gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Thanks, it's definitely easier to search for the icon on the PS5 and backwards Z-A. There are two downloads and it's the 11GB one, of course I downloaded the old 8GB beta by accident first.
Thank you for posting this, I went to download it only to be faced with 2 options with no details of the differences, when they were made available or anything actually useful to me.

I managed to start the 8.5GB download twice before finally finding the 11.869GB one. If you hadn't posted I wouldn't have had a clue which version to download.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
I thought this had been canceled lol.

I'll download it for shits and giggles, but I highly doubt it's gonna be played much. It' sbeing released at an awful moment.

Jun 18, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Do you own the game via a review key? I talked with someone else who also got a key from Capcom, and it looks like Capcom might have done a mistake with game ownership with that key as it gives you access to Village but not Re:Verse. You could try to ask Capcom for help.
Yeah a review key. I'm not that desperate to play this, I'll check it out in a few days :)

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised this is actually, finally coming out. Sounds like from impressions here it should've stayed gone.

I dunno, people might think differently but MP Resident Evil is something that I've never been interested in and I doubt that will ever change. Especially PvP RE.

Jul 1, 2020
Capcom keeping to try but also failing to make a good multiplayer Resident Evil is almost poetic at this point.
When I saw the trailer, I also assumed it would be PvE, shame, maybe someday they'll get it right.
I think it's a case of where they probably got it right the first time. If they remade or revisited Outbreak it would probably do a lot better.

harinezumi

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I believe I only played one round where I didn't come out last lol, I don't understand how to play this game.

Most rounds I'd shoot other players and then they'd shoot me once or twice, bam, I'm dead. And even when I killed other players I got like 20 points while other players were raking in points in the hundreds.

Bizkit Krueger

Powered by Friendship™
Sep 8, 2022
I believe I only played one round where I didn't come out last lol, I don't understand how to play this game.

Most rounds I'd shoot other players and then they'd shoot me once or twice, bam, I'm dead. And even when I killed other players I got like 20 points while other players were raking in points in the hundreds.

I think sprees are important, and revenge kills (killing the person who killed you when you're the monster) prolong your sprees into your next life?

but then there's also bonus points for killing a top 3 scoring player and some other nonsense too like special cinematic kills giving extra points. I played a few hours, came in top 3 almost every time, and still couldn't get a feel at all for the exact rhyme or reason for where I placed

Last edited:

ianpm31

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is it impossible for Capcom to do Outbreak again? It makes so much sense in todays day and age or at the very least do a 3rd person L4D style game but stop with these pvp attempts.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it impossible for Capcom to do Outbreak again? It makes so much sense in todays day and age or at the very least do a 3rd person L4D style game but stop with these pvp attempts.
Im wondering this as well. Though one of the big leaked lists has something Outbreak listed, but its weird why they keep doing these lame MP games instead of following up on what worked, only now tech has caught up with vision, so it should all work better. Outbreak + RE Engine and modern Internet infrastructure? Yes please!

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
One day it'll hopefully click to Capcom to just remake (or even port) Outbreak.

Played it after unhiding it via PS5. Pretty much still the same as it was before. Not gonna lie tho. With the progression and perks, I was enjoying it more though.

Oct 30, 2017
Saw Bawk playing this on Twitch last night and couldn't figure out what the hell the point was. He spawned as a Merc, basically two-shotted any other player who then morphed into a molded who then one-shotted Bawk until he became molded and then killed the molded.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

I've theorised it's mostly budget. Getting 8 people RE engined and then a bunch of characters for the scenarios sounds quite expensive for a side game. Then developing it to the standard of RE2/3 with multiple completely unique environments sounds like it would also be super expensive.

Granted that NVIDIA leak listed Outbreak, so something is probably in the works but who knows to what capacity? I would be very happy with even an online port to be honest, but would it even hold up in today's gaming climate? I don't think so. :( it would've been perfect for the PS3/360 generation.

Bizkit Krueger