KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
RE7 in VR is in my top five gaming experiences of this generation, so this is nothing but good news to me.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Will it support my laundry detergent for when I'm constantly going to wash pairs of underwear from shitting in fear.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
RE7 was amazing in VR. I really wish they would add it to the PC version.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care for VR yet, but glad they are doing it, hopefully it will be close to what HL Alyx offers although I doubt it.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Really surprised no one's modded RE7 to work in VR on PC yet. Shouldn't it be possible like how Alien : Isolation was done?
There are a few different mod options that have been floating around since 2017, through vorpX, and the like.

Haven't tested them myself, but youtube gameplay seems pretty comparable to the PSVR version in the PC VR options.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Thats amazing. PS5's game reveals will hopefully include a glimpse of that and GT Sport full.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Guess this means I'll be missing out again. I downloaded REVII the other day on Steam to try it out on VR and discovered it's not there. Shame. I don't like such a young/niche market having exclusives to platforms.

Oct 24, 2019
FUCKK YEAHHHHHHHHH

RE7 in PSVR is still one of the best, most memorable gaming experiences I've ever had.

I don't usually buy RE games until steep sales, but this makes RE8 a day 1 for me

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017
This is great news? Happy for more VR support, but I'm still too scared to play RE7 on my PSVR lol.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
So incidentally, can you play the Not a Hero and End of Zoe dlcs in VR on PS4? I was thinking of dusting my PS4 and vr off the other day after finishing 3make since I never gave it a proper playthrough in it and never got around to the dlc at all.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They really really need to support PCVR as well. It was sorely missing last time. No timed exclusivity either please.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Fuck this probably indicates psvr exclusive again
:(
That sucks ass when I have a PC headset I can use right here...

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
So incidentally, can you play the Not a Hero and End of Zoe dlcs in VR on PS4? I was thinking of dusting my PS4 and vr off the other day after finishing 3make since I never gave it a proper playthrough in it and never got around to the dlc at all.

Yes you can.

All of the DLC content except Jack's 55th Birthday/Ethan Must Die are playable in VR

Oct 27, 2017
I really will never understand this sentiment. It's like saying "music is not for me" after hearing a song you don't like, or saying "tv is not for me" because you didn't like the show you watched. Even more baffling when the sentiment comes from someone who has never tried VR at all, not that I'm saying you haven't. It's just VR is used for such a wide variety of experiences, that unless you have a medical condition that prevents you from using it at all, there is at least one use of the platform that is in fact, for you.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
It was such a great experience to play the whole game in VR perspective (though the gameplay isn't very VR-ish). I so hope this is all true and that PC VR fans can have this, too, this time.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
I really will never understand this sentiment. It's like saying "music is not for me" after hearing a song you don't like, or saying "tv is not for me" because you didn't like the show you watched. Even more baffling when the sentiment comes from someone who has never tried VR at all, not that I'm saying you haven't. It's just VR is used for such a wide variety of experiences, that unless you have a medical condition that prevents you from using it at all, there is at least one use of the platform that is in fact, for you.
No medium is for everyone alive and there are people who despise TV and music or technology itself, but one thing I will say is that of all the "VR is not for me" comments I've seen, a large amount of them are from people who have misconceived ideas of what VR is or bring up fixable problems. I find that the people in this category generally play games that VR is perfect for, get invested in the games for reasons that you'd want VR for, and overall are looking for the ideas that VR brings to the table.

Basically, I expect a lot of the people saying this will be using and enjoying VR in the future. Next year? No. In 5 years? Maybe. In 10+ years? I'd think so. It's not the first time that an entire medium or platform had it's share of "I'll never use it". We've been there before for movies, gaming, TV, even PCs and phones.

Not saying they are particularly in this group, but a lot of people that say this are.

Jul 24, 2018
I don't think saying VR is not for me is anything remotely similar to saying I don't like music that's downright silly. I like music, but I don't care for metal, I like video games but I don't care for VR and yes I have tried it and it's not for me. Me saying that isn't hurting you in the slightest, or meant to undermine you or anyone else's fondness for VR, I am happy for those that are excited about it, and happy I can play this game the way I want too. Cheers.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
I don't think saying VR is not for me is anything remotely similar to saying I don't like music that's downright silly. I like music, but I don't care for metal, I like video games but I don't care for VR and yes I have tried it and it's not for me. Me saying that isn't hurting you in the slightest, or meant to undermine you or anyone else's fondness for VR, I am happy for those that are excited about it, and happy I can play this game the way I want too. Cheers.
It is quite similiar though. Music is a medium. VR is a medium. Mediums are things of that scale: TV, books, movies, gaming, and so forth.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
It's like hearing a child saying they don't like some food, yet they never tried it. Just infuriates me, because I want everyone who truly loves this medium, games, to experience this.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
I play quite a bit of VR and have for years, but this feels like a pretty big stretch.
Mediums are a way to communicate with participants either indirectly or directly, bold or subtle. They are art forms.

VR fits the definition here perfectly. Infact, it is for all intents and purposes a meta-medium since all other mediums are able to exist inside it.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
When Jawmuncher basically said it was going to be safe to dust off PSVR headsets in another RE8 rumor topic, it seemed like a foregone conclusion.

Happy for those who want it! Stuff makes me sick, so I'll stick to playing flat.