• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Don't they have like only 16 women who work there? So even if 7 of them signed this letter, the original claim of "more than half the women have been harassed" can be true.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
jvvwy6hgjj7y.png
Hello this is Woofingtons cousin. Frankly I am shocked and appaled that any idiot would think this image is funny.

Edit: sorry yall that was my cousin he's kind of an asshole.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
Today I've seen paragraphs and paragraphs of thesis made to protect WB Games. Blocks of text telling me how/why to protest against a parent company that is allowing a gaming studio they own doubling down in the gaslight of one of their senior writers because she stood up against sexual assault and sexual harassment at her workplace. Ignoring that WB Games instead of actually address this, kept promoting their games like absolutely nothing is happening and they don't have nothing to do with it.

If only that amount of energy was put to stand up with the women that are coming out telling their stories. Wouldn't that be nice?

I'm disappointed. Cannot say I'm surprised.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Today I've seen paragraphs and paragraphs of thesis made to protect WB Games. Blocks of text telling me how/why to protest against a parent company that is allowing a gaming studio they own doubling down in the gaslight of one of their senior writers because she stood up against sexual assault and sexual harassment at her workplace. Ignoring that WB Games instead of actually address this, kept promoting their games like absolutely nothing is happening and they don't have nothing to do with it.

If only that amount of energy was put to stand up with the women that are coming out telling their stories. Wouldn't that be nice?

I'm disappointed. Cannot say I'm surprised.
If you're asking a gamer to support anything that could besmirch anything related to their beloved games you're gonna be sorely disappointed.
There's a reason this is the hobby that served as the testing ground to make reactionaries hip.

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
To be fair, I don't believe this letter is fake. But I'm not sure they understood just how bad a look it gives for them to have posted it like this.
I don't know. If what is in the letter is true and they have made changes since 2018, then it isn't entirely bad. An official press release would still have been better.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
She not calling for a boycott herself doesn't mean that we shouldn't. Voting with our wallets and threatening to vote with our wallets is the only language that big corporations understand. If that wasn't clear yesterday, it should be clear today with Rocksteady doubling down and WB Studios doubling down, proceeding with theirs stupid viral campaign for their new Batman game. How people can't see how this is deeply connected is beyond me.

It is a sour pill to take, but one that it's needed. It's not time for celebration of WB Games and stupid game reveals. It's time for a reckoning, and yes it shouldn't be like that. But that's the situation that they put themselves in.

I'm not going to tell people how they should spend their money...you are apparently.

Things CAN be handled in a better way than just burning everything to the ground and hundreds people losing their jobs. Remember she said that maybe 99% of the people working there are great people who are very dedicated to their work.

For example, Ubisoft is currently in the process of cleaning house. They hired a third party company to come in and investigate, and are now proceeding to sack people. I believe WB Games should follow a similar process.

But by all means, you do you.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
If you're asking a gamer to support anything that could besmirch anything related to their beloved games you're gonna be sorely disappointed.
There's a reason this is the hobby that served as the testing ground to make reactionaries hip.
Homie was trying to get all of us to boycott the other WB studios who had nothing to do with this and we weren't with it. Don't get it twisted.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
I'm feeling important and powerful. It seems that because I decided to vote with my wallet and not support WB Games as long as they don't act to own their bullshit, I'm being unreasonable and a menace to the indie studio WB Games.

Homie was trying to get all of us to boycott the other WB studios who had nothing to do with this and we weren't with it. Don't get it twisted.
I'm not your homie. I'm not close to you for you to call me "extra". We clearly have very different priorities and I'm really bothered that you think you have any sort of intimacy to call me that. Drop the condescending tone and don't call me that anymore.

Last edited:

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I mean you do you.
I've seen people defend Ubisoft here so you know...
The Harry Potter thread already showed how far gamers here are willing to go to enjoy their stuffs.

I'm feeling important and powerful. It seems that because I decided to vote with my wallet and not support WB Games as long as they don't act to own their bullshit, I'm being unreasonable and a menace to the indie studio WB Games.
361343.jpg

est1992

Oct 27, 2017

I'm not your homie. I'm not close to you for you to call me "extra". We clearly have very different priorities and I'm really bothered that you think you have any sort any sort of intimacy to call me that. Drop the condescending tone and don't call me that anymore.
Homie means "Bruh" or "Dude". And acting "extra" is a thing anyone can be. I don't have to know them for someone to be acting extra. I mean you're doing it right now lol Just because you don't understand my slang doesn't mean I can't use it.

All this going after the whole publisher is just... extra. WB Montreal had nothing to do with it, but you think because they worked on a game within a franchise 7 years ago that somehow they're at fault too? That doesn't make sense. And what about TT Games? Or Monolith? They haven't done anything. If you'd actually read the article you would see that this was something kept under wraps at Rocksteady. This never made it past their higher ups into WB Games.
I mean you do you.
I've seen people defend Ubisoft here so you know...
The Harry Potter thread already showed how far gamers here are willing to go to enjoy their stuffs.
I definitely ain't doing all that. I've condemned Rocksteady on here already a few times, homie just kept ignoring it, calling me a "white knight" or whatever the fuck just because I didn't think we should go after the other WB studios who weren't involved. Like I got friends that work at the other studios. Their games shouldn't be boycotted because something happened at another studio. It ain't their fault. And by hte looks of the article, this was kept out of the reach of WB Games' Publishing as well. This falls entirely on Rocksteady.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
Homie means "Bruh" or "Dude". And acting "extra" is a thing anyone can be. I don't have to know them for someone to be acting extra. I mean you're doing it right now lol Just because you don't understand my slang doesn't mean I can't use it.

All this going after the whole publisher is just... extra. WB Montreal had nothing to do with it, but you think because they worked on a game within a franchise 7 years ago that somehow they're at fault too? That doesn't make sense. And what about TT Games? Or Monolith? They haven't done anything. If you'd actually read the article you would see that this was something kept under wraps at Rocksteady. This never made it past their higher ups into WB Games.
I do understand your slurs. And you seem to not understand boundaries. Tired of you written blocks of texts to me about this, so please stop with that as well. Done justifying to you and others here what I do with my own money.

Oh, before I forget:

Fuck Rocksteady.

Fuck Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League.

Fuck the new Batman game by WB Montreal.

Fuck WB Games.

Vote with your wallet.

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017
Can a mod edit this title to add "says they" or "claims to have" after "rocksteady"

there is absolutely no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt here, and they certainly shouldn't be allowed to make this kind of affirmative definitive statement about this issue

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I do understand your slurs. And you seem to not understand boundaries. Tired of you written blocks of texts to me about this, so please stop with that as well. Done justifying to you and others here what I do with my own money.

Oh, before I forget:

Fuck Rocksteady.

Fuck WB Games.

Vote with your wallet.
Slurs? Lmao aight.

I'll leave this last bit then. Yeah, fuck Rocksteady for what they did. High fives to the other WB studios that have great working environments.

Oct 25, 2017

Oh, before I forget:

Fuck Rocksteady.

Fuck WB Games.

Vote with your wallet.

Do what you want, there's nothing wrong with that. There's also nothing wrong with someone questioning what you said as well. Hope you take this stance with everything in life and not just when it's easier for you.

waffleboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can a mod edit this title to add "says they" or "claims to have" after "rocksteady"

there is absolutely no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt here, and they certainly shouldn't be allowed to make this kind of affirmative definitive statement about this issue
https://mobile.twitter.com/preyalways/status/1296208223658217473
"Also yes, this WAS written by the women involved. Real people, with real lives, who aren't PR trained and might not know all the best ways to say how they feel and cover all bases in case it's perceived in a certain way."

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
"Also yes, this WAS written by the women involved. Real people, with real lives, who aren't PR trained and might not know all the best ways to say how they feel and cover all bases in case it's perceived in a certain way."
If this is true, and it might be, I think this should have followed Rocksteadys own response on how they've changed since 2018.
If the women involved in the letter genuinely feel that things have improved then that's a good thing.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
Do what you want, there's nothing wrong with that. There's also nothing wrong with someone questioning what you said as well. Hope you take this stance with everything in life and not just when it's easier for you.
I'm not having people defending corporations over people, even more so in cases like this. I have no idea what you mean about the last bit.

Very weird how she seems to deny ANY wrong doing there and at same time says that she is working for 9 months there.

Also, she liking posts of people that are attacking Kim MacAskill is cringe as hell. Kim claims that she wasn't the one leaking the content of the letter.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not having people defending corporations over people, even more so in cases like this. I have no idea what you mean about the last bit.

Very weird how she seems to deny ANY wrong doing there and at same time says that she is working for 9 months there.

Also, she liking posts of people that are attacking Kim MacAskill is cringe as hell. Kim claims that she wasn't the one leaking the content of the letter.

Meant like a hardline stance like you're taking here. For example your name and the avatar you have of the Mandelorian, if that had some type of controversy or Disney had one you would boycott all of Disney's productions including teams that aren't directly involved.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
People are making the assumption that he still supports Disney. That's like saying everyone with a Rocksteady Batman avy agrees with this.
www.resetera.com

Marvel's Avengers - Beta impressions

I’m usually a single player type, and I absolutely love both aspects of the game so far. I think my biggest fear is that the story isn’t long enough, I want a meaty single player campaign, meaty multiplayer content and constant updates of single player content and "raid-like" that feel like a...

ColR100

Jan 13, 2018
If this is true, and it might be, I think this should have followed Rocksteadys own response on how they've changed since 2018.
If the women involved in the letter genuinely feel that things have improved then that's a good thing.

She's been there for nine months, I don't think one could have any idea of how the company would have changed with regards to these serious issues between 2018 up until when starting there. Of course she can state how her own experience has been since being there, but her comments and attacking Kim MacAskill directly through other peoples tweets, then stating how she's a 'Women in Games Ambassador'....it's garbage.

Last edited:

klauskorp

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota
That letter is so confusingly-written that I don't even know what to make of it. It practically smacks of legalese where you say something like "throughout this document, the phrase The Letter refers to the letter written by female employees in 2018, and This Statement refers to the current statement, released on August 19, 2020, that is in response to media reports about The Letter." I have a difficult time believing humans who aren't legal/PR would write something like that.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
Knowing who this person is, and a previous scenario with her in another company, definitely take her comments with a pinch of salt.

She's been there for nine months, I don't think one could have any idea of how the company would have changed with regards to these serious issues between 2018 up until when starting there. Of course she can state how her own experience has been since being there, but her comments and attacking Kim MacAskill directly through other peoples tweets, then stating how she's a 'Women in Games Ambassador'....it's garbage.

Anita Sarkeesian's comment of "There is no name attached and it is being published by the company who has been accused of allowing harm to run rampant within its walls but women in games are not immune to internalized misogyny and defending powerful men to attempt to gain a semblance of power for themselves."....sums her up in a way.

Yeah that rub me the wrong way as well. She is out there liking tweets about "cancel culture" and I mean WHAT THE FUCK? Who is being cancelled? Rocksteady Studios? I mean, what?

I've decided that I'm not joining the deflection campaign that has being going on, and that allowing the defense brigade to keep making this thread about me is helping them, so I'm done replying to whataboutism bullshit that keeps trying to put the focus around me.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Seems there is a valuable take-away in this argument going on here: we need to know what WB knew and when did they know it. If WB was made aware and failed to act, we have a problem. WB's silence at this point is unacceptable, especially after thi embarrassing letter RS put out.

People should be prepared to not support WB and any associated products depending on how they respond (or fail to).

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I can't really say I'm "boycotting" Rocksteady since the last game of theirs I liked was Arkham City, and I have no interest in their upcoming game. That's not a boycott, that's me avoiding their game. As for avoiding all of WB Games, everyone should do what their conscience leads them to do. It's not logical to me to punish WB Games or whatever, but if it seems logical to someone else, that's exactly what they should do. There's no need to criticize that person, and it's illogical to do so. That's their money, they should do with it what they want.

I'd also like to remind everyone that buying copies used is a thing.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't really say I'm "boycotting" Rocksteady since the last game of theirs I liked was Arkham City, and I have no interest in their upcoming game. That's not a boycott, that's me avoiding their game. As for avoiding all of WB Games, everyone should do what their conscience leads them to do. It's not logical to me to punish WB Games or whatever, but if it seems logical to someone else, that's exactly what they should do. There's no need to criticize that person, and it's illogical to do so. That's their money, they should do with it what they want.

I personally don't care what someone does with their money, it goes both ways though. Implying someone doesn't care about what happened because they aren't taking as hard a stance as you are is not helpful.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I personally don't care what someone does with their money, it goes both ways though. Implying someone doesn't care about what happened because they aren't taking as hard a stance as you are is not helpful.

You can't let that get to to you. I do think it's good to take a stance against Rocksteady's garbage actions. That they're doing more with it than me is fine.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020

Good post. Thank you.

Seems there is a valuable take-away in this argument going on here: we need to know what WB knew and when did they know it. If WB was made aware and failed to act, we have a problem. WB's silence at this point is unacceptable, especially after thi embarrassing letter RS put out.

People should be prepared to not support WB and any associated products depending on how they respond (or fail to).
I'd argue that WB Games proceeding to promote their games with virals and such while this blew up yesterday was also completely tone deaf and fucked up. I'd be way more forgiving of WB Games and Rocksteady if they actually did something that showed they were taking a firm stance against what had been revealed, however how late. Instead, they doubled down on the victim blaming, with a festival of their staff openly attacking the woman that stood up against the sexual abuse at their workplace. I mean, it's a shitshow.

Otherwise, I agree with your post.

Has anyone implied that someone doesn't care about what happened because they aren't taking a harder stance? I'm sorry, but I haven't seen that happen, who did that? What I did say and wholeheartedly stand by it is that a lot of people here seem a lot more preoccupied with me inciting a "boycott" against Rocksteady's parent company than what they have been accused of. With the amount of blocks of texts discussing my stance on this, can you tell me I'm wrong of thinking that?

Focus on Rocksteady's shitty behavior, not how I decide to deal with them being fucking assholes - and WB Games enabling them to.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
You can't let that get to to you. I do think it's good to take a stance against Rocksteady's garbage actions. That they're doing more with it than me is fine.

I don't agree with making everyone culpable, but I understand why some take that stance.

Has anyone implied that someone doesn't care about what happened because they aren't taking a harder stance? I'm sorry, but I haven't seen that happen, who did that? What I did say and wholeheartedly stand by it is that a lot of people here seem a lot more preoccupied with me inciting a "boycott" against Rocksteady's parent company than what they have been accused of. With the amount of blocks of texts discussing my stance on this, can you tell me I'm wrong of thinking that?

Focus on Rocksteady's shitty behavior, not how I decide to them being fucking assholes - and WB Games enabling them to.

It looks like I may have misread what you were saying, that's my bad if so, but some of your posts came off like that. I've seen that happen in threads that deal with these issues previously and honestly it makes me not want to post in them.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
You told me in a couple replies to get my "priorities in order" lol
And the fact that you are still failing to realize that you indeed need to get your priorities in order astounds me. There is nothing to "lol" here. This is a very serious issue with some dark shit happening like Rocksteady doubling down in the abuse allowing to trolls - and their own fucking staff - to freely and openly attack the woman that dared to stood up against them. They knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they released the tweet earlier today and the sad truth is that it worked. All it takes to see that is take a look at this thread or how viciously people are attacking Kim MacAskill on Twitter to realize that.

The fact that you keep targeting me and failing to realize that your biggest worry throughout the entire thread is how "unfairly" I'm treating WB Games and its gaming studios is appalling. I can't fathom how hard it is for you to understand how fucked up is that.

Last edited:

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
And the fact that you are still failing to realize that you indeed need to get your priorities in order astounds me. There is nothing to "lol" here. This is a very serious issue with some dark shit happening like Rocksteady doubling down in the abuse allowing to trolls - and their own fucking staff - to freely and openly attack the woman that dared to stood up against them. They knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they released the tweet earlier today and the sad truth is that it worked. All it takes to see that is take a look at this thread or how viciously people are attacking Kim MacAskill on Twitter To realize that.

The fact that you keep targeting me and failing to realize that you your biggest worry throughout the entire thread is how "unfairly" I'm treating WB Games and its gaming studios is appalling. I can't fathom how hard it is for you to understand how fucked up is that.
Lol....ol....ol

You think I don't care, but in every response to you I've stated that I do. There's nothing else more that I can do on a forum than stating I care. It's literally a place to type words and thoughts.

Bruh I spent the better part of June and July marching down streets filled with tear gas so that people that look like me won't be harrassed and killed by cops. Don't tell me about getting my priorities in order. And I spent the better part of my time marching keeping people like you with this "let's burn it all" attitude at bay from fucking up the movement.

Like I've said time and time again, Rocksteady is fucked for what they did and supposedly continue to do. No doubt about that. But you tried to then lump in WB Montreal (a completely separate studio) and the rest of WB Games into it when they didn't have anything to do with it. Do you realize how that is a problem? People were popping into the thread, reading your remarks and thinking that they somehow had something to do with it as well. That doesn't help the movement for these women, all it does is create confusion, and harm innocent people working at those OTHER studios.

I can't say it any better than that. You want to help these women. That's great. Then HELP THESE WOMEN. Don't just go attack other studios for no reason. That ain't helping the cause, bruh.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Prefacing this by saying I don't mean this to be aimed at you. I just read your post and it made me think about something related to what you said.

I agree with you but only up to a certain point. I think there are plenty of people who say what you just said but they totally don't care. They care in the sense that thinking about what happened makes them feel bad for a minute, but not enough to do literally anything. Everyone can do as they please, and there's rarely a definitive "correct" way to handle situations like this from the outside, but I do think if everyone cared the same amount, and that equated to doing anything at all, this problem in the games industry would be A LOT smaller right now.

Also generally speaking I think boycotting is a small action. I still do it (and won't be buying this fucking game), but I also write my government about issues I've come across, and vote in every election I can (no matter how small).
And the fact that you are still failing to realize that you indeed need to get your priorities in order astounds me. There is nothing to "lol" here. This is a very serious issue with some dark shit happening like Rocksteady doubling down in the abuse allowing to trolls - and their own fucking staff- to freely attack the woman that dared to stood up against them.

The fact that you keep targeting me and failing to realize that you your biggest worry throughout the entire thread is how "unfairly" I'm treating WB Games and its gaming studios is appalling. I can't fathom how hard it is for you to understand how fucked up is that.
I like that you're fired up about something that is worthy of being fired up about. And I do think people need to stop focusing on other's reactions to sexual predators at Rocksteady and start focusing on sexual predators at Rocksteady.

BUT I will also say that it's a thread specifically about Rocksteady and you do keep bringing up WB Games. No one's dragging Media Molecule because Insomniac had (and apparently still has?) a few predators. We're free to agree to disagree but I do think it's totally fair for someone to respond to something you keep saying. I don't think it's fair to keep repeating your stance and expecting everyone to leave you alone about it. It's a discussion after all.

Also I think boycotting is cool and all, but I find too often people just don't buy a game they know is going to sell well and then pat themselves on the back for trying. As I said in the top reply, the real power move is to contact governments. Also find and work with/donate to/signal boost organizations that deal with these issues.

Praglik

Nov 3, 2017
SH
Is it absolutely impossible that they fixed their studio culture since 2018, when this letter was originally written? The women at Rocksteady's statement clearly say: a lot of the issues are being handled, let us deal with it internally, we don't need an angry internet mob to tell us what to do.

This thread is insane!!

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Did I just read "Homie" being used as a slur?

but back on topic, I was under the assumption that Rocksteady "got better" at how they treated women (or at least got some of the women's input) seeing how much less audacious the designs for the women were in Knight but this proved that my theory was wrong

and more women are speaking out and Paul Dini angry at the dialogue exclusively calling the women "bitches" is just gross

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
Lol....ol....ol

You think I don't care, but in every response to you I've stated that I do. There's nothing else more that I can do on a forum than stating I care. It's literally a place to type words and thoughts.

Bruh I spent the better part of June and July marching down streets filled with tear gas so that people that look like me won't be harrassed and killed by cops. Don't tell me about getting my priorities in order. And I spent the better part of my time marching keeping people like you with this "let's burn it all" attitude at bay from fucking up the movement.

Like I've said time and time again, Rocksteady is fucked for what they did and supposedly continue to do. No doubt about that. But you tried to then lump in WB Montreal (a completely separate studio) and the rest of WB Games into it when they didn't have anything to do with it. Do you realize how that is a problem? People were popping into the thread, reading your remarks and thinking that they somehow had something to do with it as well. That doesn't help the movement for these women, all it does is create confusion, and harm innocent people working at those OTHER studios.

I can't say it any better than that. You want to help these women. That's great. Then HELP THESE WOMEN. Don't just go attack other studios for no reason. That ain't helping the cause, bruh.
1. I'm black myself, thanks for marching for what is right. But that doesn't exempts you - me or anyone else - of the need to check their own priorities from time to time.
2. Saying that you care then proceeding to write an infinite tirade about how should I protest in light of what the accusations are is fucked up, imho. I never said you need to do the same as me, what I said is that you are worried way too much how I'm reacting to what happened instead of what happened, hence why I believe you need to get your priorities straight.
3. WB Games is the studios parent company. Both the games about to be announced are obviously deeply linked to Rocksteady. Voting with my wallet is my prerogative and none of your business, since I don't like how neither WB Games or Rocksteady are dealing with this situation.
4. Targeting a multibillion corporation isn't "harming innocent people".

I like that you're fired up about something that is worthy of being fired up about. And I do think people need to stop focusing on other's reactions to sexual predators at Rocksteady and start focusing on sexual predators at Rocksteady.

BUT I will also say that it's a thread specifically about Rocksteady and you do keep bringing up WB Games. No one's dragging Media Molecule because Insomniac had (and apparently still has?) a few predators. We're free to agree to disagree but I do think it's totally fair for someone to respond to something you keep saying. I don't think it's fair to keep repeating your stance and expecting everyone to leave you alone about it. It's a discussion after all.

Also I think boycotting is cool and all, but I find too often people just don't buy a game they know is going to sell well and then pat themselves on the back for trying. As I said in the top reply, the real power move is to contact governments. Also find and work with/donate to/signal boost organizations that deal with these issues.

My understanding about the Insomniac situation is that actual action was taken, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Insomniac threw their accusers under the bus like Rocksteady just did. It's completely fair to call out Sony Studios if the victims of the abuse at Insomniac weren't properly taken care of, and while I confess that I didn't follow that case closely, I don't think that conflating different situations do the victims any favors, all it does is deflect these corporations responsibility of doing fucking better.

I know you mean well and you are probably right suggesting others to contact governments, but I live in Brazil. My turn to go "lol". Voting with my wallet and bringing awareness to this issue is all I can do at the moment. And with all due respect, I will do it with the way I see fit, it's not like WB Games don't have a responsibility here or that they are a little studio threatened by me voting with my wallet.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
1. I'm black myself, thanks for marching for what is right. But that doesn't exempts you - me or anyone else - of the need to check their own priorities from time to time.
2. Saying that you care then proceeding to write an infinite tirade about how should I protest in light of what the accusations are is fucked up, imho. I never said you need to do the same as me, what I said is that you are worried way too much how I'm reacting to what happened instead of what happened, hence why I believe you need to get your priorities straight.
3. WB Games is the studios parent company. Both the games about to be announced are obviously deeply linked to Rocksteady. Voting with my wallet is my prerogative and none of your business, since I don't like how neither WB Games or Rocksteady are dealing with this situation.
4. Targeting a multibillion corporation isn't "harming innocent people".
1. Tuh!
2. This thread was specifically about Rocksteady and what happened but you the one that keeps bringing up WB Games and try to get people to agree/join with you. That doesn't sound like you prioritizing anything lol you all over the place.
3. The bold is the part flat out wrong. Rocksteady has no input on Montreal's game. It seems like you don't know how any of these companies operate because if you did you wouldn't be making those remarks in the first place. WB Games ain't even made a statement yet lol wtf are they supposed to do? Cancel DC FanDome? It ain't their event, and they have obligations to be there.
4. Yes it is. I got friends that work at WB Games. They would definitely be hurt if people stopped buying their games because of some shit that went down at Rocksteady.

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020

Very well said. I agree with all this (Even not enjoying their post AC games).

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
1. Tuh!
2. This thread was specifically about Rocksteady and what happened but you the one that keeps bringing up WB Games and try to get people to agree/join with you. That doesn't sound like you prioritizing anything lol you all over the place.
3. The bold is the part flat out wrong. Rocksteady has no input on Montreal's game. It seems like you don't know how any of these companies operate because if you did you wouldn't be making those remarks in the first place. WB Games ain't even made a statement yet lol wtf are they supposed to do? Cancel DC FanDome? It ain't their event, and they have obligations to be there.
4. Yes it is. I got friends that work at WB Games. They would definitely be hurt if people stopped buying their games because of some shit that went down at Rocksteady.
2. You seem crazy obsessed with this "trying to get people to agree/join" bit. Raising awareness about a serious issue and saying to vote with their wallets it's just that.
3. WB Games is the owner of Rocksteady and WB Montreal. They are obviously linked imho, the new Arkham game despite being made by WB Montreal, it is originally a Rocksteady franchise. The fact that WB Games didn't consider putting on hold their viral promotion of their new game as the news broke tell me that they don't have their priorities in order and rubbed me the wrong way. They should have not allowed this bullshit pr move be Rocksteady's response, for one. They should have dealt with this properly. The problem is they didn't.
4. You already told me you have friends that work at WB Games. I honestly couldn't care less, me targeting corporation and you coming with this nonsense is weak. I'm sure your buddies will be fine if me or some people don't buy WB Games any longer. Hell the hundreds of people harassing Kim MacAskill at Rocksteady's dog whistle is proof that WB Games will be fine, if that's what worries so much.

Last edited:

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
2. You seem crazy obsessed with this "trying to get people to agree/join" bit. Raising awareness about a serious issue and saying to vote with their wallets it's just that.
3. WB Games is the owner of Rocksteady and WB Montreal. They are obviously linked imho, the new Arkham game despite being made by WB Montreal, it is originally a Rocksteady franchise. The fact that WB Games didn't consider putting on hold their viral promotion of their new game as the news broke tell me that they don't have their priorities in order and rubbed me the wrong way. They should have not allowed this bullshit pr move be Rocksteady's response, for one. They should have dealt with this properly. The problem is they didn't.
4. You already told me you have friends that work at WB Games. I honestly couldn't care less, me targeting corporation and you coming with this nonsense is weak.
2. Bruh that's fine, but you're not even taking about boycotting the studio that has the problems, you're talking about the other studios like Montreal and Monolith who haven't done anything. They don't need to be included. Every time you bring them up someone thinks they did something and that isn't true. It's spreading false accusations.
3. They can't just cancel the event. Because it isn't theirs, it is DC Comics' event. They have a contractual obligation to be there. And no, they aren't connected at all. Rocksteady and WB Montreal are two completely different companies. They each have their own management and hr. They didn't even pick up the franchise, it's a reboot. Rocksteady has no affiliation with them.
4. Well then you just wanna watch shit burn and don't actually care about helping the people that are hurt. It was obvious from the start but damn.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
2. Bruh that's fine, but you're not even taking about boycotting the studio that has the problems, you're talking about the other studios like Montreal and Monolith who haven't done anything. They don't need to be included. Every time you bring them up someone thinks they did something and that isn't true. It's spreading false accusations.
3. They can't just cancel the event. Because it isn't theirs, it is DC Comics' event. They have a contractual obligation to be there. And no, they aren't connected at all. Rocksteady and WB Montreal are two completely different companies. They each have their own management and hr. They didn't even pick up the franchise, it's a reboot. Rocksteady has no affiliation with them.
4. Well then you just wanna watch shit burn and don't actually care about helping the people that are hurt. It was obvious from the start but damn.
Holy shit. I'm speechless. I never said about canceling any event. Done with this circus, don't expect me to entertain you any longer.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
are you guys 13 or something what is this argument jesus christ
I'm sorry to you and others for this. I'm ashamed of trying to have a conversation in good faith, I should have known better from the first posts. I will not reply to this thread any longer, I feel like I'm involuntarily helping this thread being derailed and I'm not allowing this to happen again. This is an important issue for people constantly trying to derail, generalize or deflect. Hopefully this situation will be properly handled and not buried by people white knighting corporations.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
I hope people get fired at some point.

The horrible shit mentioned in Kim MacAskill's video can't be swept under the rug.

Tweet sounds like a load of bullshit.