cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

TEL AVIV — More than 60 Israeli fighter jets bombarded targets in Gaza in the early hours of Tuesday morning, as Israel showed little sign of easing up its campaign despite growing international pressure and President Biden's call for a cease-fire.
Hamas also fired volleys of rockets into southern Israel overnight, but their attacks have slowed in recent days as the Israeli military has pummeled their underground tunnel networks and launch sites.
The Israeli military said 62 fighter jets had dropped 110 "guided armaments" on 65 targets, including Hamas commanders, rocket launchpads and the militant group's tunnel network. Neither side reported casualties.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday night said that he would "continue to take whatever action necessary to restore quiet" even as President Biden expressed support for a cease-fire during a phone call.
-------------------------------

Israel has so far declined entreaties from outside mediators, including Egyptians, that it agree to a halt, two officials familiar with the cease-fire talks told The Washington Post. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss negotiations. Israeli military and political leaders have said they intend to do as much damage as possible to Hamas's military infrastructure before taking a pause.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
if anyone needs a scholar to follow on Twitter, I highly recommend Noura Erakat who also wrote the book Justice for Some

Erakat is such an extremely sharp intellectual, she's also gone on multiple news networks despite the threats, censorship. I first saw this back in 2018

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

www.nytimes.com

Hundreds of thousands in Gaza face shortages of clean water and medicine. (Published 2021)

Crucial infrastructure has been destroyed or taken offline in the latest eruption of deadly violence, which shows no sign of abating.

Sewage systems have been destroyed, sending fetid wastewater into the streets of Gaza City. A critical desalination plant that helped provide fresh water to 250,000 people is offline, and water pipes serving at least 800,000 people have been damaged. Landfills are closed, with trash piling up. And dozens of schools have been either damaged or ordered to close, forcing some 600,000 students to miss classes on Monday.
The nine-day battle between Hamas militants and the Israeli military has created a humanitarian catastrophe that is touching nearly every civilian living in Gaza, a coastal territory of about two million people.
The level of destruction and loss of human life have underlined the challenge in the Gaza Strip, already overpacked with people and suffering under the weight of an indefinite blockade by Israel and Egypt even before the latest conflict.
--------------------
General Hidai Zilberman, a military spokesman, who spoke to the Israeli network Army Radio, said there was no plan to suspend operations.
--------------------
Six hospitals and eight clinics have suffered bomb damage, according to the United Nations' humanitarian affairs office, basically making medical treatment impossible for most people living in the region.
By Monday, Israeli bombs had destroyed 132 residential buildings and damaged 316 housing units so badly that they were uninhabitable, according to Gaza's housing ministry.
More than 40,000 people have been forced into shelters and thousands more have sought refuge with friends or relatives, according to the U.N. humanitarian affairs office.
"Until a cease-fire is reached, all parties must agree to a 'humanitarian pause,'" the office said in a statement. "These measures would allow humanitarian agencies to carry out relief operations, and people to purchase food and water and seek medical care."

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
They're quoting a chapter from the Qur'an. The translation can be found here:
quran.com

Surah Al-Fil - 1-5 - Quran.com

Read and listen to Surah Al-Fil. The Surah was revealed in Mecca, ordered 105 in the Quran. The Surah title means "The Elephant" in English and consis...

But in summary: they're equating the Palestinians to an invading army, and their planes and missiles to the birds and the rocks thrown by those birds that drove that army away sent by God to protect the people.

They're using it to provoke Muslims, especially religious groups. It would be like me taking a passage from the Torah and using it to suggest that the Nazis are the good guys mentioned in the passage and the Jews are the bad guys.
[When this comment is inevitably reported for the word "Nazi", I'd urge the mods to carefully read that paragraph. I'm not breaking your rule, I'm providing an example that shows the problem with the Israeli tweet)

That said: Fuck Israel. Fuck Bibi and Biden. Fuck the IDF.

Last edited:

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
quran.com

Read and listen to Surah Al-Fil. The Surah was revealed in Mecca, ordered 105 in the Quran. The Surah title means "The Elephant" in English and consis...

But in summary: they're equating the Palestinians to an invading army, and their planes and missiles to the birds and the rocks thrown by those birds that drove that army away sent by God to protect the people.

They're using it to provoke Muslims, especially religious groups. It would be like me taking a passage from the Torah and using it to suggest that the Nazis are the good guys mentioned in the passage and the Jews are the bad guys.
[When this comment is inevitably reported for the word "Nazi", I'd urge the mods to carefully read that paragraph. I'm not breaking your rule, I'm providing an example that shows the problem with the Israeli tweet)

Is this some kind of an official Israel government account saying this shit?

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017

www.nytimes.com

Hundreds of thousands in Gaza face shortages of clean water and medicine. (Published 2021)

Crucial infrastructure has been destroyed or taken offline in the latest eruption of deadly violence, which shows no sign of abating.

Sewage systems have been destroyed, sending fetid wastewater into the streets of Gaza City. A critical desalination plant that helped provide fresh water to 250,000 people is offline, and water pipes serving at least 800,000 people have been damaged. Landfills are closed, with trash piling up. And dozens of schools have been either damaged or ordered to close, forcing some 600,000 students to miss classes on Monday.
The nine-day battle between Hamas militants and the Israeli military has created a humanitarian catastrophe that is touching nearly every civilian living in Gaza, a coastal territory of about two million people.
The level of destruction and loss of human life have underlined the challenge in the Gaza Strip, already overpacked with people and suffering under the weight of an indefinite blockade by Israel and Egypt even before the latest conflict.
--------------------
General Hidai Zilberman, a military spokesman, who spoke to the Israeli network Army Radio, said there was no plan to suspend operations.
--------------------
Six hospitals and eight clinics have suffered bomb damage, according to the United Nations' humanitarian affairs office, basically making medical treatment impossible for most people living in the region.
By Monday, Israeli bombs had destroyed 132 residential buildings and damaged 316 housing units so badly that they were uninhabitable, according to Gaza's housing ministry.
More than 40,000 people have been forced into shelters and thousands more have sought refuge with friends or relatives, according to the U.N. humanitarian affairs office.
"Until a cease-fire is reached, all parties must agree to a 'humanitarian pause,'" the office said in a statement. "These measures would allow humanitarian agencies to carry out relief operations, and people to purchase food and water and seek medical care."

This seems like a proven strategy of genocide and isolation. Wonder where they got that from? Hmmm 🤔

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
" Remember the father who tried to distract his children during Gaza bombings in the YouTube video? Israeli airstrikes killed him and his brother 2 days later. "

Jssom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
quran.com

Yeah it's as you've described.

This is vile shit. They are killing civilians and then taunting them. They are not even hiding their intents.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland

Vile shit. Israel loves taunting us.

Not to dismiss that this is taunting (because it is) but one thing to consider is that this twitter account seems to be specifically used to target Israeli propaganda to an Arabic demographic. Prior to the conflict there are PR twitter posts highlighting the successes of Israel normalising relations with Arab countries. Perhaps the twitter account is specifically aimed towards the nations that have recently signed official diplomatic ties with Israel last year (UAE, Bahrain, Morocco) under the Trump administration. These nations are predominantly Muslim.

I believe they are using Quran references to appeal to Muslims of these nations who are now diplomatically OK with them and are trying to alter the narrative to come off as righteous.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
listen to how two Israeli radio hosts talk to and threaten a the imam of al-Lydd's Great Mosque and referring to the horrific Nakba in 47 and 48

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
imagine losing your wife and four children while trapped underneath rubble from an airstrike - i wouldn't even be able to say a word

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
imagine losing your wife and four children while trapped underneath rubble from an airstrike - i wouldn't even be able to say a word

And then Israel wonders why Palestinians are so "angry". You can bet if my kids and partner were killed in a remote bombing strike and then celebrated on Twitter with emojis id be thirsty for revenge.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty good video summarising some of the key counter points to the right to defend argument.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017

Vile shit. Israel loves taunting us.

quran.com

Thank you from us that don't know what they were saying. It's ridiculously disgusting trying to quote the Quran like this.

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have any pro life conservatives commented on this situation yet?

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland

www.resetera.com

Right now in East Jerusalem, Israeli settlers are forcing Palestinians out of their own homes. This is ethnic cleansing before our eyes, happening now

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/05/18/israel-gaza-conflict-latest-updates/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social TEL AVIV — More than 60 Israeli fighter jets bombarded targets in Gaza in the early hours of Tuesday morning, as Israel showed little sign of easing up...

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

TEL AVIV — More than 60 Israeli fighter jets bombarded targets in Gaza in the early hours of Tuesday morning, as Israel showed little sign of easing up its campaign despite growing international pressure and President Biden's call for a cease-fire.
Hamas also fired volleys of rockets into southern Israel overnight, but their attacks have slowed in recent days as the Israeli military has pummeled their underground tunnel networks and launch sites.
The Israeli military said 62 fighter jets had dropped 110 "guided armaments" on 65 targets, including Hamas commanders, rocket launchpads and the militant group's tunnel network. Neither side reported casualties.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday night said that he would "continue to take whatever action necessary to restore quiet" even as President Biden expressed support for a cease-fire during a phone call.
-------------------------------

Israel has so far declined entreaties from outside mediators, including Egyptians, that it agree to a halt, two officials familiar with the cease-fire talks told The Washington Post. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss negotiations. Israeli military and political leaders have said they intend to do as much damage as possible to Hamas's military infrastructure before taking a pause.

Sorry, did I miss Biden's "call for a cease fire"? Did he not simply "express support" and then immediately after offer a full throated defense of Israel?

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I get the feeling world leaders are desperate to see Hamas using children as shields, desperate to see them using hospitals as launch pads list so they can say "we told you so".

Every day Israel continues there killing spree of civilians it gets harder and harder to say "right to defend themselves".

Also when Israel eventually does end its campaign I don't want to see no celebrating over a "truce".

A truce days after one was offered and days after you have bombed Gaza today bits killing innocents is no kind of truce in any send of the word.

So whether it's the UN or Biden it's far too late now to try and and praise Israel once they enter a so called truce.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
if anyone needs a scholar to follow on Twitter, I highly recommend Noura Erakat who also wrote the book Justice for Some

Erakat is such an extremely sharp intellectual, she's also gone on multiple news networks despite the threats, censorship. I first saw this back in 2018

She is. I posted this in another thread -- not sure which one -- but it bears re-posting. It's entitled No, Israel Does Not Have the Right to Self-Defence Against Occupied Palestinian Territory and can be found here. In short,

A state cannot simultaneously exercise control over territory it occupies and militarily attack that territory on the claim that it is "foreign" and poses an exogenous national security threat. In doing precisely that, Israel is asserting rights that may be consistent with colonial domination but simply do not exist under international law.

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, "voicing support" for a cease fire is a long shot from "a call for a cease fire". I think it's an important distinction to make.

None of these words matter. Every country should be cutting off diplomatic relationship with Israel and sanctioning them until the bombing stops and until Israel gets its settlers out of Palestine land. Nothing less is acceptable.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
None of these words matter. Every country should be cutting off diplomatic relationship with Israel and sanctioning them until the bombing stops and until Israel gets its settlers out of Palestine land. Nothing less is acceptable.
I agree, none of it is enough. Was just saying that WaPo was giving a very charitable reading of Biden's words and intent.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Sure. I didn't think of that distinction, but I don't disagree. That was the 'half assed' part of my post.
I agree, none of it is enough. Was just saying that WaPo was giving a very charitable reading of Biden's words and intent.

I saw this on Twitter and thought it was pretty good criticism of how the media is doing free PR for Biden:

all of Blinken's or Biden's words don't mean shit until actual action is taken. Hell, they're even actively blocking the UN resolution!

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I am just tired of people acting like Biden is not saying enough harsh words to Israel. Like fuck that. How about we not set the bar so low to finger wagging?
It's crazy to me that he can't even feign doing the right thing with his words. But as we've seen, Biden is more than content with business as usual.

How can he go on and on about personal loss and relating to people who have lost family yet support child murder/entire families being obliterated? It's clear he's got selective empathy. Completely disgusting.
I saw this on Twitter and thought it was pretty good criticism of how the media is doing free PR for Biden:

all of Blinken's or Biden's words don't mean shit until actual action is taken. Hell, they're even actively blocking the UN resolution!

Yup. Liberal media has more or less been doing PR for Biden since even before his first day.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Unless Biden takes a substantial step - and I mean a significant step that goes way further than the Oslo Accords - then no rumour or "behind the scenes" or even a public speech delivered by Biden himself will convince me otherwise. Especially after decades of empty words from the US.

Also, their position of being the "mediator middle" to both sides is long gone. Any form of peace talks that involves them as mediator/negotiator are automatically null. They've given up their credibility on this matter since the beginning of the 2000s.

The words "two-state solution" that comes out of any US politician is about as credible and believable as The National Enquirer.