• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Remember its coming to PS+ Premium in a bit over a month, if you're on the fence like me that'll be a great way to play.

May 23 for Asia (except Japan... little later?)
June 13 for US
June 22 for NA

you'll need PS+ premium, any existing PSNow subs will automatically convert to PS+ Premium on the date above.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to more people via plus premium so I can coop places other than bio 1 with players desperate to get whacked by Phrike while wielding a lvl 0 sidearm.

Jayuk

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely my favorite game of 2021. Really need to play it again and see if I can get all the trophies

Akash

Oct 27, 2017
I hate played this game until i got the platinum. And then did the same for the dlc.

I think many people are going to bounce off this game when it's on PS Plus and percieved as "free." The only thing that pushed me was that i paid the damn money for it.

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
After a few days, I couldn't beat the first boss. Sold it on Craigslist and got most of my money back.

Now a year later I'd like to try again but at the moment it's still around $70 on Amazon. I know it's been on sale for $50 so when it hits that again, I'll probably rebuy.
You could get the second tier of the new PS+ and just play it there in another month

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
My GotY. Addictive combat, great roguelike hooks, and that difficulty...

S90PNr2.jpg

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
First year anniversary of one of the most disastrous launches I've ever experienced, but it's a great game, hopefully by now no one has to deal with the atrocious technical problems it had

Dr.Ifto

Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat and platniumed this game this past week. Game really is addictive as hell. You embrace the new run, new gun mentality in this game to be good. I initially put it down due to lack of time, but came back and my brother and I co opped the boss and that was so much fun. GOTY for last year for sure.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I tried playing it again a few days ago and died a bunch of times in a row; I totally forgot how to play. Such a great game though, really enjoyed my first playthrough a year ago.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I could gush about this game for hours. I bounced off hard and came back to it just as hard. Ended up platinuming it and Sherpa-inf friends through. Easily in my top 5 games of all time. Easily.
Hi guys I started playing it a couple days ago, I've gotten lost very easily, any tips?
Still in biome one? Head away from your ship. Blue doors may open to more expansive spaces but they'll always end in a dead end near a translocator that'll take you back to the main path. You'll still get lost and a little confused until you get used to the possible layouts, but don't let it deter you. The map is your buddy.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I simply love Returnal.

It was my GOTY, and I know we're early…it is my game of the gen so far.

After Astro's, it's the only other game I've Platinum'd on PS5.

Can't wait to see what Housemarque do next.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting on a big sale, since I don't buy roguelites at full-price but I can't wait to eventually jump in

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Great game with some bizarre design decisions. I think it makes the cost of risk taking and experimentation too high by not respecting your time and punishing you brutally for any mistakes. The runs are too long and I pretty much avoided any risk of malignancy by the end and only trusted two weapons.
Yeah that's where I'm at. It's like it punishes you for playing after a while. It's a BIZARRE decision and ends up making the game a chore. The bones of what are there are super interesting but it just isn't for me. Wasting 3 hours of my time isn't fun in any way shape or form due to rng.

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best next gen games. Hope Ps plus gets it even more exposure. Might be the best next gen game yet really unique vision

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's where I'm at. It's like it punishes you for playing after a while. It's a BIZARRE decision and ends up making the game a chore. The bones of what are there are super interesting but it just isn't for me. Wasting 3 hours of my time isn't fun in any way shape or form due to rng.
3 Hours? What are you doing 3 hours for?
Longest run I ever had was like 1 hour or a bit more and those were like the first 2-3 serious runs in the first biome. Pretty soon those runs averaged way under an hour.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
I really loved watching runs of it on Twitch. A cosmic horror bullet hell is definitely a doozy of an aesthetic and it looks like Housemarque nailed it.

It's also the only PS5 "must have" that I haven't picked up yet. With my library what it is, I'll likely wait until it hits sub-$30. Plenty to play till then.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
One of the GOATs. Roguelites don't always click for me but this one really did. Couldn't stop playing until I completed everything I could. That build up to the fourth biome boss is an all time favorite gaming moment for me.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Easily the best Sony published game since Bloodborne. I'll definitely be going back to it at some point.

Oct 25, 2017
Housemarque's SECOND best game ever. Nex Machina still their best work.

I'd like the sequel to have a clearer story.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I played at launch and I guess they just went easy on me. I remember the discussion at release very well :p

Yeah once you figure out how to manage those drones they became a cakewalk. But I'm okay with them being nerfed/adjusted.

It wasn't that they were cheap or anything, their attacks were just different from like, every other enemy in the game so far. There's like a slight delay on their rocket attacks that you gotta account for when dodging. Once I got that down they never hit me again.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Excited to play this when it's added to Plus Premium!

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
My GOTY last year and I loved the DLC this year.

So excited to see Housemarque's next game.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I hate played this game until i got the platinum. And then did the same for the dlc.

I think many people are going to bounce off this game when it's on PS Plus and percieved as "free." The only thing that pushed me was that i paid the damn money for it.
I loved this game and still don't have the platinum. How many hours of hatred did you put into it??

kolsonk

Jul 6, 2021
One of my favorite games of all time. Just got the platinum shortly before the DLC was announced, so took a break because I was a little burnt out from RNG cipher hunting. But I just started the Tower this week, and oh boy, the addiction is back. Absolutely incredible game!

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Still my favorite ps5 game and one of my favorite PS exclusives ever. Buttery smooth gameplay combined with the Alien/Prometheus aesthetic is tailored exactly to my tastes

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Game of the gen so far.

It's amazing how well they translated their twinstick shooter gameplay to a 3d action shooter game.

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
Man, I really really want them to do with Returnal what they did with Resogun with that mega season pass that straight up quadrupled the size of the game.

The gameplay is just peak Housemarque.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of haptics and 3D Audio, I think it's hands down the best implementation & showcase the PS5 has

The atmosphere, storyline, gameplay… it truly is the whole package imo.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Incredible game. I loved the combat mechanics, I thought the loops were super enjoyable. Actually rooting the story in something very personal and emotional really resonated with me.

And that damn Organ boss was *incredible*

On a personal preference level I wish the story were a tiny bit less opaque, but I also understand that it's a directorial choice to make it that way and I do really respect the vision of what they did.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
My GOTY, just sublime to play and it has that zen flow to it.
Also the art and music is *chefs kiss*

And Selene is cool af

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I simply love Returnal.

It was my GOTY, and I know we're early…it is my game of the gen so far.

After Astro's, it's the only other game I've Platinum'd on PS5.

Can't wait to see what Housemarque do next.
Came here to say this....Love this game! I hope it sells a gazillion units and we get a spritual successor.