Fudgepuppy

Oct 27, 2017
Andre Braugher, Lance Reddick, Reg E. Cathey, now Carl Weathers. So many fantastic African American actors dying in the last years :(

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that sucks. Always liked seeing him show up in seemingly random-ass projects all over the place.

Oct 26, 2017
Damn. Apollo was one of the most iconic characters in film history.

Loved his God of Basketball character on Regular Show

latest

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Andre Braugher, Lance Reddick, Reg E. Cathey, now Carl Weathers. So many fantastic African American actors dying in the last years :(

Listen don't jinx it. We need to build a protective fence around Bill Duke and Tony Todd; they and Carl were like THOSE Black action stars from all the movies back then.

Last edited:

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
A constant in TV since I was a kid. One of the few whom famous deaths that I gasped when I heard.

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Was just commenting when we watched it, how great and healthy he looked in the Mandalorian. This really sucks. Thank you for the memories and all the characters on film you gave to us. From Apollo Creed, Al Dillon, Action Jackson, Combat Carl, all the way to Greef Karga. Rest in peace Mr Carl Weathers.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Dammit, this hurts.

He was literally gonna be part of the press tour for that stupid Kick of Destiny too.

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
He was great in everything but I'll always think of Apollo first.
The Dancing Destroyer
The King of Sting
The Count of Monte Fisto
The Prince of Punch
The Master of Disaster
The One and Only

Rest in peace

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just rewatched Predator the other day damn

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
One of the all-time great tough guy actors, but he could really do it all. I can't think of anything in which I didn't enjoy his work, and of course Apollo Creed is a ridiculously good performance that required every bit of his considerable skillset.

He obviously still had so much gas in the tank, and seemed to love what he did. It's heartbreaking to lose him so soon.

Oct 26, 2017
One of the all-time great tough guy actors, but he could really do it all. I can't think of anything in which I didn't enjoy his work, and of course Apollo Creed is a ridiculously good performance that required every bit of his considerable skillset.

He obviously still had so much gas in the tank, and seemed to love what he did. It's heartbreaking to lose him so soon.
My family and I watched Rocky I and Rocky II in the last few months and he was so good in Rocky II we were kinda rooting for him the whole film.

Dec 17, 2022
RIP
He seemed so energetic in the last season of Mandalorian and during his appearance at Celebration last year. Damn shame… he will be missed!

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
Still shocked form this. He seemed to be in good shape. :(
Really underrated actor with very iconic and legendary roles and amazing person.
RIP, you son of a bitch and champ.

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Mr. Weathers.
I remember seeing Action Jackson when I was a kid — my uncle had a VHS copy amongst a bunch of other action movies.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
aww fuck, and ive been seeing him all over the place these days cuz of the super bowl ad he's in

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Dammit 😞

RIP

Did cancer take this king too? "Died in his sleep" always comes off as vague.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Me and my cousins grew up with Rocky and Action Jackson in constant rotation. Carl was legendary.