• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Shooting for the film has begun in Ontario, Canada. Looks like an abandoned hospital and other locations in the area are being used in the film. Going to assume the pick at the very bottom is either the RPD or Spencer Mansion (Internally). If this keeps up, we'll likely end up getting leaks of the cast in whatever their costumes might end up being.

This is not the Netflix Show

www.biohazardcast.com

Resident Evil Reboot Brings Roaming Zombies To Sudbury

For the past week and until close to the end of the month, the untitled Resident Evil reboot film has been filming around the city.

ElDELbvVMAEGA3f
ElBiGZbXYAYvM3R

ElDEMeBUwAApkvJ
ElBiGZZXUAIKRjq

Last edited:

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
So these pics are confirmed to be from the film reboot, and not the other live-action Netflix TV show?

Oct 27, 2017
Watched all six RE movies for the first time last week, and had fun with the whole 'haha zombie head go boom' thing. I'm in for the reboot.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
So these pics are confirmed to be from the film reboot, and not the other live-action Netflix TV show?
Yes, the Netflix reboot series is primarily being shot in Africa and Europe actually, and is set in "New Raccoon City". It's had filming over the last year already.

The upcoming live-action film is set in just Raccoon City, which in the film is a bit of a shithole city, and being filmed just now in Canada.

Just to clarify one thing you didn't ask but for anyone reading this thread, the Netflix live-action series and the upcoming live-action film have no relation to each other outside of both being new Resident Evil film projects, IE they're not set in the same universe or anything.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
Yes, the Netflix reboot series is primarily being shot in Africa and Europe actually, and is set in "New Raccoon City". It's had filming over the last year already.

The upcoming live-action film is set in just Raccoon City, which in the film is a bit of a shithole city, and being filmed just now in Canada.

Just to clarify one thing you didn't ask but for anyone reading this thread, the Netflix live-action series and the upcoming live-action film have no related to each other outside of both being new Resident Evil film projects, IE they're not set in the same universe or anything.
Good info, thank you!

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Looks good, I'm a sucker for these popcorn turn off your brain type movies.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Nice. I already have a thousand times more interest in this than any other non-game RE project.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018

Just to clarify one thing you didn't ask but for anyone reading this thread, the Netflix live-action series and the upcoming live-action film have no related to each other outside of both being new Resident Evil film projects, IE they're not set in the same universe or anything.

Is the whole it being about the Wesker family (Netflix show) true?

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
47 meters down is a better movie than anything paul ws anderson has ever directed

I personally wasn't a big fan of the film, but it truth be told it was more the script than the directing (Though he did write on that as well).
Will never forget how OFTEN that film brings up the bends though lol.

But I have to agree, it won't take much effort for this to end up better than the Paul films. If it's comparable or better than the first RE1 film it's a win.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Is the whole it being about the Wesker family (Netflix show) true?
So for this topic first, this upcoming movie that this thread is about stars Claire Redfield and co-starring her brother Chris Redfield, who both grew up orphans in Raccoon City, a sorta' shithole place that Claire ends up leaving, but her brother stays and becomes a cop there. There's other characters in the movie, like Leon, Birkin, Wesker, Irons, Jill, etc., but it's basically adapting RE1 & RE2 into a single movie.

The Netflix live-action series is set in two time periods it hops between, the first being in the early 2020s in a picture-esque "New Raccoon City", a town that seems too perfect and obviously hiding dark secrets. We follow Jayde & Billie Wesker, who yes their father is Albert Wesker, though in this series they live with him as a single father and we follow the two sisters. The second time period is 20 or so years in the future, in 2040-something, when the apocalypse has happened, only certain cities have fortified and still stand against the relentless monsters that have taken over the world, and we follow one of the sisters in one of the cities as a survivor.

Now to clarify one more thing, there is a SECOND Netflix series, but it's not a live-action thing, it's a CG animated series named "Infinite Darkness". This is canon to the games unlike the other two (Though all three are set in separate universe to each other), it stars Leon and Claire somewhere after the events of Vendetta (same animation studio that made Vendetta), the White House experiences an outbreak while Claire Redfield checking on a friend finds them dead and with strange things on the site that lead her to investigate.

That's basically the breakdown for the three Resident Evil series/film in the works right now. The more surprising thing to me is all three seem well in development and not in development Hell or something. Not even one or two, but all three seem healthily in the works.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
So we have a new live action movie, a live action TV show and a CG game canon TV show going on all around the same time. Good time to be a RE fan. Only looking forward to the CG show myself. I don't have any faith in the live action stuff.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
So for this topic first, this upcoming movie that this thread is about stars Claire Redfield and co-starring her brother Chris Redfield, who both grew up orphans in Raccoon City, a sorta' shithole place that Claire ends up leaving, but her brother stays and becomes a cop there. There's other characters in the movie, like Leon, Birkin, Wesker, Irons, Jill, etc., but it's basically adapting RE1 & RE2 into a single movie.

The Netflix live-action series is set in two time periods it hops between, the first being in the early 2020s in a picture-esque "New Raccoon City", a town that seems too perfect and obviously hiding dark secrets. We follow Jayde & Billie Wesker, who yes their father is Albert Wesker, though in this series they live with him as a single father and we follow the two sisters. The second time period is 20 or so years in the future, in 2040-something, when the apocalypse has happened, only certain cities have fortified and still stand against the relentless monsters that have taken over the world, and we follow one of the sisters in one of the cities as a survivor.

Now to clarify one more thing, there is a SECOND Netflix series, but it's not a live-action thing, it's a CG animated series named "Infinite Darkness". This is canon to the games unlike the other two (Though all three are set in separate universe to each other), it stars Leon and Claire somewhere after the events of Vendetta (same animation studio that made Vendetta), the White House experiences an outbreak while Claire Redfield checking on a friend finds them dead and with strange things on the site that lead her to investigate.

That's basically the breakdown for the three Resident Evil series/film in the works right now. The more surprising thing to me is all three seem well in development and not in development Hell or something. Not even one or two, but all three seem healthily in the works.

Got to be honest the live action RE show doesn't sound very appealing yet I'm not that person who won't got a show/film/book etc a chance for what ever reason, may it be that I might find some part of it interesting or I get a opportunity to get it for free or a fair price. Meaning that I'll still check it out.

Just that couldn't they came up with something else?, it's not like there aren't anything in the RE universe to explore then this "family" angle.

Oct 25, 2017

This movie is the exact one that had a script/casting call leaked that shipped Chris & Jill right?

If it is that legitimately gives me hope because Capcom doesn't have the nerves to push it beyond gentle teases.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Resident Evil franchise sure loves (or hates, depending how you look at it) Canadian cities.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'll take a standard rote horror movie that a Talley follows the games over someone trying to be all clever and do what their doing with the Netflix series.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
There are cities in Ontario, Canada!

Looks like they are filming in Sudbury, lol.

the-big-nickel.jpg

If the Big Nickle is used in this movie somehow I'm automatically seeing it no matter what.

All hail the Nickle!

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
ah the specific location of "ontario"

thank you to the person identifying sudbury.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Everything I've heard about the show sounds horrendous so my hopes are squarely in this being good. Cast seems great and I'm glad they are lifting actual locations from the games instead of the grab bag shit the other films did. Fingers crossed.

Jul 25, 2020

Just to clarify one thing you didn't ask but for anyone reading this thread, the Netflix live-action series and the upcoming live-action film have no relation to each other outside of both being new Resident Evil film projects, IE they're not set in the same universe or anything.

Do you know what the studio expectations of these live action adaptations are? I have to be honest, the Netflix series and this live action movie just sound really bad. The Netflix series especially so. I didn't like the teaser they did either with the detective. Movies are a weird thing but in terms of video game to movie adaptations I really hoped these would be up there and sadly I think they'll be forgettable.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is it sort of going to be a dual story? Chris and jill in the mansion with leon and claire in the city and police station?

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
So is it sort of going to be a dual story? Chris and jill in the mansion with leon and claire in the city and police station?

Sort of.

The protagonists of the movie are listed as Chris and Claire, while Leon, Jill (etc) were described as supporting roles, so i imagine the movie will shift between the perspective of the Redfields most of the time.

How the jumps will take place though, that's the mystery. Might be that both events are happening simultaneously or the mansion is simply flashbacks.

We'll have to wait and see.