• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Was this the statement put out by the players that they wanted the NFL to read? I couldn't tell if it differed significantly.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
I wanted to see every single NFL employee and player all kneel during the national anthem at the very first NFL game whenever they resume.

GenericUser

Banned
Jun 4, 2020
"Keep supporting our high paying plantation, we will let the slaves errrr players kneel from now on"

Mar 30, 2019
If these past 3 and a half years revealed anything, it's that we deserve actual fucking apologies. Directly invoke Colin Kaepernick's name and ask for forgiveness properly. None of this wishy-washy bullshit. Own your mistakes.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And lmao at still not mentioning the one player who been telling y'all old fucks about these issues.

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
Saying this after its become socially acceptable to stand with the blm movement means nothing. They had there chance to stand up years ago they cowered away once Republicans came crying about the flag. Until they fully apologize and admit that they blackballed Kaepernick from the league i dont want to hear shit from this league.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017

"Now that a large majority of people support this movement, it is profitable for us to support it too!"

EZxKx-XVAAMCZDo

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
Fuck it The NFL should say that they are willing to cancel this season if there's no Police reform or even threatened to move teams to cities that are willing to do police reforms!

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Donate a ton of money, allow and support players to kneel before the anthem, and tell trumpers and racists who have a problem with it to fuck off.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people want Kaep in the NFL like that would make everything right? The NFL is a racist org. He shouldn't want to be a part of them at this point.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
....because the winds changed, but they are a money making organization. Unrealistic to expect anything else.

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
If the NFL wants me to seriously think they care about PoC, they'd start a Committee/Board for the Prosperity and Protection of Minority Football Players, hire Kapernick at the QB salary a player like him would be getting paid in the league right now had he not been blackballed, to sit on the board of the committee along with other prominent non-Caucasian players and dump millions into.
Then, that committee gets a seat at the table with the other 32 owners, with the same power, privileges, and voice as the rest. Have them oversee outreach, culture and partnerships with minority communities.

Also set goals to have minority representation in Coaching, Front Office Staffing, and team ownership. X% representation by 2022, 2025, 2030. Also internships.

Then dump millions more into black communities, start countrywide initiatives to bring up youth minority groups. Nationwide scholarship programs, etc.

I want to see Roger Godell kneeling in front of Kapernick and other black players as he hands them the check and apologies in person.

i know this will never happen, but its what should happen. The NFL has profited billions at the expense and endangerment of non-white players.

This still won't change a ton of other stuff like moving the Raiders from Oakland, the gross media double standards of black Quarterbacks in NFL sanctioned media, etc, but it just shows how fucked the org is from the core.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
keep making moves in support of this to prove you really believe it. If this is the only gesture they have, its meaningless. Continued actions in support of the movement is the only way to convince people you actually believe you were wrong, not just some lip service on social media.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"oh shit you guys were serious about black lives mattering? we thought you was just messin"

pathetic and embarrassing

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
yeah they fucked up but at least they are reversing course and moving forward in the right direction now, unlike a lot of other people. it looks like they will finally take a stand and they are a pretty big banner holder.

Maybe they can actually do some good now

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It's easy to do this shit when public opinion is on your side years later. Cowards.

Oct 27, 2017
NFL realizes being pro-protest is now more popular with the general public

Outside of a personal publicized apology to Kaepernick, I really don't believe anything Goodell has to say

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Fuck you Roger

The NFL is garbage and doesn't give a single shit about its PoC athletes.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
so now that Trump is backing Drew and saying not to kneel, again, I'm guessing he'll be posting about the nfl shortly. I guess it's war between them then.

Oct 30, 2017
They wait till the world is burning to realise how good they had it when folks were just taking a knee. NFL owners are part of the problem.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, this is proof right here that these protests are really working. Keep at it!

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
It's easy to be cynical and assume the worst; I usually do. But if you don't give people and institutions the golden road of retreat, to admit that they were wrong, these protests will be much less effective. Most of the reason people are so stubborn in the first place is to avoid public humiliation.

Yes, it's a much easier environment now for Goodell to reverse course on the peaceful protests. But that's a credit to the protests. Now give him the benefit of the doubt, but hold him to his word.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I think original NES owners will feel uneasy watching this....never thought a video clip could get me nervous like that.