• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
That made my day.

I wish I could go back in time, back to the crowded theater opening weekend, knowing absolutely nothing about The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
I'm always eager for more opportunity to explore Tolkien's amazing mythology, I just think we've had precious little to enjoy in multimedia since Return of the King in 2003.

I also think the games are a total missed opportunity.
Yeah, those Mordor games were pretty awful lore-wise and the setting itself wasn't appealing at all. All of the ethereal beauty and mystery of Middle-earth and they choose Mordor. Such a waste. It's a shame the White Council game never saw the light of the day, that could have been something special.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
McKellan is so great

Yeah, those Mordor games were pretty awful lore-wise and the setting itself wasn't appealing at all. All of the ethereal beauty and mystery of Middle-earth and they choose Mordor. It's a shame the White Council game never saw the light of the day, that could have been something special.
Shadow of Mordor is a strong contender for worst game I've ever played, and I'm not even worried about the lore...

Oddly enough Hobbit 3 is a contender for worst movie of all time as well

D23

Oct 25, 2017
just got HBO MAX guess ill be re- watching all of LOTR and maybe the hobbit

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man those movies are the best

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, those Mordor games were pretty awful lore-wise and the setting itself wasn't appealing at all. All of the ethereal beauty and mystery of Middle-earth and they choose Mordor. Such a waste. It's a shame the White Council game never saw the light of the day, that could have been something special.
I couldn't agree with you more. White Council is my instant go-to whenever "Cancelled games" threads pop up on Era. Interestingly there's a dev from the game on this board that I spoke to once, and he thought it was a shame it got shut down too.

On reflection "Middle Earth Elder Scrolls type game" seems like a no brainer. But no, we get Assassin's Creed. With a half wraith. Eru wept.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it could be interesting, though I'm not entirely sure if I need to see the cast members just goofing around for an hour.

Is this going to be live or pre-taped?

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
0ZQkZPo.jpg

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly cannot wait for this. The Lord of the Rings trilogy will always have a special place in my heart.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
And at the end of the stream Peter Jackson announces the 4K edition of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Ring Trilogies.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it could be interesting, though I'm not entirely sure if I need to see the cast members just goofing around for an hour.

Is this going to be live or pre-taped?

The Goonies one was basically a group interview, Josh asked various actors about behind the scenes stuff, their favorite scenes, etc. And had them read some of his favorite lines. It wasn't just a group party. And while they do a fun job of staging the "OMG we just added someone else out of nowhere!" theme, I'm sure it's all pre-taped and edited.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA

So young. I bet they had no idea they were about to make one of the most celebrated trilogies in film history.

I always get a smile out of this pic because

A. I pretty much dressed like how Orlando Bloom is dressed there, back in the late 90's. It was a weird time when many people in my area were wearing belts with lots of shiny shit on them

B. I had that same exact light sweater Sean Bean is wearing there. I believe it was from The Gap but I can't recall exactly

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome, can't wait! This is the first I've heard about Josh Gad doing these movie reunions. I'm kinda surprised he has the clout in Hollywood to pull these things together.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gad is really hitting me where I love with these, I love every movie he's reunited so far...this one's in my top ten

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, can't wait! This is the first I've heard about Josh Gad doing these movie reunions. I'm kinda surprised he has the clout in Hollywood to pull these things together.
Can't wait, really enjoyed the Back to the Future one.
Hopefully it doesn't give someone any ideas. I did a double take when I saw "Back to the Future" and "Director JJ Abrams" in the same sentence in an article title.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Who's the older guy that joined them? I missed his introduction. I haven't seen a close up, his window stays small.

Edit: Oh it's Howard Shore.

Apr 19, 2018
Lots of anecdotes so far with the cast, which, although had been widely covered already in the Extended Edition making-of featurettes, are lovely to hear being recounted.

If anything, it's making me want to dig back into the Appendices discs again. =D

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
So amazing, i got goosebumps. I started watching somewhere in the middle, did they ever have Cate Blanchett or mention her?

Oct 26, 2017
So amazing, i got goosebumps. I started watching somewhere in the middle, did they ever have Cate Blanchett or mention her?

Nope. There's really only so much you can fit in only 50 minutes (which flew by like 5).

While I don't care too much for reading fan favourite lines, Gandalf's words and Sam's are extra relevant today.

A lot was already mentioned in the appendices, like Sean hiking up mountains in full Boromir gear because he was afraid of flying, but there was some things I hadn't heard like how Orlando and Sean had to rent a place for a couple of days when mudslides isolated their car. And I liked the tribute to the language coach Andrew Jack who died of COVID-19, I didn't know about that.

Mucha

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Reunited Apart is such an amazing initiative. Just started with the extended editions again, so this was great to see. Cast looked great!

Lots of anecdotes so far with the cast, which, although had been widely covered already in the Extended Edition making-of featurettes, are lovely to hear being recounted.

If anything, it's making me want to dig back into the Appendices discs again. =D
Ha, same here.