Sep 12, 2018
Saw the stream live and apparently nothing new about RE3 or even Resistance.
giphy.gif

Mr_Zombie

Oct 27, 2017
Poland
Good, keep it that way. After RE2 there's no need to see anything.
I disagree. Not only is this game made by a different team, due to being more open (streets of Raccoon City vs closed-off RPD) and more action-y, the gameplay has to be different. Bullet-sponge zombies wouldn't work well in more open spaces with tons of zombies (as seen in the screens/trailer).

I don't want Capcom to spoil whole parts of the game (like they did with RE2), but a solid 10-15 minute of gameplay showing a standard gameplay loop would be appreciated.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Good, keep it that way. After RE2 there's no need to see anything.

obviously there will be a gameplay sooner or later, but we really don't need it imo

Don't want gameplay. Keep everything secret. It's for the best. They ruined RE2 before release.

Nobody is forcing you to watch gameplay if you don't want to.
And I don't think RE2 was ruined at all. If a whole game is ruined because you knew when a single thing happen, then goddamn I don't want to be you.

I'm betting on a playable demo next month. Wonder if it will be one shot or something more creative, like how long can you survive nemesis? That would be cool.

Oh yeah, there's definitely going to be a demo. RE7 had a demo, RE2 had a demo and both did very well and raised the pre-orders. I don't see why they wouldn't do one this time.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
You can currently pre-order RE3 on Amazon for $50.

Keep in mind that Best Buy is the only retailer offering a steelbook with their pre-orders, so you essentially have the choice between a steelbook with them, or saving $10 with Amazon.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand it's weird they haven't shown anything beyond that like ten second clip from the developer video back when the game got announced but on the other hand the game really isn't that far away and I think they've learned from the complaints RE2r's marketing got where they showed way too much. Either way I'm not going to watch any gameplay but I understand why people want to see more.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
SΓ£o Paulo - Brazil
I mean...Two months is still a heck of a long time. I feel like we're just being impatient.

It's not about being impatient. I doubt many people are demanding Capcom to release gameplay or something like that, only expressing their expectation that we could have been gameplay by now. And considering how virtually all games have good chuncks of gameplay by the time they are two months from release that's not an unreasonable position.

And if you don't want to see gameplay because you might think it could ruin the game or something like that, just don't see it and let other people that want to have the option.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm more concerned that no UK retailer is listing the pre-order DLC yet...

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I'm on a media blackout, so it doesn't bother me. I can understand some getting anxious about the lack of gameplay.

Can't believe they killed Mercenaries. 😒
I hope they make up for it with meaty dlc content, ng+, and more rewards than the original.
pls don't kill the infinite ammo case reward

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
got deluxe edition for RE2 digitally and liked the game so damn much that I was thinking getting a physical copy, but RE2 Remake is probably getting a GOTY edition right?
Anyone?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
got deluxe edition for RE2 digitally and liked the game so damn much that I was thinking getting a physical copy, but RE2 Remake is probably getting a GOTY edition right?
Anyone?

If RE2 gets anything, it'll likely just be a port for next-gen as the current DLC doesn't make much of a package to tote as "GOTY Edition".

RE3 on the other hand has no DLC depots, so it's probably the same thing there.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
If RE2 gets anything, it'll likely just be a port for next-gen as the current DLC doesn't make much of a package to tote as "GOTY Edition".

RE3 on the other hand has no DLC depots, so it's probably the same thing there.
Not familiar with the "depots" thing. Does this mean they are going to skimp out on DLC again 😭

Mr. Rod

Jan 17, 2018
Not familiar with the "depots" thing. Does this mean they are going to skimp out on DLC again 😭
How would we know at this stage when the game's two months away?

I expect something similar to RE2 tho: minor DLCs like Ghost Survivors for replay value (and if Mercenaries is not in the base game *prays*).

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
So, how likely that we're getting something new at Valentine's day ? It would be a pretty big missed opportunity if not.
Also, it would be exactly one month after the last batch of info.

Ste

Banned
Jun 8, 2018
England
I'm currently trying to S+ every run and tick every box on resident evil 2 remake before this comes out, I just hope it is as good as 2 remake is!

Agreed on valentines day for gameplay or even a one shot demo!

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I'm currently trying to S+ every run and tick every box on resident evil 2 remake before this comes out, I just hope it is as good as 2 remake is!

Agreed on valentines day for gameplay or even a one shot demo!
Doing an S+ on standard/hardcore was awesome. I remember when I first started on Hardcore how freaking hard it was for me, but then I started following guides on YouTube. Immediately became extremely fun. Plan on booting up REmake for a run through and RE2R again in the coming weeks

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Nemesis is obviously going to go through more and more subtle changes as the story progresses, which I like.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I did an S+ rank for the unlockables. It was fun, but tense. Honestly, if I had known that they were going to release the inf weapons as dlc unlock, I wouldn't have done it. πŸ˜‹

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I think, as others have speculated, we will get something Friday. If not, I really do think they might wait until March and just unload with previews etc.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
What are the odds of a season pass?
I'm hoping to see
β€’Alt costumes
β€’Dlc weapons
β€’Dlc scenarios for extra characters, think something like RE2 dlc
β€’Original Soundtrack
β€’Mercenaries
β€’Boss Rush Mode
β€’Item/ammo randomizer

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I think we will definitely get a good chunk of DLC for 3, I think they were legit surprised but just how well RE2 did and how much people wanted more and just weren't really prepped for it.

Also yes, I will pay the full price of the game again just for a bunch of Jill costumes. I have no shame

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
BestBuy includes an officially licensed steelbook case when pre-ordering the standard version:

6400572_sd.jpg
That looks so good, should've been included with the CE. πŸ˜”

Speaking of steelbooks, and covers. Does anyone do custom covers? I'd love the Japanese sleeve with Nemesis.

😭
Why can't they bombard us with dlc for Resident Evil games.
Would love a DLC scenario featuring Nikolai.
That would be lovely.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I did an S+ rank for the unlockables. It was fun, but tense. Honestly, if I had known that they were going to release the inf weapons as dlc unlock, I wouldn't have done it. πŸ˜‹
Wait hold up. Are we talking about REmake 2? I can get the infinite weapons (rocket launcher and machine gun) as free DLC now? Or is it paid for? I wanted them so badly but didn't want to take the time out to redo a run several times over to get the timing down enough.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Wait hold up. Are we talking about REmake 2? I can get the infinite weapons (rocket launcher and machine gun) as free DLC now? Or is it paid for? I wanted them so badly but didn't want to take the time out to redo a run several times over to get the timing down enough.
Paid dlc sadly. It's on sale $1.99 for xbox.
Regular price is $4.99

I got the S+ rank unlockables on PS4, but I ended up getting the dlc for xbox one. πŸ˜‹