Urðr

Aug 13, 2020
Okay, it looks higher budget than any of the movies. This might end up being the best thing they've made outside the games lol.

Last edited:

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Why call it Resident Evil?

And why call Lance Reddick's character "Albert Wesker" over James Marcus, William Birkin, Alexander Isaacs, or something original? The character in the trailers doesn't seem to resemble Albert Wesker at all (in terms of characterisation and personality).

Last edited:

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
Learning this show considers the game's canon to their own universe, and thus making this Wesker come after Wesker died in a volcano in RE5, somehow makes this a lot more interesting and amusing to me.

Yup, so this show isn't canon to the games, but apparently RE0-RE7 are canon to the show (RE8 only not included as that came a bit late for the show's production to really acknowledge it in anyway, but insist it's canon too in this universe, just happening elsewhere). And mention that Wesker having died in a volcano in RE5 is canon to this series and part of this shows story. Also mention that there's some scenes from the game's recreated in the series as flashbacks to elaborate some plot points for audiences unfamiliar with the games.
Reading through the thread. I'm a lot more interested in the show now.

Oct 25, 2017
Well. This at least sounds interesting. Only thing that puts me off is the runtime - I've watched all the films but switched off Infinite Darkness halfway through as there's only so much time I'm able to immerse myself in trash. Hopefully this is interesting enough to carry me through.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't look like Resident Evil, but it has zombies, so I'll watch it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Secret Bambino

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 21, 2021
Can't say I share the same excitement as most people here. It indeed looks like a higher budget project, and yet, based on these trailers, it still looks really cheap and bad. At least Lance Reddick is there, so that's good.
A shame really, I was hopeful that this would look better based on the fact that it was so different than the games, but aesthetically it still looks like a Paul WS Anderson movie.

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
I just got done watching the latest episode of Better Call Saul, and I had an epiphany. Patrick Fabian needs to play Barry Burton in live action Resident Evil at some point.

MV5BMmUxZjRiY2QtMmY3YS00ZWNiLTkwMzItNGMxMjY1ZTM3ZjNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk3NTgzMDU@._V1_.jpg

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
For fun, I went ahead and posted a fan casting thread.

www.resetera.com

If you were tasked with adapting the Resident Evil games, who would you cast?

Hollywood has put you in charge of adapting the Resident Evil games into live action. What would your ideal casting look like? I'll go first. Jennifer Carpenter as Jill Valentine Robbie Amell as Chris Redfield Michael Pitt as Leon Kennedy Kaya Scodelario as Claire Redfield Patrick...

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017
Billy / Rebecca, early infection racoon, the RPD, Leon and Claire, the STARS into the mansion etc...

So in a past life, I was a part of a group that pitched a cop series loosely inspired the RPD/corrupt Chief Irons story. Essentially taking a normal procedural, small town cops dosing small town stuff and making it weirder and more mysterious until ending with "the outbreak." No sequel series/other seasons, the idea was that the viewer would be "outside" the conspiracy and would "die" alongside their POV character, whoever that would be.

I really want someone to do exactly what you said though.