NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Why not, I heard he's got interesting roles now.
Can't seem to remember if Bale as Batman had any backlash at the time?

Nah, Bale as Batman was what fans were clamoring for. Especially since some of the names being thrown out at that time (Kutcher, Hartnett) were not all that popular.

But also keep in mind the Internet was not what it was back the , and the Batman movie franchise was a pretty low point.

Oct 27, 2017
gEs92RL.jpg

I guess people are seeing if he's worthy

That's actually hilarious

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm stoked for Pattinson as Batman but good god please don't cast Josh Gad as Penguin

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Pattinson's role in The Light House directed by Robert Eggers is being described as on par with Nicholson's from The Shining after its Cannes showing. I don't think we have much to worry about with his casting as the Bat.

Oct 25, 2017
Pattinson's role in The Light House directed by Robert Eggers is being described as on par with Nicholson's from The Shining after its Cannes showing. I don't think we have much to worry about with his casting as the Bat.

Yep. We're in for something very special with Battinson assuming things don't somehow turn south in the casting process in the near future.

Sapiens

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Being back Keaton. Use the face youngening algorithm. Also, have him do the 60s Batman. But ensure we find out how and exactly why he decided to become the bat.

This Patterson man threatens me with his roguish yet traditional and indisputable good looks and adoration of millions of women folk.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Being back Keaton. Use the face youngening algorithm. Also, have him do the 60s Batman. But ensure we find out how and exactly why he decided to become the bat.

This Patterson man threatens me with his roguish yet traditional and indisputable good looks and adoration of millions of women folk.
If they're bringing back Keaton it should be to play old man Bruce to Pattinson's Terry.

Oct 25, 2017
So uh... if WB haven't already signed Pattinson on for the role, they really ought to do so now.

Here's a snippet from The Telegraph's 5/5 star review for The Lighthouse that just surfaced.

The dense screenplay, packed with antique nautical jargon, was written by Eggers and his brother Max, and their two actors chomp away on it with zeal. Dafoe, who's astounding, gives his best monologue while literally chewing the scenery, wadding up clods of soil in his mouth. And Pattinson gives a performance of such audacity and muscle that he recalls Daniel Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood. That's no comparison to make lightly, but everything about The Lighthouse lands with a crash. It's cinema to make your head and soul ring.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome. Reeves and Pattinson much just resurrect the husk that Batman has become the past decade.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
This news had me watching a bunch of Pattinson movies I hadn't seen and I'm all on board. Good Times is a necessary watch.

Reeves' Apes Trilogy is seriously the most underrated trilogies in film to boot.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
If we're going full Batman Returns, I hope that they just straight up use some sort of revision of Tim Burton's suit.
ac7a7f7758de2170a2dd8ee4aa9ff253.jpg

All they need to do is fix the cowl so Pattinson can turn his head.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
they aren't really "announcing a trilogy", hell they haven't announced anything yet. His contract apparently will include options for multiple sequels, which is fairly standard in these kinds of movies these days.