• Biome 3

Votes: 283 15.6%
  • Biome 4

Votes: 53 2.9%
  • Biome 5

Votes: 115 6.3%
  • Biome 6

Votes: 51 2.8%
  • I have beaten the game/Playing on NG+!

Votes: 881 48.6%

• Total voters

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So how is everyone doing? I made it into the second biome. Enjoying the game so far.

Is there any reason to bother trying to find the alien glyphs until later? Are they always in the same places or do they get moved around?

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
I died at the first boss. He tricked me at the beginning of the second phase. :lol

It really gets faster to reach places when you've died and just recognize it all.

Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuuck me. Third biome is brutal. Managed to get through the first boss by the skin of my teeth, second with the help of the reconstructor- dodging all the bullets in that fight felt amazing. Loving the high-ammo rifle and the beam alt fire, that thing shreds. Game left a good first impression and the daily runs should be enough- I reckon it'll run out of steam after a few more runs but I'm having good fun.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Hit the end of the second act and died. There was a sort of point of no return in the stage that I didn't anticipate and then suddenly no portals back, which really screwed me over because I left some critical items on the ground back at the shop area and needed them to succeed. I ended up fighting the boss with a malfunction that hurt me whenever I overloaded, which was really frustrating.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be buying this the second they add saves in mid-run. I juggle a lot between games so playing this in its current state seems like a bad idea to me.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be buying this the second they add saves in mid-run. I juggle a lot between games so playing this in its current state seems like a bad idea to me.
After having played it for a good six hours or so, I agree. I think it needs some kind of mid-game save function, even if it's an optional thing. Sometimes the game just deals you a bad hand and it can be frustrating to lose progress because of that.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
So how is everyone doing? I made it into the second biome. Enjoying the game so far.

Is there any reason to bother trying to find the alien glyphs until later? Are they always in the same places or do they get moved around?

Enjoying it so far for sure. I'm at the second Biome. There's a troublesome enemy that zips around the screen in an area I can't get past cuz of them. Will have to give it another go tomorrow.

Was wondering about the glyphs as well. As I see it now it's just adding some context in the story, but not much. I am early on in the game though.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I just hit a bug and I don't know how to get past it :(.
I just interacted with the Cythos thing the first time and it spit some item out. Now I'm not getting any prompts to pick it up. Can't go back in my ship, the door won't open. What do I do?

If I reboot the game am I missing some permanent upgrade here?

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Took down Phrike on my first attempt.

Thus far, I've only died once (and I think that first time is scripted? Or I just wasn't skilled enough, idk).

Really loving this game so far.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Was wondering about the glyphs as well. As I see it now it's just adding some context in the story, but not much. I am early on in the game though.
Well yeah, but I know there are a lot of grapple points in the first biome, so I don't think it would even be worth trying to find all the glyphs until I have the grapple tool. I'm at 5/10 glyphs in the first biome and I doubt I'd be able to get to 10 without the grapple.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Took down Phrike on my first attempt.

Thus far, I've only died once (and I think that first time is scripted? Or I just wasn't skilled enough, idk).

Really loving this game so far.
Nah you can beat that Titanops at the beginning, though you'll likely die soon after

beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
Does anyone have any tips for someone just starting out? I've never played a rogue like before and I'm not sure how you are supposed to improve your character when you lose most of the things you pick up. I played for about a half hour last night before I died so I'm at the very beginning.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Just got my copy but I'm so tired I'll probably only start tomorrow, I'm so hyped!

Any tips I should be aware before jumping in?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
My copy was delayed to today after it was supposed to come yesterday. Just saw that it's being delayed again to tomorrow. I just wanna play some video games, Damn it.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I dont think I am having fun restarting all iver again. Hades had much mire variety of upgrades and augments changing the playstyle. This is just harder and not better in roguelike mechanics imo. I would enjoy it more if I had the option to start from last unlocked biome with everything i got on myself while unlocking/last death. Losing everything in this game is much more meh than in other games from this genre.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I hate, even though it doesn't happen often, is that big item detail panel will pop up on screen if you get near an item. It's a problem when you're right in the middle of combat and you suddenly can't see shit.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, that was one of the most intense gaming sequences I have ever played.

Had a stellar run after my 1st crash and beat the 3rd boss on my first try.

My hands are shaking so much, lol.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The more I play, the better the game gets! From good to amazing.
Just wish in the very beginning there was one random lvl 0 weapon and not only the handgun.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
After having played it for a good six hours or so, I agree. I think it needs some kind of mid-game save function, even if it's an optional thing. Sometimes the game just deals you a bad hand and it can be frustrating to lose progress because of that.
Isn't that the entire genre though? It's like asking for a easy mode for dark souls?

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, I'm less worried about that than my console shutting down unexpectedly while in rest mode, it happens sometimes when it storms down here (and it'll be raining all weekend, yay me).

No reason to not have a "save and quit to menu" option.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
RIP no death run
E0QehgQWYAE7867

Oct 25, 2017
I suck at this game.
Also build variety is pretty shallow in this. Not a lot exciting synergies going on, just hoping to find better loot and self-healing solutions. It's still early though.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
I just hit a bug and I don't know how to get past it :(.
I just interacted with the Cythos thing the first time and it spit some item out. Now I'm not getting any prompts to pick it up. Can't go back in my ship, the door won't open. What do I do?

If I reboot the game am I missing some permanent upgrade here?
Had this happen to me three times today. Had to give up on the run each time. Housemarque need to get this fixed as a top priority.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
I suck at this game.
Also build variety is pretty shallow in this. Not a lot exciting synergies going on, just hoping to find better loot and self-healing solutions. It's still early though.
When you start using the right parasites and items, you can get awesome build and really experiment a lot

It's very random tho, need luck to find the right things

Oct 26, 2017
Damn I'm getting the worst class setups for the third boss. No artifacts or upgrades that I specifically want and end up losing to him again and again.
Honestly that boss is so easy, whats the problem? The game is pretty fuckin bad as far as a roguelike goes, nothing really interesting to build around...

the only other HM game ive played is NM, but that also followed this shiity design philosophy of the "rich get richer" i.e. good players get stronger, whilst bad play is heavily punished....so that may be a problem. If you get hit a few times in biome one, it will make you much weaker due to adrenaline .

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
Just made it to the second Biome died shortly into it. Should I take the shortcut back to Biome 2 or it's better to reclear the first biome ? Barely defeated the first boss I'm not sure how smooth the reclear will be.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
Has Housemarque acknowledged the issues of people getting locked in rooms and having to quit/end their current runs? It happened to me twice this morning and I don't want to play until it is sorted out.

May 27, 2020
This game rules but I am so bad at it, really struggling to move and jump while aiming with a thumbstick. Currently stuck in the first biome looking for a way to deactivate the energy wall doors.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio

Tommi813

Jul 19, 2020
Ist took me 4h to get melee combat. And Short after this, the First Boss killed me. So... 20 deaths or so… 5h played and still Not beaten the First Boss…

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Alright powered through biome 3 or
act 1
, hittin the hay.

Enjoying it a lot but I'm not sure how I will feel with subsequent runs. I will say the story stuff really isn't doing much for me so far.

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
Came home from work for lunch to check the game had arrived and so I could install it. Had 5 minutes on it before having to head back and only just got to start with it a couple of hours ago. Think I've encountered a couple of bugs. Perhaps they'll be remedied upon closing the game and reloading but I don't quite want to do that just yet. Anyhoo the issues, if they even are issues at all, are:

1) In Audio Output it says it's set to Sound Bar. It won't let me change this, saying the PS5 automatically detects the listening device but in the PS5's UI settings it says the output is TV, which it is as I don't actually have a Soundbar. I'm sure when I first loaded the game this afternoon (before any patch was installed) it was set as TV.

2) I've seen the
house
for the first time but when I approached it, there's a message that says "Game Downloading. You cannot proceed beyond this point until the full game has finished downloading." but the full-game installed this afternoon and I've checked my uploads/downloads queue to make sure there isn't anything partially unfinished and there isn't.

Anyone encountered similar?

Edit: In the console storage settings it says I have the full 55gb installed but in the information accessed via the home menu game icon, it says I've only got 37/55gb installed. 🤷‍♂️ I'll upload my save to the cloud and then uninstall and re-install and see if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

saforia

Apr 19, 2019
UK
The game crashed unexpectedly right after I beat the first boss, I'm really disappointed. I hope this doesn't happen often.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
Has Housemarque acknowledged the issues of people getting locked in rooms and having to quit/end their current runs? It happened to me twice this morning and I don't want to play until it is sorted out.
I'm sure they're well aware of the issues and fixing it. It's happened to enough people and I'm sure there are hundreds who are complaining to them about it.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
I got to the second boss with twice the health than what you start with, a lvl 9 weapon, an item that revives me once and I had extra healing with me. I failed. I don't see myself defeating him anytime soon.

The game is awesome, but it might be a little bit too hard for me. We'll see.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone have any tips for someone just starting out? I've never played a rogue like before and I'm not sure how you are supposed to improve your character when you lose most of the things you pick up. I played for about a half hour last night before I died so I'm at the very beginning.

• Don't worry about 'improving your character'. You get some items and whatnot that improve your overall survivability over time, and you can use things like ether to make a future run easier, but most of what you need to focus on is learning the game. Once you get familiar with enemy attack patterns and get a good feel for your characters movement you will find yourself progressing a lot further into the game
  • Don't worry about taking risks, especially early. Taking challenge rooms or malignant chests can have a huge payoff and if you're taking these risks early, then there's not too much to lose.
  • Try to get as much total health as possible. Take risks to get health. Health healing is plentiful in this game and getting as much health as possible is a great way to survive against the bosses. Plus the more total HP you have the more time you get to learn boss attack patterns, even if you do end up dying.
  • Stack healing items in your usable item slots, because they're one of the only super-useful items in boss fights.
  • Focus on your movement more so than on your accuracy. Though sometimes it's useful to get certain enemies out of the way as quickly as possible.
  • If you get into a tough room, you can try to take things a little slower and use cover. This is a fast paced game but it doesn't always have to be, I've had a lot of success just playing corners and using cover, many of the tougher enemies are not too aggressive.
  • Oh and just to be clear, your dash has complete invulnerability to regular attacks, so abuse this all the time. Dash through enemy projectiles whenever it makes sense to do so.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
How the fuck are people getting so far in their first runs?!

I must have died 15 times and I havnt beaten Phrike yet.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Died against the second boss... Arrived in phase 3 but got destroyed there. It's doable, even though without adrenaline is gonna be hard.
How the fuck are people getting so far in their first runs?!

I must have died 15 times and I havnt beaten Phrike yet.

Unless you have excellent reflexes and timing i'd suggest playing the game with a conservative approach. Never go in fast in a zone, always wait for the enemies to come from the front, never from the side or behind. Always keep your distance.