siegfried & Roy in ages, but I can remember when they were getting constant attention.

75 was a pretty good run.

R.I.P.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
RIP. Definitely a legend, and also a lesson about forcing wild animals to perform. Sooner or later you will get fucked up.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Was just watching a documentary on Siegfried and Roy the other day after the Tiger King fuss blew up. Wow

Valkyr Junkie

Oct 27, 2017
i was just reading a CNN article talking about Simpson's predictions, and one of them mentioned Siegfried & Roy. I hadn't thought of them in ages and went to eat up and was like "Roy died........ today?" Then I Googled it and saw it was just announced. Crazy.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
i was just reading a CNN article talking about Simpson's predictions, and one of them mentioned Siegfried & Roy. I hadn't thought of them in ages and went to eat up and was like "Roy died........ today?" Then I Googled it and saw it was just announced. Crazy.
I truly believed the both had passed years ago, I thought for sure Roy didn't make it through the tiger attack back in the day. Either way RIP, another death from this shitty virus

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
well i'll probably catch a ban for this but so be it...

good riddance to a life long animal abuser.
I don't know specifics. Were all their animals not handled well? I'm guessing they were treated like how a zoo or conservation would? Minus the using them on stage part, of course. Honestly probably a complicated topic to dive into. But like I said, idk much about their animals just that they owned a lot.

But yeah, honestly, if you have good info on this - you can make a thread about it. I mean, timing wouldn't be great tho. I do believe it's against forum rules to celebrate someone's death in a thread solely about their passing. Someone else can probably clarify.

I guess what I'm saying is maybe you have a point, but this ain't the thread for it, buddy.

Last edited:

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rona out there claiming everyone, except the ONE fuck that deserves it.

Rest in peace.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Noooo. I've never actually seen their show but would associate them with fond memories of Vegas trips with the family in the 80s and 90s and always seeing their names and faces all over the strip.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
RIP

Was reading an article about this on CNN and I read that Roy believed the attack on him from Mantecore (the white tiger) was due to a reaction of him having a stroke and ultimately the tiger was his life saver. Has anyone read any more about this or was this maybe more of a positive belief after the fact trying not to believe it was just a mindless attack on him?

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
RIP

Was reading an article about this on CNN and I read that Roy believed the attack on him from Mantecore (the white tiger) was due to a reaction of him having a stroke and ultimately the tiger was his life saver. Has anyone read any more about this or was this maybe more of a positive belief after the fact trying not to believe it was just a mindless attack on him?
Mantacore's handler says otherwise. That Roy fucked up the trick pretty much and didn't do the usual method of getting Mantacore back up to speed after the fuck up. Long story short, Roy cut corners and it cost him a ton.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
If you're going to make that claim, provide some links. I googled the subject and only found stories about the tiger who attacked Roy.
well one can argue even under the best circumstances those exotic animals are abused by just being part of a show like that.
But i won't judge anybody as an animal abuser without more information.

RIP

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I swear this is a big Mandela effect, everyone I know besides one believes this.

People think they're dead, because Roy got mauled on stage by a tiger and it left him permanently paralyzed and they never performed again. many people remember the mauling and that it ended their show, and thus assume he was killed in the attack.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
RIP Roy

.....and that note says he smuggled a damn cheetah aboard a cruise ship? That sounds....somewhat irresponsible lol.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
RIP. Of course they were animal abusers, but at least they have the lame but somewhat valid excuse that they started their gig in a time when society didn't think in those categories.
They were never as big here in Germany as they were in the US, they were more celebrated for becoming big stars in the US than for their actual craft.

It would be interesting if somebody did a history of the phenomenon of exotic animal ownership in the US because I would love to know if and how their success helped pave the way for those antics.