• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Demo was kind of a bummer, but it does look visually better than the trailers have let on at least.

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
Underwhelming demo. 15 min, kinda linear, I had a clunky encounter with the demo enemy (she bit me twice but I could follow my route without so much issues) and ended right away in a similar manner than the RE7 demo. Visually is alright, mixing some pretty great models and interiores with not so great textures and a cross-gen feeling (in fact, the lamp room has frame drops).

OP
OP
Sargerus

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Watched a stream of the demo. Atmosphere was amazing, from what i saw, i dare say the best the series ever had since REmake.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Should have put the demo on PS4 as well seeing as no one but scalpers can actually find a PS5 anywhere.

I'm sure Capcom has done it before. DMC and xbox if not mistaken. And other publishers too.

Resi 6 and Xbox was another... in addition to numerous other games. This is actually pretty standard practice for Capcom... but people apparently have short memories when they want to I guess.

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, Campcom is tooootally making RE4 remake and RE8 back to back reusing assets between them. All the rooms I've seen in the demo were screaming "RE4 castle interiors".
It's fine though, RE4 looking this good will be cool.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Personally, the best looking interiors I've ever seen in a game. Additionally, the sounds are INCREDIBLE

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
seems like what you'd expect for an exclusive demo, gonna assume the demo for all platforms will actually be worth the download.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Seems like raytracing is for reflections. They do seem pretty grainy in motion though and generally not that visible.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
It just hard locked my PS5 :/
zNP85pW.gif

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Great way to showcase some of the visuals. The demo oozed atmosphere. I was pretty terrified walking around even though everything looked all nice and shiny.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Well that was... fleeting. lol

Some gorgeous looking interiors in this demo. There are rooms where the graphics really shine. And I'm getting the feeling that the full game will be properly scary/stressful, just like 7 was.

Abi

Jun 3, 2020
Looks great. Seems like they fixed HDR; doesn't look washed out like RE2/3

And 3D audio is good too.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, Campcom is tooootally making RE4 remake and RE8 back to back reusing assets between them. All the rooms I've seen in the demo were screaming "RE4 castle interiors".

yeah as soon as they announced this last year and I knew that would be the case.

also capcom loves bolt cutter now.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
That was the shortest demo I've ever played. What the hell was that? I walked down some stairs. I thought I'd at least be able to fight somebody.

wars

Apr 26, 2020
Lisbon,Portugal
Do you need to play RE7 to have a better experience with RE8?

I'm not that into this type of game but somehow the atmosphere of Village caught my attention, maybe it's the whole Bloodborne vibes that I'm getting from it.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
yeah as soon as they announced this last year and I knew that would be the case.

also capcom loves bolt cutter now.

The moment I saw that chain I knew that was coming, lol. All looked the same.

It's still super weird to me there is zero body awareness in this. Bolt cutters float, you can walk away while the lock picks, you have some phantom flashlight projecting from your face at the start that goes away. You scoop the lockpick out of a bowl of blood but the entire effect is lost when it just levitates out.

Mar 31, 2018
I recorded like 4 minutes of it if anyone cares. The fun and prettier parts you can explore yourself or look it up elsewhere but you know what to expect anyway. HDR is not on for this video but game includes it.

Feb 19, 2018
I mean it's obvious that RE8 is a biiiig love letter to RE4 (village, castle, crazy castle owner constantly repeating you name, crazy European locals trying to kill you, Luis Sera in a Bloodborne cosplay outfit trying to hunt you down, crazy monk not!zombies AND A MERCHANT) with a solid chunk of RE7 mixed in.

Wong Kar Why

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
hdr is great on my cx.

can't wait for the community to find neat easter eggs if there are any.

Pastel Melon

Jan 2, 2020
Germany
Is the demo not on the EU (German?) PSN? It's actually the first time I try to find a Demo in PS5, so I am wondering if anyone can help me out?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Omg a demo? Aaaaaah. How is it? Is it like the Beginning Hour demo or do you actually play with Ethan through a portion of the game?

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Omg a demo? Aaaaaah. How is it? Is it like the Beginning Hour demo or do you actually play with Ethan through a portion of the game?
You play as a separate character in a scenario where you are trying to get out of the castle. Short with no combat but minor RE puzzle solving elements and just incredible atmosphere.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
How's the game play / handle? One of my biggest gripes with 7 is just how slow and weighty the game handles, especially in Molded encounters.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
It's like a Beginning Hour demo. You play with a different character in a section that isn't in the main game.
You play as a separate character in a scenario where you are trying to get out of the castle. Short with no combat but minor RE puzzle solving elements and just incredible atmosphere.
Aw. I was hoping we could experience more combat. Well the enemy designs look better and that was really the only problem with the combat in 7 so I guess I don't have to worry much about that.