Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes that Rian Johnson. Save your hate for The Last Jedi elsewhere.

According to his twitter this was filmed over two days in a farm in Santa Clarita for LCD Soundsystem's new single.

I can't get over how brilliant the editing is, which Johnson also did. I never seen cuts this quick while staying coherent outside of Satoshi Kon movies. Even Sissy Spacek and David Strathairn give excellent performances. How often do you hear anyone praise acting in a music video?

If you want a quick reminder of how good a film maker Rian Johnson is look no further than this. Also listen to LCD Soundsystem.

Send me through the teleporter if old.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Great video, and the cuts are really excellent.

Also, it seems wild that this album came out a year ago. Hoping that this being pushed as a single means they're close to announcing a new tour.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said over in the Star Wars thread, this was really beautiful and could've made for a great full feature film. Very touching ending.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That Sissy Spacek smile though

giphy.gif

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit it took me forever to recognize that was David Strathairn (I know you said it, but I just didn't recognize him). That was great.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Why did he go with his wife into essentially a limbo state? Why not put her in there, get some help, pull her out? If he'd just told someone his plan none of this would've had to happen!

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
I'm conflicted. I love LCD Soundsystem but I vowed to never watch anything Rian Johnson. I didn't even watch his last film after hearing about what a travesty it was.