• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
The drain demois are one of the most annoying enemies I've ever encounter in an RE game

The stupid spider things? I hated that section.

The fact that you don't have invincibility during some animations, like the recovery after activating a breaker, is so silly when those spiders kill you in 3 hits.

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
Can you avoid getting bitten by a zombie when the QTE pops up? I've changed it to hold but I get bit every time :/

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
So, 2nd attempt at hardcore I have died numerous times, and forgot the freaking Green Gem... however, I am incredibly better stocked health item wise, and ammo wise this go around

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
How are people getting through it in 3-4 hours? Second playthroughs or are people just rushing through it?

TouchOfGray

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man that spider section was annoying, did anyone else burn through herbs like they were going out of fashion?

And I'm finding Nemesis a touch frustrating, he usually attacks when out of sight of the camera so the dodge mechanic seems difficult to pull off successfully without just spamming and hoping.

Other than that, has been some pretty solid Resident Evil fun.

Yeah I've found Nemesis quite annoying.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, it's over. I read from this thread that it was short and I took my time, but it ended in just 7 hours. Would have liked about 2 more hours of gameplay, more puzzles. Still, no regrets, more RE2R-like content is always good. Can only say the most memorable thing about this game is Jill herself. No other locations, characters, scenes. Jill sometimes talking to herself is a nice thing to incorporate, I think there was much more of it compared to RE2.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Well, I caved and bought it, my friend has been gushing over it and convinced me to get it.

TouchOfGray

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The enemy grab QTE is just a bad game mechanic. It's not intuitive and obviously when I find out what it does I'm going to hold A to reduce damage every single time so why is it there at all?

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what's the deal with the in game timer then? My friend beat the game and said it took like six hours but the final time on the results screen was 4 hours something. Is it same to assume that the final time will be an hour or two taken off the time in the pause menu?

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
It just reduces damage when you pass it.
The QTE is to mitigate damage.
You can't, is there just so you take less damage.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Much appreciated! Can't wait till it's night time again and I can play this. Night time + headphones make the experience so much better for me. Hope everyone's enjoying their time with it. Also did they get rid of binaural sound? (It was in RE2R)

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
played it since canceling the preorder wasn't viable. lol

They weren't kidding about how brief this was. Damn.

Pretty fun but it feels like I just played an appetizer for a hopefully better more expansive Resident Evil next, whether that's RE4 or RE8.

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Browsing the thread and it appears most are enjoying themselves?

Anyone feel like giving a little more of a detailed first impression for those of us on the fence?

Zarathustra

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished it. Steam says 7 houts, the in-game timer said 5.5, I'd say it took me just over 6 to be honest.

I enjoyed it. Short but sweet. Definitely not a lot of replay value as there's only one character.

Now to remake the first RE with the same engine and mechanics. :)

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just did the
subway puzzle
please tell me I'm not like almost halfway done now^^ so far I really dig it.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
Are there trainers or cheats available? I just wanna make my way through and see the sights. I didn't buy the game (family shared on my account) so I'm not concerned about what value I lose or whatever.

Thanks

Tom Glass

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I'm so pissed that Nemesis is not coming into save rooms... That would be so amazing! Anyway - enjoy the game, I will definitely grab it on some sale, RE2 was simply awesome.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Raccoon City is by far the best location in the series. I'd be down for many sequels and side stories in this location.

Huxley

Feb 20, 2019
Does this one have the classic soundtrack & menu sound effects as an option or DLC? I really liked that nostalgia bump in RE2:Remake

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Despite the reviews not setting the world on fire, I picked this up today based on the strength of RE2 alone. Hoping this can be at least 75% what that game was.

JudgeN

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have an issue with Gsync? Tried both full screen and borderless window and its not registering.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Finished it with a clear time of 4:59:03.

I really like Jill and Carlos in this, and there's some entertaining moments, but overall it's kind of just alright? It didn't really do too much for me as a fan of RE3 outside of a few moments, Nemesis was mainly just boss fights which is disappointing. Shame about the cut areas too.

There's some cool extras in the shop though so going to play around so more and unlock stuff.