What do you think the final Metacritic score may be?

• 91-100

Votes: 114 18.1%
  • 88-90

Votes: 207 32.9%
  • 83-87

Votes: 253 40.2%
  • 80-82

Votes: 42 6.7%
  • 75-79

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • <70

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That Gamexplain review really went to town on the limited content. Apparently the only outdoors city sections are what we say in the demo, and the RPD is a truncated version of what we saw in RE2.

I don't mind Nemesis not stalking you throughout like Mr X as I'm ok with him being a boss character.

They should release an RE2/3 pack at the end of the year. And when they do RE4 remake, they had BETTER not leave anything out from that game.
But most expected Nemesis to be a persistent threat.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just can't justify $91 in Canada for a 5-6 hour game with less content than RE2 Remake.

For those saying the original was just as short, there is no reason why they couldn't have developed more content for this. Not to mention they cut entire sections from the original game.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
Unsurprising reviews. Still hopeful for the multiplayer though. Or would be if the PC demo actually released.

Wow that is really short. Definite pass for such a short game and high price.

Err. These games were NEVER long if you knew what you were doing. I played Code Veronica multiple times all trying to get sub-three hour completions.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why they wanted to release RE3 so fast after RE2.

Ended up being a good Remake but with more time it could have really put the game on RE2 level.

Hope they take their time with the RE4 Remake in a couple of years.

Oct 27, 2017
This.

I adored RE2make, but, it was definitely much more of a standard remake than REmake was. Didn't change that much ultimately.

REmake is in a league of it's own. Updating the game with modern graphics and adding genuine twists and surprises that still felt true to the original. That's what these *should* be.

REmake is the industry gold standard for remakes. I think it's genuinely in the conversation as one of the best games of all time even on own merits.

That was always an ambitious aim. Overall RE2 exceeded my expectations, and these reviews suggest RE3 will mostly set the lower ones I set myself for this. Ultimately I've wanted the original trilogy to be modernised and playable on modern systems for two decades, and now I have it.

Oct 25, 2017
So I heard the Easy Allies review and it seems like the biggest problem is that it's short, which isn't a problem at all for me, so I'm excited.

Hell, I like short games, I want to be able to replay these games whenever I want and be done with them on a single sitting.

Drwu

Aug 23, 2018
80 is a good score, I've played ever resident evil game except gaiden. So im still pretty pumped for this. It should be a fun ride

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
What does this mean "it went from", it's two different games we're talking about here one is not an extension of the other.

It's the next in the series quit being pedantic. A sequel to a game that wasn't as good. If a new game in a series comes out and gets less reviews than the one before people react. 12 points is a huge drop.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
80?? That's a bummer...
I'll play it no matter what but kinda sad to see the score (even though is not bad, I expected a higher one)

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
But a couple of the reviews mention there's no incentive to go through the game again like in other Resident Evil games, that's what I am referencing.
Have they? I've been sticking to the general tag lines to avoid spoilers but I wouldn't trust them on that imo. Then again, I always dump 100 hours into these games so I ain't gonna be bothered lol

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
ah man, that's really disappointing to hear the campaign is only 5 hours or so.

Will skip and wait for a 50% off sale. =/

I was really looking forward to this one. However, the cuts in content make it sound like it'd be an easier sell as DLC for RE 2 than a full separate product.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Capcom ideally wanted to release RE2 and RE3 at the same time? I feel like this would be the reason why the game feels a bit short as it was meant to complement the game as part of the remake duology.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
It's not like RE2 R did everything well. The story didn't really work. The A/B scenarios didn't really work. The lab didn't leave as much of an impression. But the progression and core gameplay were very strong.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the impressions so far are equally disappointing and confusing. Confusing in the sense that some people find it too similar to the original, while others mention a lot of changes and cut content. Though the worst criticisms are the combat being worse than in RE2R (when it's supposed to be an action-heavy game) and Nemesis being boring and not scary.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Wait to play the new Sewers before you write them off! They're one of the best parts of the new game -- the new Hunter Gammas are super freaky.

As for the Clock tower -- without spoiling anything, a lot of stuff from that sequence have been picked out and added to other parts of the game. There's a lot of "remixing" in the game. I won't pretend the Clock Tower being cut doesn't hurt a bit, but it doesn't feel like there's a gaping hole in the plot or anything.

I mean I haven't seen it myself but we already played that area in RE2R and I immediately wondered whether they cut an entire iconic area so they can asset reuse toss together the area in question you bring up instead of having to make the other from scratch.

I'm not gonna lie, this all sounds lame as hell to me, all the substitutions I've read. Who wants to play yet another generic video game setting like that in lieu of the original iconic one.

Geinrendour

Jun 3, 2018
So this sounds exactly like what the original RE3 was lol
Indeed. I've got no problems with being the case. RE3 is still my favorite.
Huber approved, so I'm good.

Same length as the original more or less as well depending on the difficulty you go for.
I prefer a packed story than a diluted one in a long game. Besides, that is the length of 2 run (excluding the B route).

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Currently 3 points behind Control on OpenCritic which is hailed as one of the GOTYs from last year. Crazy how the line between GOTY and flop is 3 points.

Oct 25, 2017
Have they? I've been sticking to the general tag lines to avoid spoilers but I wouldn't trust them on that imo. Then again, I always dump 100 hours into these games so I ain't gonna be bothered lol

I mean I won't know until I play it myself, but yeah that's what I've read from the limited sentences I saw as to not get spoiled.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
My guess is they didn't bother to make them for RE2R, since there were only a small few. And they especially didn't bother to make them for RE3R. They took Lickers from RE2R instead (they weren't in OG RE3 I'm sure).
Nope. Lickers were absent in OG RE3. Hm, probably. Spiders are standard inventory since RE1 though. So I still do not understand..

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
The X performance stuff is incredibly disappointing. It'd be a real bummer to wait for the Series X to play this...

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Score doesn't matter. It's still going to sell a shit ton of copies. People are bored and stuck at home right now.

BT-787

Oct 26, 2017
If I may ask some questions.
Was your first run on hard difficulty? if not did you try it? I just want to know which difficulty will be best to start with.
Finished on standard not hard. Tried hard for a bit for my second playthrough (gotta get those unlockables) it's brutal IMHO. I'd say go with standard. I tried assisted too but found it a bit pointless.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
But a couple of the reviews mention there's no incentive to go through the game again like in other Resident Evil games, that's what I am referencing.
The same thing can be applied to just about every RE game.

As long as I get my inf ammo, plus unlockable weapons, I'll put in plenty of time into it.

Heck I've played the demo for more than 10(according to xbox). 😋

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
Okay, now I'm worried.

Apparently the demo area is the prominent portion of the explorable city according to the reviews? That's it?
Nemesis only shows up randomly at the start and is then relegated to cutscene triggers/bossfights? Zero extra modes? 4-6 hour runtime?

The amount of cut content that gave RE3 its identity is a potential shame (live triggers, clocktower, park, a true game long pursuer, etc), sure, but only if it doesn't add anything memorable back. Which is what some reviews are echo-ing.

It can't be that bad, right?